• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would you say to God?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Which God?

This is exactly what I was thinking, because it would make a huge difference!!

If I happened to find Krishna on my couch, after I got over my initial excitement, I'd ask him if he'd like a diet Pepsi. After that, I'd ask him what happened to my other brown shoe.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Since you spelled it “God” I am assuming this is about the Abrahamic God.

There is no “what would I say to God”, there is only “what do I say to God”.

What I say is between me and God and the responses come in the form of inclinations which I might be able to form into words. I will say though that for the most part I seek guidance on my path forward, as well as wisdom and resolve in dealing with my own human nature. I share what I am feeling so that I might reflect and make better decisions, and express gratitude for my life, for God(s), and the world around me.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
This is exactly what I was thinking, because it would make a huge difference!!

If I happened to find Krishna on my couch, after I got over my initial excitement, I'd ask him if he'd like a diet Pepsi. After that, I'd ask him what happened to my other brown shoe.

Thunar?! *Grabs my beer* proceeds to pound it.
*Hands him another one* Do you like Thursdays?

Suave

Simulated character
Which version of God?

I mean, if we're talking about an actual ancient, magical, solitary alien, I wouldn't say anything. I would have no reason to presume that it and I would be capable of mutually intelligible communication.

OTOH, if we're assuming the particular God of some particular religion, then I take it we're assuming that religion's back story for God as well (right?), so it may be a given that God can and does communicate with humans... as unlikely as this might be.

Suppose God being controller of sims, reality based virtual reality programmer of human consciousness? What say you then?

Suave

Simulated character
If you saw God, what would you say to him? What kind of questions would you have? How do you think you would react to seeing God?

I have God pegged as being controller of sims, reality based virtual reality programmer of human consciousness. Since I've likely figured out God's nature, I know what to expect and should be undaunted. I'm fully confident I'm an interesting enough character to be reanimated . To God, I speak not, to God, I sing in my most angelic voice, What's on your mind?

After my most entertaining song and dance routine, I'd ask What's beyond our simulation, Who's behind the door?

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Krishna would certainly not like diet Pepsi. Prepare Lassi or Chach (whey) for him. Krshna would say "Why do you need shoes?". Krishna is always barefeet.
91IHT1la8mL._SL1401_.jpg

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If you saw God, what would you say to him? What kind of questions would you have? How do you think you would react to seeing God?

Main question
What's the crack with childhood leukemia?
And many more like it

How would be react? Utter astonishment

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Krishna would certainly not like diet Pepsi. Prepare Lassi or Chach (whey) for him. Krshna would say "Why do you need shoes?". Krishna is always barefeet.
91IHT1la8mL._SL1401_.jpg

That's a good tip. Maybe I'll keep the stuff to make lassi around, in case he shows up.

I don't wear shoes, either, if I have any say in the matter. But many businesses require it... I keep a pair or two in my car in case I need them. Also, past a certain point in the year it becomes difficult to go shoeless outside for more than a few minutes. February temperatures are often below 0 degrees F. About this time of year it starts cooling down(its been in around 50 degrees F this week). Maybe, depending on the time of year he comes, I should offer him some woolen socks? Being barefoot in Iowa in the dark months wouldn't be fun.

The brown shoe confuses me, though. Its not just that I can't find it... its that it vanished. I've always been curious where it went. Is it in Decorah? Minnesota? Did Ares throw it out the window? What really happened to the brown shoe?

i would say
that i really like to be with him in higher realms and staying there or at least see there `one time`
instead of limited human life experiencing...

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That's a good tip. Maybe I'll keep the stuff to make lassi around, in case he shows up.
Just look up behind you. He is there. Yeah, we were in Kerala last week. Shoes are not permitted in houses. And being completely without anything on the feet will dirty them. So perhaps, socks are the compromise. It is not so cold here, 63 F at night. Of course, because of the rains, we are not yet into winter. Don't worry about things you may have lost, I lost a nice belt. Move on. :)