• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would it take to make you a terrorist/ freedom fighter?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Majikthise said:
And this is where in the problem lies. PCism in it's finest hour.
A terrorist does not care about killing the ones who he is supposedly fighting to free from oppression and certainly does not make the distinction, in any way ,between combatants and innocents. To a terrorist no one is innocent ,and any women or children killed by them will further their goal of ,well, terror!!
I'm sure the French resistance from WW2 would take offence at being lumped in with these whack jobs.
Please explain the difference between this and the term"collateral damage" employed as a spin aid by any invading power

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
My light side:

I am 100% Buddhist here. I could not do anything, no matter how much it tore me up inside, that would result in another being injured or killed. I could never cross that line. Not as a terrorist. Never. Terrorist by definition harm innocent people. Sorry, can't do it.

My dark side:

But then, a what if scenario. Perhaps the unthinkable happened and Canada became an Islamic nation tomorrow. Then, and only then, would I consider the unthinkable. Sorry, I would not stand for it and would happily die fighting it. Fortunately, that is never going to happen.

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
Being a freedom fighter or a terrorist does not have to involve deaths.

It's just that noone listens until you kill people.

A

A. Leaf

I think the day of the terrorist is coming to an end. I think that Intelligence on the life front has prevailed, dialogue and negotiation will be at the fore.
Pure Intelligence is that of God and that of You.
Love the Intelligence of life with all your heart.

M

Majikthise

SnaleSpace said:
Please explain the difference between this and the term"collateral damage" employed as a spin aid by any invading power
I don't know what the term "SPIN AID", is supposed to imply, but it's hard to combat an enemy that doesn't clearly define itself. The civilian that walks by whom you do not give a second thought to might end up being a suicide bomber, be it man ,woman or child and their targets sometimes include members of their own race, nationality or religion that do not follow their clerics ideals to the letter.
But I digress.
We warn the locals when we are going to engage in military actions against strategic targets ,so they can leave if they are capable, which incidentaly gives the real enemy time to prepare.
They slam jets into buildings and plant bombs on subways.

Yes ,I said WE and THEY.
US and THEM.

M

Majikthise

Freelancer7 said:
I think the day of the terrorist is coming to an end. I think that Intelligence on the life front has prevailed, dialogue and negotiation will be at the fore.
Pure Intelligence is that of God and that of You.
Love the Intelligence of life with all your heart.
I hope you are right , but it's highly unlikely.:)

Omer

One life lost is like all mankind; that's what Islam teaches us, and its sad actually that the weak voice of the claimingly "muslim" terrorists are stronger in the media (see Time magazine last issue) than the mainstream that denounce terrorism. Hopefully this changes with the dialogue efforts between muslims christians and buddhists alike.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
painted wolf said:
I'd like to think I'm a freedom fighter every time I go and vote. :cool:
Amen to that! I feel like I am in a battle against the evil forces of Haliburton who are desperately trying to take over America! I will not vote for anyone connected to them and will actively try to persuade my fellow patriots to do the same. Remember the $400.00 toilet seat!

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
nehustan- I think not, I hate modern media and avoid it whenever possible. I do not watch 'sit-coms' or 'reality T.V'... certenly wouldn't waste my time on something like "american idol".

wa:do

Nehustan

painted wolf said:
nehustan- I think not, I hate modern media and avoid it whenever possible. I do not watch 'sit-coms' or 'reality T.V'... certenly wouldn't waste my time on something like "american idol".

It was meant as humour Painted wolf. I would have to know a lot more about you than I do (which is nothing) to have used it as a serious putdown. However as a comment on American society in general, I think it was pretty funny. (Before you bring it up, I know I know, its an British show!!!)

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
s'cool... :D
I should have added a smiley to the above to show I wasn't all that "up in arms".
I have to admit however that I did once call in a vote for "new Diva" on WWE's Raw. :biglaugh: