• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will you do on Bush's last day?

Smoke

Done here.
What about Nixon?
It's a sad comment on the state of our government that when we talk about our presidents we have to weigh burglary against torture. But yeah, Bush is worse than Nixon, worse than Grant, worse even than Harding.

Zatarra

Dauphin
I won't do anything special. I'm glad to see him go, but I don't intend to do anything to celebrate.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
It's a sad comment on the state of our government that when we talk about our presidents we have to weigh burglary against torture. But yeah, Bush is worse than Nixon, worse than Grant, worse even than Harding.

Sorry Bill, you know I respect you, but I believe this torture is necessary some times. Would you not torture someone if you could avert a nuclear device from being detonated in our country?

In the real world, if we cannot extract information from enemy combatants, they become worthless to us on the battlefield. Instead of capturing them and interrogating them, they will be shot on the spot in the future.

Smoke

Done here.
Sorry Bill, you know I respect you, but I believe this torture is necessary some times. Would you not torture someone if you could avert a nuclear device from being detonated in our country?
You're talking as if torture has been shown to be an effective way of gathering accurate information, which is not the case.

In the real world, if we cannot extract information from enemy combatants, they become worthless to us on the battlefield. Instead of capturing them and interrogating them, they will be shot on the spot in the future.
It's only a good idea to set those kind of rules if you're absolutely sure you can win every battle.

Jeremy Mason

FYI, torture doesn't work.
Pacific Views: Torture To Get Information Doesn't Work

Jeremy Mason

I personality will be celebrating with those who are closest to me.

I will also be making every effort to comprehend Barrack's initiatives.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Im not going to do anything different.Obama is still only a "promise"..Things wont magically change once Bush is gone.I will be paying more attention though..

Love

Dallas

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
You're talking as if torture has been shown to be an effective way of gathering accurate information, which is not the case.

It's only a good idea to set those kind of rules if you're absolutely sure you can win every battle.

I think torturing to "gather information, for defense and security reasons" is just a thin and flimsy pretext to fulfill sick sadistic kinks of vengeance and revenge fantasy. I wouldn't be surprised if those carrying out the procedures were sexually aroused by it.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I think torturing to "gather information, for defense and security reasons" is just a thin and flimsy pretext to fulfill sick sadistic kinks of vengeance and revenge fantasy. I wouldn't be surprised if those carrying out the procedures were sexually aroused by it.

But then again ..some of them may have vomitous and nightmares..

But I agree..I wouldnt be surprised if you found a few "stiffies" in the mix.

Its not a whole lot different than a rapist..IMHO..

Love

Dallas

Draka

Wonder Woman
doppelgänger;1387835 said:
Seems like a fitting way to commemorate Bush's last day would be to get smash drunk, get everyone riled up about the Sendero Luminoso in Peru, and then convince everyone that we need to invade Kazakhstan as retribution. And end the evening by standing out in front of my house while my neighbors hurl their shoes at me.

Perfect plan. I'll bring the beer to help lessen the blows.

If by chance you find a pair of attractive heels in size 8.5, save them for me!

I call dibs on heeled fashion boots size 8.5w!

bell

Girl
I have a get-together planned with friends, where we will eat pizza and garlic bread, drink wine, and toast his absence while welcoming in President Obama. That, and go to class. ;)

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I wish Barrack Obama God's speed in leading this country to better times. If your only hope for success in life is the government swooping down and helping you, don't hold your breath!

Jeremy Mason

I wish Barrack Obama God's speed in leading this country to better times. If your only hope for success in life is the government swooping down and helping you, don't hold your breath!

I agree with you. Government isn't there to live our dreams. It's when government knowingly subverts the possibility of fair handshake, ie the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank and $850,000,000,000+ unaccountable bailout packages, that one should start questioning a governments best interests.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I agree with you. Government isn't there to live our dreams. It's when government knowingly subverts the possibility of fair handshake, ie the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank and $850,000,000,000+ unaccountable bailout packages, that one should start questioning a governments best interests.

That's just it. With the government interfering with private enterprise, all the investors cannot accurately access the risk vs. reward in the stock market. Everyone is virtually sitting on the sidelines till the dust settles. This is slowing a recovery. When the government is changing the rules of the game as we go along, no one wants to play.