• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What "the end of days" means to you. Open to Abrahamic faiths.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The ones wanting you to be led by them tell you that to be submissive means to be led by them. But what it really means is do not fight them. A child of God is peaceable and does not look to depose any person and does not expose people as frauds for the sake of exposure.

Matthew 15:14

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The opposite of submit is resist. To submit means do not resist. IT DOES NOT MEAN OBEY. How can it? Did Jesus say a person CAN NOT obey two masters?
Did he? Or maybe because he mentioned mammon he didn't actually mean anything else.

Matthew 5:39
Matthew 5:40
Luke 6:30
1 Corinthians 6:7

These are scriptures about submission but there is nothing about obedience to anyone except to God.

So far the JWs have only proved anyone wrong by their admitting they are right and we differ. Why not tell me exactly why I am wrong?

Matthew 6:24 "to serve"
Strong's Concordance
douleuó: to be a slave, to serve
Original Word: δουλεύω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: douleuó
Phonetic Spelling: (dool-yoo'-o)
Short Definition: I am a slave, am subject to, obey
Definition: I am a slave, am subject to, obey, am devoted. http://biblehub.com/greek/1398.htm

Hebrews 13:17 "to obey"
Strong's Concordance
peithó: to persuade, to have confidence
Original Word: πείθω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: peithó
Phonetic Spelling: (pi'-tho)
Short Definition: I persuade, urge
Definition: I persuade, urge. http://biblehub.com/greek/3982.htm

The Bible teachers that we know teach Hebrews 13:17 as though the word should be "serve". (this one; δουλεύω) Are you able to see that it isn't?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is another proof God never says to obey (serve) anyone but God. Jesus says that he who wishes to be greatest must become least. Please explain how the least one is to be obeyed to follow? Also, explain how doing good to the least of Christ's brothers means to obey (serve) him.
Should I serve the least one? Or should I serve God?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@12jtartar
Do you see that I am asking you a question?
JWs say that Jesus never comes again in the flesh. They say that he is "with" a person in spirit only now.
So what they mean is he isn't actually with a person but he is for a person.

What other way is there? When he comes again like they say he will, how will he be here? Not in the flesh. Not in the spirit. HOW?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Dunno man. The description of the end of days in my beliefs is hell on earth. Not just when the end of days comes, also with the big signs that it is getting close. Gog and Magog, the Cyclopes, the sun rising from it's sitting direction... are big signs that the end of days is at the doors. Gog & Magog and the Cyclopes are the worst of them all. It is said that they will take over the whole world spreading chaos, horror and tyranny...

Man, can't talk about it. Just thinking about it scares me.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why? Why does God say that a person should submit himself to another person wanting to take the lead? Psalms 75:7 1 Samuel 2:7-8 Daniel 2:21
So a person's submission is not literally to another person (like you teach it) @12jtartar . It is to GOD.

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

Gog & Magog and the Cyclopes are the worst of them all. It is said that they will take over the whole world spreading chaos, horror and tyranny...
Will they even go to Canada?? ;)
Seriously, though .. when they take over USA, they've not far to go..

If people think that the Muslims are bad, they're in for a big shock!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I guess the lesson is that to listen to men is wiser than to listen to God's son and the more people who stick to it the faster the end will come. Of course! They need the end to come so they can get what God (the God they are not listening to) promises them. Haha When something gets so stupid it gets funny.

Matthew 5:41

The writer forgot to add, "but not the people who can bring you down".

Matthew 7:24-27

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Jehovah's Witnesses taught me that Jesus comes again as their servant. First to rid the world of all their opposers and then to make the Earth a paradise for them.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Dunno man. The description of the end of days in my beliefs is hell on earth. Not just when the end of days comes, also with the big signs that it is getting close. Gog and Magog, the Cyclopes, the sun rising from it's sitting direction... are big signs that the end of days is at the doors. Gog & Magog and the Cyclopes are the worst of them all. It is said that they will take over the whole world spreading chaos, horror and tyranny...
Man, can't talk about it. Just thinking about it scares me.

BIG sign that the 'end of days' ( of badness on earth ) is getting close is in Christian Scripture at 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 when ' they ' ( powers that be ) are saying. " Peace and Security..." as a precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14

As the end came hard and swift in Noah's day, and the end came hard and swift for Sodom and Gomorrah, then the coming end of badness on earth will also come hard and swift.

Ezekiel talks of Gog 'of ' Magog - Ezekiel 38:2; Ezekiel 38:10-12; Ezekiel 38:13-15 - and Gog ends up buried - Ezekiel 39:11

Gog 'of' Magog, a coalition of nations, wanting to destroy God's people will end up destroyed - Revelation 16:14-16
The attack of Gog 'and' Magog comes later at the end of Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over earth - Revelation 20:8-9
Gog 'and' Magog, rebels at that time, will encircle righteous mankind with murderous intentions, but fire from heaven destroys Gog 'and' Magog.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Will they even go to Canada?? ;)
Seriously, though .. when they take over USA, they've not far to go..
If people think that the Muslims are bad, they're in for a big shock!

When God's people are dwelling in security - Ezekiel 38:14-16 - the political will try to come up against God's people.
Then, there will even be fratricide - Ezekiel 38:21-23 - Not among God's people but in nations against God's people.

12jtartar

Premium Member
uravip2me,
I have seen the Scripture at 1Thessalonians 5:2, where it says; when they are saying peace and security, then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them. From study and reason, how could I stand destruction be on the enemies of God, when the great tribulation and Armageddon must follow their saying, Peace and Security. Also, why would the ten kings and the United Nations attack anyone, if they are saying, Peace an Security???
Would it not be more likely that they would be saying, Peace and Security, after Babylon the Great is destroyed??? Then they would have reason to say, Peace and Security, and then, also, sudden destruction WOULD then, be instantly upon them, Armageddon!!!
I am always searching for truth, and I take no man's word for truth, or for salvation, Jeremiah 17:5, Psalms 146:3,4.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
uravip2me,
I have seen the Scripture at 1Thessalonians 5:2, where it says; when they are saying peace and security, then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them. From study and reason, how could I stand destruction be on the enemies of God, when the great tribulation and Armageddon must follow their saying, Peace and Security. Also, why would the ten kings and the United Nations attack anyone, if they are saying, Peace an Security???
Would it not be more likely that they would be saying, Peace and Security, after Babylon the Great is destroyed??? Then they would have reason to say, Peace and Security, and then, also, sudden destruction WOULD then, be instantly upon them, Armageddon!!!
I am always searching for truth, and I take no man's word for truth, or for salvation, Jeremiah 17:5, Psalms 146:3,4.

Matthew 25:31-33 talks of the coming ' time of separation ' on earth.
Before Armageddon ( war to end all wars ) world leaders ( can be both political and religious ) will say Peace and Security - Jeremiah 6:14; Jeremiah 23:16-17
So, unlike mankind in general we can discern the significance of current events - Luke 21:11
So, in the 'first phase' - 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 is in the word ' then ' then sudden destruction for Babylon the Great.
So, first is the saying of Peace and Security before the ' then ' attack on religion - starting with Christendom - House cleaning starts with the House of God - 1 Peter 4:17
That attack is the start of the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14; 2 Thessalonians 2:8
The UN ( the 8th king - Revelation 17:11 ) seeing a bad economy and the wealth the churches have amassed can easily plunder Babylon the Great's wealth.
So, now we are at the ' final phase ' of Matthew 24:14, and near near the ' final signal ' of 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 before the powers-that-be will turn on the world's religious groups.
That will trigger the great tribulation which will escalate into Armageddon followed by the abyssing of Satan for a thousand years while we enjoy peace in abundance - Psalms 37:10-11
As the ' end ' came hard and swift in Noah's day, and hard and swift for Sodom and Gomorrah, that pattern shows a hard and swift end to all badness on earth - Psalms 92:7

12jtartar

Premium Member
URAVIP2ME,
You seem to be listening to what men say, and not what the Bible says.
Consider! Jesus comes to earth AFTER the destruction of Babylon the Great, Matthew 24:29. What is described here is accepted by most scholars. Now think, when Jesus comes to earth, the ransom sacrifice he made will be in force, Christians will cease to die, so Jesus cannot come until after Babylon the Great is destroyed. Shortly after the Great Harlot is destroyed, the United Nations will realize that God's true Christians have not been stopped. They will then make an all out attack on God's people, THEN sudden destruction will come on them. This cannot be before people are saying; peace and security, because Jesus does not come until after the destruction of Babylon the Great, and at the time of their being suddenly destroyed, is after Jesus has come, he is the one who destroys them, when they fight against him, Armageddon!!!
Reason should tell us that the UN will have an excuse to attack false religion is because most of the trouble in the world is because of religious organizations. They will say that they are going to cause peace and security. If there is already peace and security, what would be the reason to attack Babylon the Great, because in reality, most people, even in the UN belong to a religion.
Remember the attack is Jehovah's Day, 1Thessalonians 5:2. Daniel tells us that during the destruction of Babylon the Great, at least some of the Anointed will be killed, Daniel 8:23-25. No Anointed one will die after Jesus comes, all anointed are raised to heaven just AFTER Babylon the Great is destroyed, Matthew 24:30,31.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
The "last days" correspond to each person, and his/her age, as well as each generation, and its age(s). The kingdom of Heaven is at hand-- and it has been at hand since Adam's creation.

arthra

Baha'i
Do you view the end of this worldy system as a positive or negative
event?

Generally among Baha'is I think we see the current "system" as defective and that a new system that is built on a model of world perspectives is sorely needed... We already have the beginnings of such a system in the perspectives offered in the United Nations... I would also encourage those interested to support Earth Day activities coming up on April 22nd.

roger1440

I do stuff
Since you have opened this thread for all Abrahamic faiths, can you provide some verses that speak about the "end of days" that might be relevant to other Abrahamic faiths?
The Essenes are the first group that comes to mind. They were preparing for the "end of days". Take a look at the "War Scroll". Jesus and/or the Gospel writers may have been influenced by the Essenes.

12jtartar

Premium Member
Tumah: Please add something about the messianic age. How else are some of us to learn?
Your thoughts and comments are most welcome.

Savagewind: Thank you for your contribution.
Now I must to to a wedding reception of people I don't even know.
Perhaps the food will be good?

600 people at a wedding reception. Whew. I yes the food was great.

Saint Frankenstein: Thank you for the contribution to this thread.

A question to all.
Was the book of Revelation a letter from John to the 7 churchs & for those of that time
period or was it written for people today?
Did the readers of that letter reflect " gee, this letter is going to be a great help to
people in the distant future."
That sounds silly to me. A letter written about the Roman governement, in a code, by
a 1st century church leader that applies directly to our lives right now.
Really?
I could use some help digesting that.
Was the letter written for today or for the persecuted then.

jeager106,
In the Holy Scriptures the word seven, means a completeness, so the seven congregations actually means all the true congregations on earth!! Because the Bible is for all people, the seven churches stand for the churches in the world at any time.
The book of Revelation has information, that especially is for the Last Days. The Chapters of Revelation speak about different things that would happen in the end times, the study of which is called Eschatology. Several of the chapters speak about the same time period, but about different thing that would be happening during that period.
Of particular importance are the references to the Beasts of Revelation, which very few have the correct understanding.
Very important to all of us is the understanding of what the Great Harlot, that is riding on the seven headed, ten horned, scarlet colored wild beast of Chapter 17, which time period is exclusively for our time.
If you want to understand ant particular beast, I will be glad to explain it to you, but I haven't time to explain ALL of them here, and now.

pearl

The Hour of Doom Ezekiel 7:
4For My eye will have no pity on you, nor will I spare you, but I will bring your ways upon you, and your abominations will be among you; then you will know that I am the LORD!' 5"Thus says the Lord GOD, 'A disaster, unique disaster, behold it is coming!6'An end is coming; the end has come! It has awakened against you; behold, it has come!

I understand the end means that people have sowed violence and violence is what they will reap. I don't think it is about God's judgement. I think it means the world needs to learn wisdom, but they won't.

But God promise those bones he would enable them by his Spirit to live again. God is greater than death. Personally, I think the 'end' is not destruction, but transformation.