• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Will Happen if Republicans Take over Congress?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Back at you. The hearings have turned a blind eye to incompetence by the Capitol police and Nancy Pelosi. But don't worry. The days of Democrat cover ups are dwindling.
I've watched every single one.
Your comments demonstrate that you have not.

Do you have something better than "I know you are but what am I?"

John D. Brey

The Left hates America as founded, and they trash it constantly now! Their idealism would be something much more in the image of Satan than the image of God! Other than that, they are nice, well-intentioned people. IMOP

Ironically, in my opinion, the left has a case against some, even much, of how America was founded. For me the issue concerns the evils that are necessary to have freedom in Satan's world, i.e., our founding principles, versus what for me is a wrong-headed desire and a belief that the world could be other than it is (irreparably broken) if people quit thinking it's irreparably broken.

I, and I suspect our founding fathers, believe the world is irreparably broken, so that we have to function in some very broken ways just to have freedom and a modicum of prosperity in the devil's world.

Where I agree with the left is when the right, and particularly orthodox Jews and Christian, assume that the evils necessary to live in an acceptable, free, prosperous manner, are not evils at all, but the good that fixes the world rather than merely enduring it. For me conservative principles, say monogamy, suck. But the alternative is worse.

The left seek a more perfect world that I believe can't come about without Christ. I wouldn't fault them for seeking a more perfect world. I would fault them for what I consider a misplaced belief it's achievable without Christ.

Some on the right believe the evils necessary to survive and thrive in this hell-hole (monogamy, the nuclear family, strict gender roles, etc.) are not necessary evils at all, but God's great plan from the get-go. I would fight this erroneous belief hand-in-hand with the left. For me the Church is causing some of the division by its historical preaching that certain necessary evils (some noted above) are "good" even "righteous," rather than necessary in a demon-haunted world.

Ironically, the foregoing implies the left have good intentions but a misunderstanding of the situation, whereas the right turn divine provision for life in a prison into the provisions for righteous living. I believe there's a case that the latter is undeniably less forgivable than the former.

John

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So the Capitol police man that shot and killed an unarmed veteran was the victim, not the woman and her family.
Are you referring to the woman who was climbing through a window the mob (which she was a part of) had broken, trying to climb into the chamber where the senators and reps were hiding from the violent mob?

Shaul

Premium Member
I've watched every single one.
Your comments demonstrate that you have not.

Do you have something better than "I know you are but what am I?"
How about you seem really afraid at the prospect of the Republicans controlling the Congress. But it's coming. And you know in your heart that it will unmask a lot of the garbage that's been done. I hope the Committee continues under Republican control and that you keep watching as so many of the lies and false narratives get deconstructed and exposed. Enjoy the good times to come!

Shaul

Premium Member
Are you referring to the woman who was climbing through a window the mob (which she was a part of) had broken, trying to climb into the chamber where the senators and reps were hiding from the violent mob?
Gasp! A protester got swept along in a crowd. We must shoot her!!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Gasp! A protester got swept along in a crowd. We must shoot her!!
She was not a protester. She was at the forefront. You may not have noticed this, but people swept along are not in front. One has to force oneself there. She was part of an armed mob and the first to break through.

Let's see if you can guess who in an armed.mob would be shot in such a situation.

John D. Brey

Thank the gods that the United States of America isn't what it once was in years past. America has made significant legal strides in freedom, liberty, and justice for all Americans that extend beyond just white Anglo-Saxon Protestant Christian men and women.

Couldn't agree more.

The cogent question is why these strides needed to be made in the first place? Were the founding father's butt heads?

John

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
How about you seem really afraid at the prospect of the Republicans controlling the Congress. But it's coming. And you know in your heart that it will unmask a lot of the garbage that's been done. I hope the Committee continues under Republican control and that you keep watching as so many of the lies and false narratives get deconstructed and exposed. Enjoy the good times to come!
So, have you watched the hearings, or not? It seems not. Weird that you'd talk about them as though you're informed. It's also weird that you're going on about the supposed "garbage" that's supposedly been done while you completely ignore the actual garbage that was done on January 6th and brand the hearings as a witch hunt or whatever. The same hearings you don't seem to have ever watched.

It sounds like you're the one who is afraid here. Afraid to inform yourself.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Rev 18: After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory. And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird! For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.”

The gannet!

Let's see if anyone recognizes the reference. :)

Alien826

No religious beliefs
So the Capitol police man that shot and killed an unarmed veteran was the victim, not the woman and her family.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that she was climbing into a window, the glass of which had just been smashed by a violent group. Personally, I think the invaders should thank the police for their restraint, given that she was the only person that was shot.

Seriously, put yourself in the place of the officer. You're facing violent people that have just smashed a window to gain access to a building you have been ordered to protect. One of them is climbing in. It looks like you are in imminent danger of being physically attacked. You have a gun in your hand. What would you do, say "Welcome to the Capitol, I hope you enjoy your visit"?

Colt

You seem to be ignoring the fact that she was climbing into a window, the glass of which had just been smashed by a violent group. Personally, I think the invaders should thank the police for their restraint, given that she was the only person that was shot.

Seriously, put yourself in the place of the officer. You're facing violent people that have just smashed a window to gain access to a building you have been ordered to protect. One of them is climbing in. It looks like you are in imminent danger of being physically attacked. You have a gun in your hand. What would you do, say "Welcome to the Capitol, I hope you enjoy your visit"?
Hi, (R) here and Trump voter. The Jan 6 crowd trashed our capitol building causing death, destruction injury etc! It was a national disgrace and completely unacceptable! Trump bears responsibility with his refusal to accept an ***-kicking at the poles and planning the Jan 6 rally. He should never be elected again! let's all move on to our normal fighting. :)

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Hi, (R) here and Trump voter. The Jan 6 crowd trashed our capitol building causing death, destruction injury etc! It was a national disgrace and completely unacceptable! Trump bears responsibility with his refusal to accept an ***-kicking at the poles and planning the Jan 6 rally. He should never be elected again! let's all move on to our normal fighting. :)

And if I can add, the death of this woman was an absolute tragedy. She was a veteran, loved by her family, she had no prior criminal record. By all accounts a good person. But she fell into this Trump cult, she was lied to, she was deceived. She was the victim, of brainwashing. And she took violent action based on this brainwashing.

The shooting was justified. And still a tragedy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The gannet!
The Montana merkle is more despised.

Note:
The Montana merkle is a bird that's been hunted
nearly to extinction because it's so disgusting.
Don't confuse it with the soccer player, Montana
Lynn Merkle. What an unfortunate name she has.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The Montana merkle is more despised.

Note:
The Montana merkle is a bird that's been hunted
nearly to extinction because it's so disgusting.
Don't confuse it with the soccer player, Montana
Lynn Merkle. What an unfortunate name she has.
I googled that.