• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was your first post?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Smart people can be stupid. I do not know if stupid people can be smart. They can dress smart.
giphy.gif

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sometimes I can't remember what I might have posted five minutes ago.
I can't always remember whom I'm posting to.
I also notice that people will rail at me for something someone else posted.
Must be a lot of that going around, eh.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But stupid and intelligence is not synonymous. Stupid is, "I do not care". Intelligence is what a person's genes allow. Smart is knowing. So, I agree 100% with Forest. One of my favorite movies, or my most favorite. I can't think of a better one right now. Also, Tom Hanks is great and I guess that he is my brother for Christ, or so I have heard.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But stupid and intelligence is not synonymous. Stupid is, "I do not care". Intelligence is what a person's genes allow. Smart is knowing. So, I agree 100% with Forest. One of my favorite movies, or my most favorite. I can't think of a better one right now. Also, Tom Hanks is great and I guess that he is my brother for Christ, or so I have heard.
I'm glad that Lt Dan finally recovered, & that Forest Jr is smart as a whip.

By now, that shouldn't need to be hidden behind a spoiler alert.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My first post? Probably Post shredded wheat.
I was eating shredded wheat long before PCs were invented.

Misunderstood

My first post was in violation of the rules. I filled in the information to create an account, and was brought to the rules section, and found I was not allowed to post in that area. I replied anyway that I was not allowed to reply which was a violation. Here is what I wrote in my first post:

Hello,

I had signed up to reply to this message, but after signing up and reading the rules it seems I may not be able to comment on this thread. The rules seem extensive and I am not sure I understand completely what they all mean. Anyway I am not a deist and it mentions that certain forums are reserved for certain groups. If that is ok I would like to comment, however if it is not allowed I will move on.

Thank you.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
What was your first post? Was it calling someone an idiot? Was it a thread in which you said that all Jews are a member of a secret, shadowy organization? Or did you just hit on @Revoltingest? (Did you want to know what's under the kilt?) Or maybe your first post is gone, because you did one of the things I mentioned above.:shrug:
So, what was it?

I remember my first post.
That is when I was a Christian and I complained about the fact that all those pesky atheists were so rude.

Ciao

- viole

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
While I don't remember my first post here, I do remember my 1st
post ever on the internet. The History Channel had a show about
how the decline of the Middle Ages was caused by godlessness.
I joined their discussion forum to question this bonehead claim.
Alas, I found much agreement. But that was easy to fix.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't really know, and there's no way of checking to my knowledge.
However, purely from memory, it was around deism, and whether there was an associated set of dogma.

I was very quickly corrupted from there, and ended up trying to instigate a frubal revolution, using a small emoji ninja.
At this point I took a good hard look at myself, figured the general craziness suited me, and I've been here ever since.

Still miss some of the people I met back in those times, and some of the really random threads/sense of humor that were here.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
This might sound incredible, but I actually posted one of the first jokes ever posted on RF. It could actually have been the very first intentionally posted joke, strange as that might sound.

When I joined in 2004, the forum was only a few months old and it was a very different place.

The forum was, of course, about religion -- but it was only about religion. And religion was taken very, very seriously. Grimly even. No one made any jokes about it. People's posts were unremittingly serious. There wasn't even a section for jokes back then.

One day, a month or two after I had joined, someone started a thread that turned into a debate over the morality or immorality of a proposed cable TV channel. That is, some group of investors back then were proposing to start an "all gay" TV channel, and that became the topic of debate.

After dozens of posts by various people, I decided to risk a corny joke. I said something about how the TV channel would destroy the sanctity of my TV viewing. Har Har!

Whether it was actually the very first joke told on RF or not, it was the first I had seen, and it was so novel at the time that two or three of the comments on it were to the effect that "the joke is permissible because it is relevant to the issue".

Those were funny days back then.

I'm bad at finding old posts, but I did see this one I made in my earlier days here. Based on your post here, I guess I might be lucky I wasn't here in the original days. Not sure what the grim-faced original mods would have made of this....

I am being religously persecuted by a schoolgirl on a train platform!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Mine was:

Many (especially South-East) Asian and African Muslims tend to have a version of Islam which is heavily influenced by pre-Islamic beliefs. They are also influenced by countless post-Islamic beliefs too.

Arabian Muslims are the ones who have the most 'traditional' beliefs, although they are doing their best to export their version to the rest of the Muslim world with their $$$ (usually causing significant problems in the developing world). But, the idea that their beliefs are more 'authentic' is not necessarily correct.

The idea of 'traditional' Islam though is a somewhat subjective and highly controversial concept. If by traditional we mean what the earliest Muslims practiced then modern extremists are not traditional. More than that, we don't really know a great deal about the earliest Muslims anyway. From what we know with confidence, we can find Muslims who spent fortunes translating Greek philosophy and supporting science and the arts, and other Muslims who condemned much of this as being (close to) apostasy.

There is no one Islam. Islam has been constantly 'reformed' throughout its history, just as any religion has been. Religions are belief systems that exist in the actions, behaviours and preferences of adherents, they don't have an objective and reified form, just multiple forms that have varying degrees of acceptance and popularity. They reform based on culture, history, politics, economics, etc.

All Islam is reformed in some sense and it will continue be reformed. Whether this reform process will move it towards or away from a "Western secular' mindset only time will tell. Just as whether or not a Western secular midst will reform in a more tolerant or more nationalist direction.

Nobody liked it :pensive:

to make up for this I'm going to resubmit my first post, and replace the above with a gif of a monkey having a wank instead.
PolishedNiceAgouti-size_restricted.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I didn't make it yet. I decided when I joined to start with my last post and go backward.