• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What skill/trait do you think you most inherited from one of your ancestors and why?

Kl70

What serious or humorous skill and/or trait do you think you most inherited from one of your ancestors and why?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What serious or humorous skill and/or trait do you think you most inherited from one of your ancestors and why?

Premature balding. My maternal grandfather was bald. While I have a large bald "spot" on the top of my head, and have had (a smaller version of it) since my late 30s, by brother, who has little more than a horseshoe of hair around his head, has been bald since his mid-20s.

Also, I find I carry rather obsessive traits, which manifests as an addictive personality. I observed these traits in my mother and my maternal grandfather.

Jumi

To begin with... physically I'm almost like a 3d print copy mixed of my two grandfathers...

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
High rates of cancer, heart disease, and depression. At least I have nice hair.

Jedster

Being a Levite(the same tribe as Moses), I always take the long route without realising it.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

From my mother's side I inherited patience, and an intellectually inquisitive nature. My father's, blessed and/or cursed, me with the fire of the Irish, and possibly a high rate of heart disease, like the rest of my father's family males I began heart symptoms in my fifties, but I have dealt with it with diet, healthy life style, Arts of the Way (Martial Arts) and exercise, and selective use of herbs and supplements. My mother's side of the family had zero heart issues.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My ancestors were defiant against Rome and later the Church, fought against them, and even won while they could.
This manifests today as disliking of authority and itch to not cooperate with it. It also gives me hair that has always gotten me compliments from men and women.
And maybe rosacea, but that remains to be determined entirely (my face just started at times for no apparent reason turning red). I also sun burn, terribly so as a child, to the point of illness a couple times.
High rates of cancer, heart disease
I've wondered if those are things I've inherited or not. My dad's family has a high rate of such things, but is there an expectation of anything else for a family that drinks and smokes heavily, abuses drugs, is mostly obese, and has terribly unhealthy diets. Diabetes and high cholesterol also run rampant, but my numbers have never been outside of the norm (save for that time I neglected to eat while larping and my blood glucose stooped down to 60, causing me to black out and have a seizure) as for as those problems goes (and I quit heavy and abusing alcohol before it decreased my kidney's filtration functioning).

Last edited:

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
I've wondered if those are things I've inherited or not. My dad's family has a high rate of incident of such things, but is there an expectation of anything else for a family that drinks and smokes heavily, abuses drugs, is mostly obese, and has terribly unhealthy diets? Diabetes and high cholesterol also run rampant, but my numbers have never been in any danger of showing I have those problems.
From my limited understanding, it's mostly just risk factors. Sometimes it isn't passed onto you at all even if it is common in your family. Other times the risk can be lowered by just living a healthier lifestyle. So far I have no signs of cancer or heart disease, but it's better to be safe and keep watching out for it. My mom didn't think she'd get breast cancer, but it showed up eventually later in life. It's a good thing she was being careful and caught it early.

I'm not a doctor though. I just do art stuff. Ask someone who studies this stuff.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
From my French side comes my love of debate (although I hate nasty arguments), and from my Swedish side comes my love of short quips using a play on words. My love of love itself comes from my wife and an old girlfriend, both beautiful Italians on the inside and the outside.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
From my French side comes my love of debate
Lol, you think you got a love of debate from French. Y'all didn't love them enough to invent the Guinness Book of World Records to settle them. :p
Reminds me of this saying I heard once: God invented stubbornness so the Irish would be good at something. And did I get plenty of that. xD

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
God invented stubbornness so the Irish would be good at something. And did I get plenty of that. xD
Compared to da French, da Irish are mere novices. The main difference is that you Irish:tonguewink: are fighters but us French:sparklingheart: are lovers. :p

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Lover for study and history. It started with my grandfather, who was historian and Sanskrit scholar. He was my role-model, and that of my father too.

Flame

Beware
Being able balance a spoon on my nose; apparently both my grandfather and great-grandfather from my mothers side of the family were also great at that.