• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What "the end of days" means to you. Open to Abrahamic faiths.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
The end of days in this post means the end of mankinds rule on this earth.
What does that mean to you? For instance many believe that the earth will be destroyed
and those found to be righteous will be whisked away to heaven to sing praises to God
24/7. ( Sounds like hell to me.)
Wicked and corrupt will be cast into some kind of hell where there is fire and pain
forever and ever with no hope of ever reconciling with God.
Still others believe that the wicked and corrupt, those under influence of satan will be destroyed
by Jesus, the righteous will live on an earth cleansed of sin, in perfect health to serve and
worship God living in harmony on this earth.
There are many more views of course but what is your take?
Back up your views with scripture if you can or want to.
What does "the last days", the "end times" mean to you & your religious convictions?
What will it mean to you AFTER the war between good and evil. What would it be like to live
in a world free of evil influence? Will we still have a tech driven world, the internet, modern
tools, transportaion, etc?
Or will we live in villages and farmettes and grow our own food,stepping back thousands of
years untill we mature and "get it right" next time?
Athiest and non believers are welcome to comment if they desire.
I'm intersted in everyones views and citations are encouraged but not required.
Important to me is your attitude about the end times, the conclusion of this system
of mankinds rules. Do you view the end of this worldy system as a positive or negative
event?

Last edited:

jeager106

Premium Member
Matthew 24:29-31:29 "Immediately after the distress of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.' 30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Matthew 24:36-37:36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Matthew 24:14:And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Matthew 24:21-22:21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. 22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Luke 21:23-24:23 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. 24 They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

There are more but these are ones often referenced by Christian preachers.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Matthew 24:29-31:29 "Immediately after the distress of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.' 30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Matthew 24:36-37:36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Matthew 24:14:And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Matthew 24:21-22:21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. 22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Luke 21:23-24:23 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. 24 They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

There are more but these are ones often referenced by Christian preachers.
It seems that when you said "open to Abrahamic faiths" you meant to add the caveat "within Christiandom".

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
google the signs of last day in Islam (Quran and Hadith)

most of minor signs are already came , we waiting for major's onces .

jeager106

Premium Member
It seems that when you said "open to Abrahamic faiths" you meant to add the caveat "within Christiandom".

Well, I gave that a modicum of thought but I don't know enough about the Jewsih faith.
I thought the Jews were waiting for the Messiah and a "new age to come".
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Frankly I find the notion of the end of this current world system quite satisfying, giving hope that things won't
always be this way.
Perhaps within Christendom would have been best added to the OP.
On the other hand Christendom leaves out J.W. who see themselves apart from Christendom.
J.W. believe they are true Christians and others are false Christians.
I'd love to leave this open to all that have an thought, a hope, an opinion. Athiests can feel free to crap all
over the notion if they like.:eek:
I learn a lot from athiests. (Really I do. Athiest are those of the greatest examples of real faith.):D

Tumah

Veteran Member
Well, I gave that a modicum of thought but I don't know enough about the Jewsih faith.
I thought the Jews were waiting for the Messiah and a "new age to come".
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Well, You didn't say Messianic Age, you specifically said, "end of days" with the suggestion of world destruction. Unless you had some verses about that that were present in the Jewish Bible, there wouldn't be much common ground to speak about.
Frankly I find the notion of the end of this current world system quite satisfying, giving hope that things won't
always be this way.
Perhaps within Christendom would have been best added to the OP.
On the other hand Christendom leaves out J.W. who see themselves apart from Christendom.
J.W. believe they are true Christians and others are false Christians.
I'd love to leave this open to all that have an thought, a hope, an opinion. Athiests can feel free to crap all
over the notion if they like.:eek:
I learn a lot from athiests. (Really I do. Athiest are those of the greatest examples of real faith.):D
Well, whatever JW's think, so long as they follow Jesus' teachings they're going to be categorized as part of Christiandom by everyone else.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Hour of Doom Ezekiel 7:
4For My eye will have no pity on you, nor will I spare you, but I will bring your ways upon you, and your abominations will be among you; then you will know that I am the LORD!' 5"Thus says the Lord GOD, 'A disaster, unique disaster, behold it is coming!6'An end is coming; the end has come! It has awakened against you; behold, it has come!

I understand the end means that people have sowed violence and violence is what they will reap. I don't think it is about God's judgement. I think it means the world needs to learn wisdom, but they won't.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Wisdom Calls Aloud
20Wisdom shouts in the street, She lifts her voice in the square;21At the head of the noisy streets she cries out; At the entrance of the gates in the city she utters her sayings 22"How long, O naive ones, will you love being simple-minded? And scoffers delight themselves in scoffing And fools hate knowledge? 23"Turn to my reproof, Behold, I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you. 24"Because I called and you refused, I stretched out my hand and no one paid attention;25And you neglected all my counsel And did not want my reproof 26I will also laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your dread comes, 27When your dread comes like a storm And your calamity comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you.28"Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently but they will not find me 29Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of the LORD. 30"They would not accept my counsel, They spurned all my reproof. 31"So they shall eat of the fruit of their own way And be satiated with their own devices.32"For the waywardness of the naive will kill them, And the complacency of fools will destroy them. 33"But he who listens to me shall live securely And will be at ease from the dread of evil."

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Generally, it's used to mean the period directly before Christ's return. As a Catholic, we also use it to denote the entire Church Age:

"The last days" or "the end times," properly understood, refers to the time of the New Covenant, the gathering together of God's people in the Church, which is "on earth, the seed and the beginning of the kingdom" (CCC 567, 669; Lumen Gentium) . The Holy Spirit, the "soul of the Church," has been and is being poured out, because of the redemptive work of Jesus Christ:

The Holy Spirit is at work with the Father and the Son from the beginning to the completion of the plan for our salvation. But in these "end times," ushered in by the Son's redeeming Incarnation, the Spirit is revealed and given, recognized and welcomed as a person. Now can this divine plan, accomplished in Christ, the firstborn and head of the new creation, be embodied in mankind by the outpouring of the Spirit: as the Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting (CCC 686).

This understanding of the "last days" differs from that of those who believe in the Rapture. Catholics agree that there will definitely be an "end of time" and that history as we know it will one day be complete. But we also recognize that each of us will face the end of our time on earth, and that this should, in many ways, concern us more than the end of the world (see CCC 1007)."
Are We Living in the Last Days?

jeager106

Premium Member
Tumah: Please add something about the messianic age. How else are some of us to learn?
Your thoughts and comments are most welcome.

Savagewind: Thank you for your contribution.
Now I must to to a wedding reception of people I don't even know.
Perhaps the food will be good?

600 people at a wedding reception. Whew. I yes the food was great.

Saint Frankenstein: Thank you for the contribution to this thread.

A question to all.
Was the book of Revelation a letter from John to the 7 churchs & for those of that time
period or was it written for people today?
Did the readers of that letter reflect " gee, this letter is going to be a great help to
people in the distant future."
That sounds silly to me. A letter written about the Roman governement, in a code, by
a 1st century church leader that applies directly to our lives right now.
Really?
I could use some help digesting that.
Was the letter written for today or for the persecuted then.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tumah: Please add something about the messianic age. How else are some of us to learn?

I hate weddings. I can't wear my pajamas there. The food should be good! I have never heard of a wedding where the food was not at least good if not great.

jeager106

Premium Member
Savagewind: That is a good internet name for you. (that is meant with great respect)
If you don't mind and you certainly do not have to, but could you tell me in what part of the
world you live?
Nothing specific and just curious.
You need answer no questions but only if you want to.
Are you Christian?
You seem to know a great deal about the Christian faith.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Savagewind: That is a good internet name for you. (that is meant with great respect)
If you don't mind and you certainly do not have to, but could you tell me in what part of the
world you live?
Nothing specific and just curious.
You need answer no questions but only if you want to.
Are you Christian?
You seem to know a great deal about the Christian faith.
I live in Northen New England and I love it! I am a believer in Christ Jesus. He is my life, my love and my joy.
I know about The Bible and Faith thanks to the Jehovah's Witnesses. I was one for almost twenty years. Now I am not.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I suppose it is your thread jeager and you have opened the off topic door so here I go through it!

I did not and I would not promote the Jehovah's Witness faith to anyone because it worked well for me. When I was a JW I was not sure of a lot of things so preaching for me was going through the motions. It was BORING and a waste of time imo. It was not all a waste of time. Bible reading is good imo. I learned to recite some Bible verses. The school was good for public speaking which was something I had never learned in school. It is not all bad as some people seem to advertise. If they could just open their door for people to come in AND OUT that might prove righteous. At this time, they do not allow a gracious exit for anyone. If the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses would please evolve into a grown up thing it might be good for the world. Right now I think I must say it is NOT good.

I really hope you have a great time at the wedding and if you drink, don't drive! God bless you!

jeager106

Premium Member
Thank you my dear friend.
I'm not much of a drinker. Being a retired police officer I've seen way to many auto crashes due to drinkers
driving including a number of fatalities.
What a horrible waste of life because someone drank and got behind the wheel of a deadly 1500 pound guided
missle.
I recall one in particular. Probably because the offender lost his license as a result of being convicted of
his 5th D.U.I. and I can't remember how many arrests he had against him for driving under suspension.
He just would not quit driving. One evening he was driving on a crowded roadway near a shopping mall
and apparently at a crazy high speed. He hit a lady driver & her sick disabled husband broadside killing
both outright. He got life in prison for that and rightfully so. Vehicular Homicide had just been enacted into
law the month prior.
I arrested a guy for what you would call hit skip and vehicular homicide that happened 40 miles from
my city. He'd hit a young State Trooper killing him then fled.
I found his blood spattered truck and we called the State Patrol and let them make the collar.
We did that out of respect for the State Troopers. It turned out the young trooper was born in the
city I policed and I knew both his parents.
Sorry for going off topic.
I doubt I will ever get all that horror out of my tortured mind.

Tumah

Veteran Member

600 people at a wedding reception. Whew. I yes the food was great.

Saint Frankenstein: Thank you for the contribution to this thread.

A question to all.
Was the book of Revelation a letter from John to the 7 churchs & for those of that time
period or was it written for people today?
Did the readers of that letter reflect " gee, this letter is going to be a great help to
people in the distant future."
That sounds silly to me. A letter written about the Roman governement, in a code, by
a 1st century church leader that applies directly to our lives right now.
Really?
I could use some help digesting that.
Was the letter written for today or for the persecuted then.
I'm not sure if you realized, but unless you quote someone or put a @ in front of their name (like @jeager106) its not going to alert the other person that you've responded to them. I only saw this because I happen to pass through to see what's new.

Anyways I don't have anything to add that will be relevant to you. That is why I wondered if you had some specific verse that used the phrase "end of days".

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Since you have opened this thread for all Abrahamic faiths, can you provide some verses that speak about the "end of days" that might be relevant to other Abrahamic faiths?
Seriously can't believe you even have to ask that, there are so many references throughout the prophets of the 'day of vengeance', 'the great day of the lord', etc. :rolleyes:
[VERSE]Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.[/VERSE]