• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Will Happen if Republicans Take over Congress?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's entertaining that this matters so much to you.
And beware...."President Trump" might once
again in 2025 be a phrase that even you use.

Rev 18: After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory. And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird! For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.”

Colt

Reducing the complex cultural issues of the US to "entitled spoiled brats" seems to me an emotionally charged oversimplification, especially when it is clearly only aimed at the left.
All neurosis is a consequence of avoiding legitimate suffering. It really is very simple, that which was the foundation of this one time great nation, the spiritual family has been slowly undermined and disintegrating, worm eaten by the secular totalitarian crowd.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
One thing that will not happen is any impeachment of Joe Biden. At least not in 2023 unless his obvious mental decline makes him do something so egregious that his fellow Democrats call for it too. It is far better for the Republicans to let him dangle in the wind like the wounded lame duck he is about to become. He is far more useful for their purposes as a foil and a punching bag.

They will use their power over spending to force a reining in on Biden and the Democrats. That will circumvent the veto power for the most part. I wouldn't be surprised if they forced Biden to accept a re-certification of the Keystone pipeline and expanded oil drilling as part of a spending package. Also they will try to repeal the funding the (misnamed) Inflation Reduction Act gave to the IRS.

There will be many hearings into the DOJ/FBI, the border situation, supply chain problems, etc. Basically all the areas that Biden and the Democrats have demonstrated weakness or ineptitude. The investigations will uncover a host of wrong doings. But the real purpose will be to bludgeon the Democrat brand before 2024. Basically all the rotten things the Democrat Congress have been giving Joe cover for. Also all the partisan investigations the Democrats have been doing are toast.

Personally I would like to see the January 6th Committee continue. But its focus should be entirely realigned. It should turn its focus onto the many failures of Capitol Police and Pelosi's mismanagement. Right after replacing the many partisan members of that committee. It won't happen, but it would be terrific.
I'm guessing from your comments here that you haven't actually watched any of the hearings.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
*Secular totalitarianism....
Totalitarianism can indeed be secular.
Are you claiming that this is the case in Ameristan?
....replaced the exaggerated perception that Christianity was being imposed on people. In the public school I went to bible class was available to kids who wanted it, but I don't have a problem with not having a Bible class in public schools at all. But by the same token we shouldn't have to buy into the current fad of transgenderism or the Godless big-bang theory etc taught as fact.
Believers don't pay much attention when government
imposes their beliefs. Certainly, it doesn't bother them
to have their own beliefs imposed upon them.
But we heathens see a different picture, ie, we disbelieve
in the myths & rituals that they impose upon the unwilling.

That's often the nature of entitlement, ie, they're entirely
unaware of it.
After the Lefts much hoped for defeat in Vietnam, they haven't had much to say about the millions that died as a result! Still chanting "4 dead in Ohio"....
I recall no one wanting our defeat in Vietnam.
We wanted out of it, ie, end the war.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Rev 18: After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory. And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird! For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.”
I don't understand that.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The risks in that post range in probability.
But they're based upon things I read from Pub politicians.
Note that Justice Thomas specifically wanted to re-consider
the rights to gay marriage & contraceptives.

And the Lord (Thomas) sayeth: The Bible (Leviticus) is now the law of the land and woe betide any who sin against it. Mighty is the arm of the Christian Nationalist government which is quick to wrath and swift to punish (we learned from ISIS).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And the Lord (Thomas) sayeth: The Bible (Leviticus) is now the law of the land and woe betide any who sin against it. Mighty is the arm of the Christian Nationalist government which is quick to wrath and swift to punish (we learned from ISIS).
Ahah!
A case of sarchasm.

And before lesser educated posters accuse
me of a spelling error, try googling the word
first (as I spelled it).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
One thing that will not happen is any impeachment of Joe Biden.

So all of those calls for that are just lies.

Personally I would like to see the January 6th Committee continue. But its focus should be entirely realigned. It should turn its focus onto the many failures of Capitol Police and Pelosi's mismanagement.

I see - ignore the criminals and blame the victims. Got it.

pearl

Anyone awaiting a SCOTUS opinion on the releasing of Trump's taxes? Justice Roberts postponed a decision until after the midterms. Assuming a finding will be handed down before the 2024 elections, and the Court finds against Trump, no more worries of him running again.

PureX

Veteran Member
All neurosis is a consequence of avoiding legitimate suffering. It really is very simple, that which was the foundation of this one time great nation, the spiritual family has been slowly undermined and disintegrating, worm eaten by the secular totalitarian crowd.
Ah yes, the old "spiritual family" fantasy. Dad off to work every day selling boxes of sugar and corn flour to children as breakfast cereal, lunch snacks and TV treats, mom living the coveted life of a domestic servant/prostitute, but without pay, the children trained up good and proper to be exactly like mom and dad, because to be different would be a most heinous sin. And all exactly as white protestant Jesus wants it. :)

John D. Brey

Some risks of Republicans gaining more power....
- National ban on abortion.
- National ban on contraception.
- National ban on gay marriage.
- National ban on minors gender transitioning.
- Ending military support for Ukraine.
- Increased Christian theocratic legislation.
- Corruption of the voting process, eg, enabling
state governments to reverse popular votes.
- Enhancing police powers, qualified immunity,
& unqualified immunity.

Fortunately, banning inter-racial marriage won't
happen because that would personally affect
Clarence & Ginny Thomas.

In your opinion, are most of the things you list as a result of Republicans gaining power a return to what Americans once believed normal, or an example of heading in a new direction?

Are MAGA people more like the Founding Fathers, or less like them (than are the progressive left)? Would the Founders have approved of gay marriage, gender transitioning, etc.. In other words, is the anger directed toward Republicans, and specifically MAGA types, anger about how the nation was founded and mostly been, or anger that Republicans and MAGA types are trying to take it in a new direction the founders would have abhorred?

John

Colt

In your opinion, are most of the things you list as a result of Republicans gaining power a return to what Americans once believed normal, or an example of heading in a new direction?

Are MAGA people more like the Founding Fathers, or less like them (than are the progressive left)? Would the Founders have approved of gay marriage, gender transitioning, etc.. In other words, is the anger directed toward Republicans, and specifically MAGA types, anger about how the nation was founded and mostly been, or anger that Republicans and MAGA types are trying to take it in a new direction the founders would have abhorred?

John
The Left hates America as founded, and they trash it constantly now! Their idealism would be something much more in the image of Satan than the image of God! Other than that, they are nice, well-intentioned people. IMOP

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
The Left hates America as founded, and they trash it constantly now! Their idealism would be something much more in the image of Satan than the image of God! Other than that, they are nice, well-intentioned people. IMOP

Are you proud of America as founded? Are you proud of how America was founded?

Shaul

Premium Member
I'm guessing from your comments here that you haven't actually watched any of the hearings.
Back at you. The hearings have turned a blind eye to incompetence by the Capitol police and Nancy Pelosi. But don't worry. The days of Democrat cover ups are dwindling.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

John

Thank the gods that the United States of America isn't what it once was in years past. America has made significant legal strides in freedom, liberty, and justice for all Americans that extend beyond just white Anglo-Saxon Protestant Christian men and women.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

John
The Founding Fathers didn't consider women or black people as actual people so ....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A return to the "good ole days"?
I don't think they consider the views of the founders.