• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would happen if I took 38 ibuprofen tablets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
What would happen if I took 38 ibuprofen tablets?

What dose? Taking them all at once or one or two every four to six hours? What is your sex, how much do you weigh, how old are you, how tall are you, and what health conditions do you have? When you take the recommended dose of ibuprofen, what happens?

I'll pretend that they're 200mg and you're taking them all at once. That's 7,600 mg. There isn't really a precise amount that is a fatal overdose, but it starts at over 400 mg though- taking over 400 mg at a time for a prolonged period (over a week) takes out your organs one by one. 800 mg is the max dose for the average adult.

Ingestion of medications is the most common failed suicide attempt, most because it doesn't work all that well and takes a while, which leaves time for intervention or for the person who has ingested to change their mind- after experiencing the side effects of an overdose you're probably going to change your mind real quick.

But should you take that much ibuprofen, be prepared for a long period of agony (worst stomachache ever doesn't begin to describe it) and endless vomiting. Should you live, you'll probably develop a mess of new health problems and your organs will be shot. Oh, getting charcoal or carbon forced into you isn't all that pleasant either, or so I've heard. I've just experienced feeding tubes and intubation for surgeries and that sucked.

In short, I wouldn't really recommend taking that much ibuprofen.

why do you ask?

ps
taking that amount could be considered a suaside attempt,
and if you say you are going to try it we are legaly required to inform the police, so this is all hypothetical right?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I think if you took 38 of them at once it could kill you.If it doesnt kill you it could damage your kidneys and liver.

There is absolutely no theraputic reason to take 38 of them in the first place.Even if you are talking about the lowest dose tablets 38 of them would be many times over the maximum you are supposed to take in a 24 hour period safely.

I have a bottle here and they are 200mg tabs and it says to not exceed 6 tablets in 24 hours.So 38 of these at once would be over 6x the max you can take safely.

In fact from what I understand you arent even supposed to take ANY if you have certain medical conditions or you drink alcohol regularly.

I also saw a special recently..and they are working on getting the max amounts recomended for acetomenaphen(brand name tylenol) and Ibuporphen lowered because of concerns of long term damage.

Love

Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.