• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What you Expect at your Door

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
So....let's just say....
you cannot avoid meeting the Carpenter
Jesus is going to knock on your door

describe the Man as you open the Door

He wouldn't knock (or ring) at my door hopefully since I will have a sticker telling all those hawking wares, including religion, that they are not welcome. Still haven't stuck it in place though. :oops:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I posted this thread with some desire to have response.....

as if the event is actually going to happen

shall we continue?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So....let's just say....

It's very odd. First impression is nondescript, all but intangible. Then I notice every time I imagine he might have a particular appearance, or particular characteristics, or particular views, dang me if those aren't exactly what he has.

Extraordinarily versatile, but in the end, always a reflection of someone else.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
He wouldn't knock (or ring) at my door hopefully since I will have a sticker telling all those hawking wares, including religion, that they are not welcome. Still haven't stuck it in place though. :oops:

leaning to the reputation of Carpenter.....even the dogma.....for this discussion....

do you think you could simply not answer the door?
do you think that will work?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
leaning to the reputation of Carpenter.....even the dogma.....for this discussion....

Would I want to talk with all the others (prophets, etc., from all the other religions)? Not really.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Sometimes it actually is better to just read your Bible. Jesus attained a new form, because that is how He appeared to the followers, and, they already knew that was going to happen, because Jesus already told them that.

What you wrote doesn't even make sense, frankly.
New form indeed. I find it interesting how the gospels say that those who knew him before do not recognize him after the resurrection.

Peace

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Would I want to talk with all the others (prophets, etc., from all the other religions)? Not really.
I might assume you have no belief in life after death.....

and so....no real comment to add to this thread

but.....it you try real hard....
draw to mind what you think you know of the Carpenter

what would you expect to see at your door?

and of course......
if you would not care to answer the door
why then answer this thread?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Another silly question:
Wouldn't he know that I wasn't going to answer the door,
isn't he omnipotent ? Or isn't that inhereted from the father ?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So....let's just say....

I would be thrilled to find out something objective about God, and not have to rely on fallible humans claiming to be The Official Spokesman for God.
I would do and believe anything He said.
Anything. No matter what it is. Anything.

Anything.

Have I repeated "anything" enough? Enough to convince you that I am all about God?
But that humans claiming to be God's Official Spokesman aren't too credible?
Why do religionists fail to understand the difference between believing in God and believing in humans claiming to speak for God?
Tom

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I would be thrilled to find out something objective about God, and not have to rely on fallible humans claiming to be The Official Spokesman for God.
I would do and believe anything He said.
Anything. No matter what it is. Anything.

Anything.

Have I repeated "anything" enough? Enough to convince you that I am all about God?
But that humans claiming to be God's Official Spokesman aren't too credible?
Why do religionists fail to understand the difference between believing in God and believing in humans claiming to speak for God?
Tom
speaking for God....as if a prophet?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I might assume you have no belief in life after death.....

and so....no real comment to add to this thread

but.....it you try real hard....
draw to mind what you think you know of the Carpenter

what would you expect to see at your door?

and of course......
if you would not care to answer the door
why then answer this thread?

Well I only have that which has been depicted as being Jesus, and I'm afraid I can't accept any or all of that in it's entirety, so basically it is only a representation of some individual that I would apparently be meeting. I have no idea what that would be - like all the other prophets, leaders, symbols, etc. Perhaps I would ask if he was pleased at the progress of Christianity and all that has occurred since it was formed. And how would he see the rise of so many other religions - all competing for our attention - and causing just as much division as they bring people together. No other way for humans to live?

The sticker I have does mention religious groups (so more referring to JWs perhaps, who usually arrive in pairs), but I hope any individual would know not to bother me. :rolleyes:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
So....let's just say....

My door is not broken. So, dont need no carpenter whatsoever.

That is only for people with broken doors.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

jesus-knock-knock.jpg

This is the reputation of the Carpenter around here.
Tom

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I like to think of Jesus as wearin' a Tuxedo T-shirt, 'cause it says, like, "I want to be formal, but I'm here to party too." I like to party, so I like my Jesus to party

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
So....let's just say....

He is not a carpenter but a (Greek word) tecton, or magi, and he has called to offer his wisdom, counselling, healing and feel-good factor....... probably would accept hospitality.

He is dark skinned or sun-tanned, shoulder length dark hair, Jewish facial features, 5'8", medium build, wearing spun wool or flax cloak and flax sandals, with flax spun tied belt.

I'd invite him in..... definitely.