• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would you do differently if

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What would you do differently in this life if you knew that every single life form from the first organism on this earth to the last (as well as on other planets) was you? That you would experience and live all of these lives?
I know it that way only. And I would not do anything differently. In practical life, we are different, in truth we are the same. These two are at different levels.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Man i just crave chocolate cake even if i aint hungry. One day i walked 15 minutes to the store got some Edward's chocolate cake and then walked 15 minutes back home. That was the first time i ever walked by myself to the store. And it all was because I wanted some chocolate cake and had been craving it all day

I've just baked a chocolate sponge cake. Maybe post a pic later when it's cooled a little to help your craving

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What would you do differently in this life if you knew that every single life form from the first organism on this earth to the last (as well as on other planets) was you? That you would experience and live all of these lives?

Nothing.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
@RayofLight

For you.

Chocolate sponge with a home made strawberry jam filling...

Enjoy.

20220913_132030.jpg

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I guess that point is that for every allegedly cruel event in nature, I could find an equally non-cruel event.

Cruelty being arbitrary.

If nature only existed on photosynthesis for it's energy. Higher life forms don't so the plant gets consumed for its energy.
We humans at the top of the food chain consume the planet. It is all natural.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I remember my 8 year old reading about carnivorous plants, and seeing the 'cup' flowers that digest the bugs that fall in.

I could see the light bulb go off over his head as he excitedly explained to me that potholes were traps for cars so the roads could digest them.

Creative mind. :)

syo

o_O

What?!?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Haha, I was sitting on my porch when this thought came up to smack me in the face. It's kinda stuck with me since (it's only been a couple days to be fair lol).

It's a great idea to apply to my life though, I think. I mean it makes me realize the importance of making this life as good as possible because you're going to have lives that just flat out suck, as well as the importance of behaving in ways that are considerate of others (because you're doing that to yourself).

Also the peace that comes with the idea that you're experiencing not just the awful lives but even the greatest lives. You experience it all. Well worth it if you ask me.