• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would a reformed Islam look like?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Reliance on scripture is a sure-fire recipe for disaster. Be it Qur'an, Ahadith or Bible.
Please substantiate one's wrong claim about Quran, from context verses , one by one.
One will realize it is an incorrect notion. Please
Spread of Ahmadiyya reformed Islam in most of the countries of the world amply proves it. Please

Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Please substantiate one's wrong claim about Quran, from context verses , one by one.
One will realize it is an incorrect notion. Please
Regards
That is all-out impossible, Paarsurrey.

The Qur'an rejects both atheism, polytheism and homosexuality. Teaches a tribal mentality based on loyalty to those of the tribe at the expense of good will towards "foreigners". Claims to be perfect amd immutable. Teaches submission to a particularly unenlightened god-concept.

Theocracy is never a good iidea. If anything, a Qur'anic theocracy is worse than most.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
That is all-out impossible, Paarsurrey.

The Qur'an rejects both atheism, polytheism and homosexuality. Teaches a tribal mentality based on loyalty to those of the tribe at the expense of good will towards "foreigners". Claims to be perfect amd immutable. Teaches submission to a particularly unenlightened god-concept.

Theocracy is never a good iidea. If anything, a Qur'anic theocracy is worse than most.
"Theocracy is never a good idea"

I agree with one.
Quran does not approve of any theocracy. Where in Quran did one find it? Please
Anybody, please
Regards

ajay0

I have to wonder about that. Ahmadiyya sure has a reputation for being more peaceful than Shia and Sunni, but it is not like those two orthodox sects ever openly embraced violence.

Of course, it is not like they could ever have grown nearly as much had they openly and consciously made such an option for violence. If for no other reason, because other communities would no longer hesitate to oppose their growth.

The Ahmadiyya are certainly somewhat more ecletic in their appreciation of other creeds than the Shia and Sunni, but from what I have seen the perception of their contrast to those orthodox sects is greatly exagerated.

Shia and Sunni are peaceful in communities where they are a very clear minority as well. It remains to be seen how significant the doctrinary differentiation of the Ahmadiyya (who are a minority everywhere, in no small measure because the Muslim countries will not accept their doctrine) would be if they became more of a demographic presence somewhere. I have to admit that I am not optimistic.

Even if the Ahmediyyas are a majority in any muslim nation, their attitude would be the same as one of its central beliefs is the renunciation of the sword in favour of the pen .

The Ahmediya leader Mirza Ghulam Ahmad had sent two disciples to spread his message of scholarship instead of warfare to the Afghan ruler though all of them were executed by the ruler as apostates. Upon this Mirza Ghulam Ahmad stated that Afghanistan will know no peace for the next few centuries. After the executions there were indeed a series of calamities that struck Afghanistan, and it is now as well in a state of extreme unrest and strife.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Even if the Ahmediyyas are a majority in any muslim nation, their attitude would be the same as one of its central beliefs is the renunciation of the sword in favour of the pen .

The Ahmediya leader Mirza Ghulam Ahmad had sent two disciples to spread his message of scholarship instead of warfare to the Afghan ruler though all of them were executed by the ruler as apostates. Upon this Mirza Ghulam Ahmad stated that Afghanistan will know no peace for the next few centuries. After the executions there were indeed a series of calamities that struck Afghanistan, and it is now as well in a state of extreme unrest and strife.
I agree with one.
It was prophesied by Muhammad that when the Messiah (Mirza Ghulam Ahmad) comes he will abolish war/battles, this is because Muhammad did not believe to fighting with sword, fight was forced on him by the Meccan aggressors, he had to fight-back for co-existence.
Regards

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
"There is probably a lesson to be learned there. I would certainly not oppose giving the secular government some credit, but those things tend to be consequences rather than causes"

Every country should be run by a secular government,including Sierra Leon, providing justice to all population equally and equitably. Only then peace would be established in the world.
That suits Ahmadiyya Islam, the reformed Islam or its form in the times of Muhammad.

Regards

Colour me suitably impressed. This is something of a surprise; I had thought you'd only be interested in Islamic governance (especially Ahmadi governance).

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Colour me suitably impressed. This is something of a surprise; I had thought you'd only be interested in Islamic governance (especially Ahmadi governance).
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad and his caliphs have categorically stated that Ahmadiyya is not interested in ruling any country or coming to power in any country. Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What would a reformed Islam look like?
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad and his caliphs have categorically stated that Ahmadiyya is not interested in ruling any country or coming to power in any country. Please
Regards
"Church and state" to be different in every country of the world with least interfering of one with the other.
Regards