• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would you do...

confused453

...if you became the god.

(doesn't matter how, say god transferred all of it's abilities to you, to become a regular human or whatever)

the question is, what would you do?

Last edited:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I am already part of God.
If I became the Absolute Whole, I would transcend limitations and things caused by human ego, so I do not know. Probably continue with whatever the Whole was doing before.

If I were a God like the one you probably have in mind -- the man sitting on a throne somewhere who is deeply personal -- I'd be a terrible God. Nobody said I have to be omnibenevolent; I wouldn't be. I'd make it pretty clear I existed, though.

Last edited:

chinu

chinu

(doesn't matter how, say god transferred all of it's abilities to you, to become a regular human or whatever)

I'll help the souls who are wholeheartedly intrested in going back to their real home (Heaven). This would my only only work, nothing else.. :)

arthra

Baha'i

I used to have some pantheistic notions when I was younger...a lot younger ...then as I got older I realized it was really quite impossible to even think of myself as god.. there's something about youth that has an invulnerable quality to it ..that is you can feel sort of invulnerable, but that assumption itself has killed some of the best of us and that mercifully I think.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I am already part of God.
If I became the Absolute Whole, I would transcend limitations and things caused by human ego, so I do not know. Probably continue with whatever the Whole was doing before.

If I were a God like the one you probably have in mind -- the man sitting on a throne somewhere who is deeply personal -- I'd be a terrible God. Nobody said I have to be omnibenevolent; I wouldn't be. I'd make it pretty clear I existed, though.
This pretty much sums up my position, but I think I'd be omnibenevolent, and do my level best at being just as well.

First thing I'd do would be to eliminate those 'sins' I can't forgive - pedophilia for instance. Just rewrite the human psyche to repair the defect.

There would be no hell, I'd make that clear as well.

chinu

chinu
First thing I'd do would be to eliminate those 'sins' I can't forgive - pedophilia for instance. Just rewrite the human psyche to repair the defect.
Suppose somebody has done something very wrong with you, In this case do you want that god may take your permission to eliminate the sins of that person. ? if no than its OK, If yes, than this is the reason that god is helpless to do this. :)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Suppose somebody has done something very wrong with you, In this case do you want that god may take your permission to eliminate the sins of that person. ? if no than its OK, If yes, than this is the reason that god is helpless to do this. :)
I have no idea what you just asked me.

I'm fair sure English isn't your first language, and I'm not trying to be harsh, but you REALLY need to put more effort into your syntax (sentence structure, which is crucial to English grammar).

To elaborate, though:

I wouldn't forgive such sins. I would make them impossible. There would be no future victims to consider.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep

As I would be all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-present, I would have no drive to do anything aside from possibly commit suicide. If my all-knowing attribute was bound by my existence, then the only remaining mystery would be if anything survives after my death.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Oh goodness me! I don't know if people would think I'm horrible or not, I would eliminate quite a few sins. I would make life a lot simpler. Of course that means a little less freedom but ultimately I think people would be happier.

chinu

chinu
I have no idea what you just asked me.

I'm fair sure English isn't your first language, and I'm not trying to be harsh, but you REALLY need to put more effort into your syntax (sentence structure, which is crucial to English grammar).
:) i'll try my best.

To elaborate, though:

I wouldn't forgive such sins. I would make them impossible. There would be no future victims to consider.
Yes.. there would be no future victims, But what about that have happend in the past ? The problem is they want revenge, so god is helpless to do such. :)

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If we're talking about turning into some monotheist deity, anything I do with these new superpowers would depend on what sort of information I gain from the omniscience that I assume comes with it based on this thread.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I would make one planet for reasonable people and another one for everybody else.

Then I would set up satellites so the reasonable people could watch what was going on on the other planet.

Then I would give them popcorn.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
I would make one planet for reasonable people and another one for everybody else.

Then I would set up satellites so the reasonable people could watch what was going on on the other planet.

Then I would give them popcorn.

So basically you'd create a heaven and a hell, then turn hell into a kind of reality show for people in heaven?

:popcorn:

confused453

There's a whole universe out there, and you're only thinking Earth heaven and hell :confused:

When there's a talk about heaven and hell, are these like different planets? Or are we talking about some hidden dimensions?

Being all powerful, knowing everything there is must become boring after trillions of years, and hard to imagine. Maybe once we evolve a step further, we'll have a better picture of things.

Too much is still unknown, but if I had that power, I wouldn't change a thing about personal freedom and free choices, and let the intelligent living beings like humans either advance to their limits, or destroy themselves. The only problem is what are the limits, and how much is enough? :shrug:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
So basically you'd create a heaven and a hell, then turn hell into a kind of reality show for people in heaven?

:popcorn:

No: I would let the people on planet II create their own hell. This way they could do whatever they wanted without imposing on anybody.

As far as letting the people on planet I watch, well everybody likes a good comedy.

To begin with though, both planets would be identical. How each one turns out would be up to the inhabitants (even though I would say the outcome would be pretty easy to predict on both worlds).

Last edited: