• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would you say to God?

Clara Tea

If you saw God, what would you say to him? What kind of questions would you have? How do you think you would react to seeing God?

I'd say, "excuse me madam, since you are Black, are you part of "Black Lives Matter?"

At which point, the Ku Klux Klan members would make some bigoted pro-Christian slur about Blacks, being highly religious and bedecked in Christian emblems. Then a huge Black foot would come down on top of them....squish.

Is it blasphemy to assume that God "might be" Black or a woman? Actually, we are supposed to trust people as they are, so I would imagine that it would be blasphemy to assume that God is not Black, and not a woman.

Man is made in God's image. But, since man has so many images, I would imagine that they are talking about a state of mind, not a race. If so, maybe man is made in the image of someone who would violate the 10 Commandments. Which is why man falls so very far short of perfection most of the time.

Thou shalt not kill.....God killed during Noah's flood and Sodom. President George W. Bush, on the flimsiest evidence, just killed roughly 1,000,000 Iraqis who were innocent of terrorism.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife....God had baby Jesus with Mary when she was married to Joseph.

Do as I say, not as I do?

Maybe instead of praying to God for forgiveness, mankind should forgive God for His sins?

PureX

Veteran Member
If you saw God, what would you say to him? What kind of questions would you have? How do you think you would react to seeing God?
I would say 'thank you!', profusely. No questions, no whining, no requests. Just 'thank you!' from the bottom of my heart.

Azrael Antilla

The questions I would have would depend on the God in question. There are countless human Gods. Of course. If for argument's sake I was conversing with some kind of creator God. As described or promoted by various religious narratives. Then my only question would be Why? Why bother creating trillions of galaxies and all they contain? Seems extraordinarily pointless, ultimately, from my subjective viewpoint.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Just look up behind you. He is there. Yeah, we were in Kerala last week. Shoes are not permitted in houses. And being completely without anything on the feet will dirty them. So perhaps, socks are the compromise. It is not so cold here, 63 F at night. Of course, because of the rains, we are not yet into winter. Don't worry about things you may have lost, I lost a nice belt. Move on. :)

Its true! I know he isn't far off, 'cause I hear him laughing sometimes.

Yeah, feet with nothing do get dirty. Its worth it in the warm months, though.

I'm not worried about the old shoe. I have others. I wouldn't even necessarily want the shoe back. I'm hoping its somewhere funny(I like a good joke). I kind of thrive off of humor. Perhaps its on someone's garden gnome hours away from here...

Azrael Antilla

Specifically I am thinking of the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob.
I wouldn't have any questions for that particular deity. He is not the sort of entity that likes being questioned. It would seem...going by the biblical and Canaanite mythological narratives attached to him (Yahweh).

pearl

No words necessary.
None, if I saw God, all would be answered
I'd know I was dead to my earthly life, but 'saved' since I still exist.

DNB

Christian
1 Timothy 1:17
1:17. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

1 Timothy 6:15-16
6:15. which He will bring about at the proper time--He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16. who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.