• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would God want me to do in this situation?

PureX

Veteran Member
Have you thought what you do in daily life is how God would want you to practice ?
Do you sometimes think, "what would God want me to do in this situation " and then you try to do it the way that is said in the religious text you follow?

Do you let the scripture lead you in your life?
Honestly, I never think that.

Viccy

I follow my notion that whatever I truly desire is what God wants me to go towards, and base my actions accordingly.
Truth comes with it, as if you can't speak truly about what you did or what you doing then it's not the action I should be doing.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I am trying too, but sometimes the scripture and my action does not mach :oops:
It means that you are human. Sin is inherent in us and often our actions don’t match what we know we should do. Should we just give up in disappointment? Or realise that we are imperfect and try again next time, asking God to forgive us for disappointing him.

No one is perfect, but we should always keep trying. When we succeed, it’s a great feeling to conquer our humanness and do the right thing.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It means that you are human. Sin is inherent in us and often our actions don’t match what we know we should do. Should we just give up in disappointment? Or realise that we are imperfect and try again next time, asking God to forgive us for disappointing him.

No one is perfect, but we should always keep trying. When we succeed, it’s a great feeling to conquer our humanness and do the right thing.
We should never give up trying to become better :) always strive to become the best version of our self as we can.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you thought what you do in daily life is how God would want you to practice ?
Do you sometimes think, "what would God want me to do in this situation " and then you try to do it the way that is said in the reliigioues text you follow?

No to all three questions.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
We should never give up trying to become better :) always strive to become the best version of our self as we can.

Let us remember however, that the spiritual reason for this, is always to “better ourselves” for others.

He who seeks to better himself for his own sake, is following the Will of Ego, not the Will of God. That is okay of course, so long as one understands, that’s what one is doing.

@Viccy what say you?

Humbly
Hermit

celest

Do you sometimes think, "what would God want me to do in this situation " and then you try to do it the way that is said in the reliigioues text you follow?

No to all your questions Amanaki, life is my Scripture which I try to live to the best of my ability whilst always bearing in mind not to hurt any Sentient beings intentionally.

Gargovic Malkav

Let us remember however, that the spiritual reason for this, is always to “better ourselves” for others.

He who seeks to better himself for his own sake, is following the Will of Ego, not the Will of God. That is okay of course, so long as one understands, that’s what one is doing.

In my experience, it is through my selfishness that I've discovered the benefit of selflessness. Whenever I treat someone else well and curb my self-importance, it makes me feel a lot better than being spiteful and vindictive. Especially in the long run. I'm not sure if I would be capable of being selfless if I couldn't see some sort of personal gain in it. The personal gain I get from it is peace. But this gain may seem pointless to those who desire something other than peace.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Sin is inherent in us and often our actions don’t match what we know we should do
I say "God/Love is covert in us"

Remembering (focus on) Love strengthens Love, weakens Sin (in us)
Remembering(focus on) Sin strengthens Sin, weakens Love (in us)

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Yes... and it is a great thing that God helps us along the way.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Since I am an atheist, I do not think about God / Allah. I decide my action based on my experience in life.
I agree to some suggestions in scriptures and differ with other suggestions. Finally the decision is mine and I take the responsibility for that.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Yes to the first part, but rarely to the second part. My version of Hinduism is primarily intuitive, not scriptural.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

Man oh man, I hope people don't use the bible or the quran to lead them in their daily life!

What I hope is that people use their own innate sense of what's good and bad. My best guess is that good people who refer to scripture have to do mental gymnastics to interpret the scripture in ways that are in keeping with what they already know.

Viccy

@Viccy what say you?

Humbly
Hermit

Well, I think it's 100% fine if you want to be better for yourself provided you utilize at least some percent for the betterment of the others, or you can completely sacrifice yourself for the service of mankind, it's upto you, but wanting to be successful is not bad at all.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)

I don't follow any religious texts but rather try to keep in mind that the light of God shines from behind the eyes of each person.