• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What should i choose between these religions

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

DawudTalut yes i know about Ahmadiyya i read much about it the only thing is i feel it is really ethnically homogenous

Peace be on you.
Any religions begins at a certain geographical location. From there adherents take it to world. In the early decades and centuries, we see majority from that specific area and it grows.
For example, early Islam came in Arabs, thus for some times, most followers were Arabs only, then various nations joined.

Ahmadiyya Muslims began in 1889 in India with first head office. In 1947, Khilafat head office came to Pakistan. They continue to spread worldwide despite persecutions. Now they are in more 290 countries officially by the grace of Allah the Exalted.

Please check majority of Ahmadiyya Muslims in e.g. Malaysia, Indonesia, Africa,are local people. Many followers left Pakistan after persecutions in 1974 and in 1984 to till now. That is why you see many of them where you saw them.

=Reading alone is not enough, one has to:
=Pray directly to Allah [Who knows all truths] about the reality of a claim presented by Founder of Ahmadiyya Jama'at. It is not light claim that a person said Allah spoke with him that he is the Promised Servant of Holy Prophet (sa) for peaceful revival of Islam in this era.
=Meet and talk to scholars of that sect.
=There is Office for New Bayah-doers (newly joined followers) Comers [viz Section for Nau-Mubayeeen] in each local chapter worldwide Jama'at Ahmadiyya. Did you met them? Did you write to Holy Khalifah (a.t.). Did you make contact with any Canada's Ahmadiyya Incharge of any level or Imam of your area?
https://www.alislam.org/contactus/

Good wishes.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
You don't have to be born Hindu to be Hindu. You can believe in God and be Buddhist, although the religion doesn't place importance in a god. It mostly stresses how to treat your fellow man. I didn't know you couldn't shave those places as a Sikh. Hm.

Treks

Hello ! i am very confused about religion nowdays. I am a Romanian of 19 years old and i live in Canada . I was born protestant but later in my life converted to Shia Islam. I studied every religion but i cant seem to decide. I left Shia Islam because even though i had deep respect and love for Ali,Hussein and Muhammad it just wasnt for me i guess the whole always crying and beating your chest thing. Since i am 15 i am in a very deep depression and i want to find true peace. i Know that spirituality and religion can help me achieve that with other means too of course. Now i hesitate between these religions

<snip>

Sikhism: One of the best religions and the best teachings only problem i have is that you cant shave your armpit and pubic hair as a sikh and i have hair in horror especially in those parts

So i would like a response from maybe represantatives of each of those faiths if possible or maybe converts telling me how these religions made them find peace
Thank you all :)

Hello :)

As a former Sikh I can tell you you're right, if you follow Sikhi all the way, you can't remove any of your hair at all. If you follow Sikhi in a mainstream, non-initiated way, they you can do what you want with your hairs.

I agree with an earlier poster; you do seem to be limiting yourself quite a bit. What about religions closer to home / more familiar to your own culture?

Best wishes

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Hello ! i am very confused about religion nowdays. I am a Romanian of 19 years old and i live in Canada . I was born protestant but later in my life converted to Shia Islam. I studied every religion but i cant seem to decide. I left Shia Islam because even though i had deep respect and love for Ali,Hussein and Muhammad it just wasnt for me i guess the whole always crying and beating your chest thing. Since i am 15 i am in a very deep depression and i want to find true peace. i Know that spirituality and religion can help me achieve that with other means too of course. Now i hesitate between these religions

-Ahmadiyya Muslims : they are a great community i think they interpret Islam the right way but they are mostly only pakistanis (not that i dont like pakistanis) but if really this is the true interpretation there should be arabs white black etc plus they believe that there will be other Prophets in 7000 thousands years or something like that (not too sure about that one)

-Shivaism: This is the one i find the most interesting . I think Lord Shiva is really a great God and i see him as Allah, God,Jesus etc. I would like to worship him but do you have to be born hindu to do that ? how do you worship him ?. Can i worship in a Monotheistic-Monistic perspective ? (Shiva is the only God and all Gods are in him) ?

-Buddhism: It is a very interessing religion also as Hinduism. the only thing missing is a God ( sorry i am like that )

-Catholicism: I also like this very much i find a strong feeling of attachement to the Virgin Mary and i like making the cross and the whole liturgy and thing like that. But it seem catholics have became so modernized that they lost all this mystic thing. plus i rarely see practicing catholics

Sikhism: One of the best religions and the best teachings only problem i have is that you cant shave your armpit and pubic hair as a sikh and i have hair in horror especially in those parts

So i would like a response from maybe represantatives of each of those faiths if possible or maybe converts telling me how these religions made them find peace

You think YOU are confused??????
I've been hobby studying religion with an emphasis on Christianity for over
3 decades and am more confused now than ever.
No wonder so many people are atheists. It's simply easier (lazier?) to believe
in nothing than to study religion and seek the truth.
"What is truth?"
What you believe it is.
Religion, faith, does not hold up to scientific analysis of "truth".
Faith. That which cannot be proven nor disproved.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
YmirGF i understand your point of view the only thing is that i feel the need to have like a community and like minded people. but just curious why isnt Islam good according to you?
Sorry for not seeing your post before now.
Pro Tip: If you want to make sure a poster sees your post immediately place a @ directly in front of their username, like so, @Romanianseekingtruth .. (See?)

You ask a good question. To be fair, Islam, like any other "off the shelf" religion can be helpful and rewarding to the individual, especially if that individual needs a very strong structure or guidelines, or framework. In that respect Islam is very clear on what is permitted and what is not. The downside to Islam, and I know many Muslims would vigorously disagree, is that I see a tendency towards fanaticism. Likewise, I've also noticed, on many occasions, from my innumerable conversations with Muslims, that their religious beliefs seems to directly affect their capacity for critical thinking. That, and the inherent and often encouraged fanatical belief is not a particularly healthy combination. Caveat emptor!

Pavank

-Ahmadiyya Muslims : they are a great community i think they interpret Islam the right way but they are mostly only pakistanis (not that i dont like pakistanis) but if really this is the true interpretation there should be arabs white black etc plus they believe that there will be other Prophets in 7000 thousands years or something like that (not too sure about that one)

-Shivaism: This is the one i find the most interesting . I think Lord Shiva is really a great God and i see him as Allah, God,Jesus etc. I would like to worship him but do you have to be born hindu to do that ? how do you worship him ?. Can i worship in a Monotheistic-Monistic perspective ? (Shiva is the only God and all Gods are in him) ?

-Buddhism: It is a very interessing religion also as Hinduism. the only thing missing is a God ( sorry i am like that )

-Catholicism: I also like this very much i find a strong feeling of attachement to the Virgin Mary and i like making the cross and the whole liturgy and thing like that. But it seem catholics have became so modernized that they lost all this mystic thing. plus i rarely see practicing catholics

Better go, where you have the strongest feeling. The 'feeling' takes you to the Divine.