• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What you Expect at your Door

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So....let's just say....
you cannot avoid meeting the Carpenter
Jesus is going to knock on your door

describe the Man as you open the Door

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Jesus (pronounced Hay-zeus) is about 5' 8" tall, wearing a bright yellow safety t-shirt and there are two other Hispanic looking fellows waiting in the older model (yet still in nice shape) pick up truck parked on the street. Mr. Rodriguez then asks me if I need any miscellaneous carpentry work done, I tell him no as I do much of my work myself. He then says thank you in broken english and drives down the street a bit and knocks on another door.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Jesus (pronounced Hay-zeus) is about 5' 8" tall, wearing a bright yellow safety t-shirt and there are two other Hispanic looking fellows waiting in the older model (yet still in nice shape) pick up truck parked on the street. Mr. Rodriguez then asks me if I need any miscellaneous carpentry work done, I tell him no as I do much of my work myself. He then says thank you in broken english and drives down the street a bit and knocks on another door.

Are they muscular and sweaty?

giphy.gif

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Some bloke. Probably I'd turn him away for trying to sell me something.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So....let's just say....

He would be a 32ish year old jewish carpenter in the 4BC era. Though, as human, I wonder what he would think of the 21st century and if at my door, how come we have Jews and pagans living under the same roof.

Probably be culture shocked.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
So....let's just say....

Invisible...
I'd assume the neighborhood kids playing door knocker ditch again.

CruzNichaphor

So....let's just say....

That poor homeless dude who's always rummaging through our garbage and screaming at terrified strangers about how to live their lives.

At least the homeless dude claims to have excuses for his behaviour that are more believable.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No Doubt!! *Grin*

Thief

Rogue Theologian
How about.....He shows up much the same as He left

Crown of thorns
scourged back
wounded hands and feet
blade wound in His side

and He might have a sword

and cannot be killed.....already happened

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
So....let's just say....

First the moment he touches the door my whole house becomes kosher assuming the law requires it. If there are dead things they come to life, because its unthinkable that he will become unclean from entering a house where there is death. My dirty dishes are suddenly clean. The meat and milk move to opposite sides of the 'fridge! Mold disappears - either that or the house does, but which one I am not sure of.

So he is wearing white, symbolizing some thing or other. He also has a torah scroll under one arm he has personally copied himself by hand. He has hat hair, showing the crown on his head has recently floated up into heaven back to his Father, making us both equals again sort of. There are animals talking in English nearby, which is slightly weird but not unpleasant.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Isn't he dead, though? I'd expect he (if he is really a "he" at all at this point) to look something like a spectral apparition. Might not even have distinguishable arms or legs. Could possibly resemble ball lightning. That's it! Ball lightning = Jesus!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Isn't he dead, though? I'd expect he (if he is really a "he" at all at this point) to look something like a spectral apparition. Might not even have distinguishable arms or legs. Could possibly resemble ball lightning. That's it! Ball lightning = Jesus!

I used to film lightning storms trying to catch the flash

never saw any faces in the replay......

but hey.....wasn't an angel cast down into the earth as if lightning?

but we digress