• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What one thing should non-believers know about your religion?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Cherry picking is actually very advisable. You are able to not eat the poisonous stuff or the stuff that is past due it´s ripping time. Likewise, some beliefs have just become ripe, and we can now eat them too!

It´s good to take the best from every garden :drool:

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
There's a few that really bugs me, and Magog has pointed out one of them already. I guess another one would be that, just because Buddhists believe that life is dukkha (suffering, unsatisfactory), that doesn't make us pessimistic nihilists. Another one would be, just because Buddhism is a religion, doesn't mean we worship a god or gods. We're, practically, atheists, although non-theistic would be a better term. The Buddha was not a god, a prophet of a god, or semi-divine.

I would like to make clear that I don't think that nihilists are pessimists, to most nihilists, the idea is liberating. I do realize that there is a difference between pessimism and nihilism, and the two can sometimes be mutually exclusive.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's vast, a polar opposite to Abrahamism, and grossly misunderstood. Sorry, that''s 3. Maybe I should start a thread.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Not all followers of the Left-Hand Path are angsty teenagers who dress in black and burn Bibles. Some you wouldn't even notice on the street, let alone hear them start a conversation about their religion.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I am not pessimistic, nor am I Emo, I literally am just looking at reality in its dull, realistic, and objective form, with no emotions or adjectives to describe reality.

hindupridemn

Defender of the Truth
that Hinduism is polytheistic and sanctions abuses of the caste system

that all Jains are masochistic ascetics

that Baha'is try to convert people against their will

that Mormons try to convert people against their will

All of us deal with others' misconceptions in all sorts of ways. If you had to correct one misconception about your religion/faith/belief system/philosophy, what's the one thing about your beliefs that you would want other people to know?

What is religion and belief? I don't want the non believer to believe that my belief is not a belief. Then, he will have no differences. It seems, it is not unnatural for any belief, for anyone, and if there is, then the person who disbelieves, in anything, cannot perhaps consider that he or she can believe. The idea of disbelief in religion is that the disbeliever does not believe in anything, that is why he has issues with religion. He doesn't care about telling people he disbelieves anything else, because religion is either easy or difficult for him to tell others he disbelieves, generally. A person who believes in science, doesn't care about disbelieving religion. But the disbeliever does believe that he disbelieves, which is the most important belief. We, as humans are happy with what we are, and we don't want to change. We don't change, and we want to feel, that we are not changing. How? We see ourselves as not, by deliberation. If a person who disbelieves remains so, he is in a precarious situation, in the scenario.

Klerkie

Daoism is not the American/European interpretation of itself. It is not entirely passive. It's not the same thing as Buddhism, nor Confucianism. It does not promote anarchy. Research before you perceive, and learn that Wikipedia is not a very reliable source although it can be helpful.