• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What'd you eat today?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Sourdough bread with cream cheese in the morning, carnitas soft tacos with pickled radishes and arugula mid-day, and PB & J at night. Iced tea between meals.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Mexican food is my favorite. I want @Subduction Zone to come down and cook some for me since that is his specialty. :D
LOL! I love to cook all kinds of food.

Tonight I had roast pork shoulder with fennel bulb, mashed potatoes, and fresh green beans. I had never used fennel before and it needed to be used. I ended up chopping it up and putting the pork on top of it and roasting the whole thing in a Dutch oven I don't know if it was the fennel bulb or not but the pork was amazing.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, you are nowhere near as boring as me. I get the Pulitzer Prize for boring food and boring life.
Find a cooking show that you like. Try some of their recipes. If you have eaten that cuisine you have a good idea what it should taste like. You might fail a few times, but that is how we learn.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Bubble n squeak for breakfast, pork sandwich for lunch and curried prawns, sugar snap peas, beans and zucchini with wild rice for dinner.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Bubble n squeak for breakfast, pork sandwich for lunch and curried prawns, sugar snap peas, beans and zucchini with wild rice for dinner.
Straight wild rice or a wild rice blend? Wild rice itself is not a rice, it is a grass seed. If it was white and black it was a blend. Wild rice is almost black in color. I love it straight.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Weetabix for breakfast
It's almost time for a ham sandwich for lunch.
For dinner... Basil and tomato soup. Pork chops, mashed potatoes, roast potato carrots, apple sauce, gravy. Followed by a walnut pound cake I've just made.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Straight wild rice or a wild rice blend? Wild rice itself is not a rice, it is a grass seed. If it was white and black it was a blend. Wild rice is almost black in color. I love it straight.

I love it straight too but it's impossible to get here. We have to settle for a blend of white, brown and black.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Poutine has caught on in some border towns. It's ****ing delicious. I had it in Wisconsin.

I misread that as poitin.

The reason drink alcohol so rarely and have never been drunk since i had poitin almost 35 years ago.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

Plain old wild rice, not that God awful 90 second stuff. I know it's not rice but that's what they call it probably because grass seeds doesn't sound that appealing.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I love it straight too but it's impossible to get here. We have to settle for a blend of white, brown and black.

Supermarkets sell it here and I've seen it on ebay and Amazon, might be worth a try. Although I seem to remember the Amazon price being ridiculous.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Plain old wild rice, not that God awful 90 second stuff. I know it's not rice but that's what they call it probably because grass seeds doesn't sound that appealing.
It is so good. But it takes a while to cook. I had no idea that it was available in Australia.

upload_2022-11-17_3-16-17.png

ChristineM

Premium Member
Supermarkets sell it here and I've seen it on ebay and Amazon, might be worth a try. Although I seem to remember the Amazon price being ridiculous.

The Amazon price the crazy here too, with acl fortune for delivery on top.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There can be a huge range in price. I have seen small boxes of it from Minnesota where it probably was wild wild rice at four or more times the price of domestic wild rice grown in California. I always have some at certain meals even if I am the only one to eat it. Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner are two of them.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Amazon.fr was 23€ for 300gram plus €8.50 shipping. That's a definite no chance price I'll do with mixed.
Wow!! That is more expensive than Minnesota wild rice would be here. Divide that total price by eight or nine and that would be what it is here, though to be fair I have not priced it since this wave of inflation.