• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Mythology...

Line Noise

non practicing abs master
I have more of a comparative interests relating to themes within folklore, and its influence on popular culture (of the times) and how it relates to the modern perspective. Which could go from animals such as foxes or snakes to gender roles, relationships, morality, etc. And I suppose I tend to be drawn to themes involving shapeshifters as to relationships, expressions or at least explorations of sexuality, gender and roles.

xkatz

While I am not exactly a pagan. I would say I like Greco-Roman mythology the most. Even though Egyptian mythology is just as cool :cool:

Volhv

Slavic mythology, because it's my native mythology.
Other then that, I also make use of:
*Near Eastern mythology (including the Israelite mythology, i.e. the Bible)
*Kemetic mythology
*Greco-Roman mythology
*Eastern mythology (such as the Hindu mythology)
I don't know that much about native American mythology, though.

Last edited:

Volhv

Egyptian Mythology is the only one of interest to me. I live for the Gods and Goddesses within.

If you have no interest in any other mythology, other then the Kemetic one, then how come you describe yourself as "Wiccan"? Don't you know that Wicca is based mostly on Celtic mythology?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
If you have no interest in any other mythology, other then the Kemetic one, then how come you describe yourself as "Wiccan"? Don't you know that Wicca is based mostly on Celtic mythology?
Problem is that "Wicca" has become a blanket term for anything that is not of the Big Three.

Mr Cheese

Problem is that "Wicca" has become a blanket term for anything that is not of the Big Three.

by the uniformed sure

Wicca is actually a British religion....

thus its holy bibles are texts such as the Mabinogion...

:p but I didnt say that...I'll get lynched

the real problem of course is that modern paganism has become just another business

Mr Cheese

What Mythology are you most interested in or know the most about?

I'm interested in mainly Egyptian, Greek and Nordic mythology. I'm more knowledgeable about Egyptian Mythology. Ever since I've been a little kid Egyptian culture and myth has been my favourite and it still is.

I have learned smatterings of:

British, arthurian mainly.... since I grew up amongst it!

Viking as a child, norse...

greek is interesting

egyptian too

croak

Trickster
I'm interested in pre-civilization mythologies in particular, from pretty much everywhere. :) However, I've been trying to find such mythologies in the Middle East, which is pretty darn hard. XD

Abulafia

What?
Greek...most definitely....
Egyptian...kind of....
Celtic...ages 9-12....
Midamerican...e.g. Aztec, Mayan...

MissAlice

What Mythology are you most interested in or know the most about?

I'm interested in mainly Egyptian, Greek and Nordic mythology. I'm more knowledgeable about Egyptian Mythology. Ever since I've been a little kid Egyptian culture and myth has been my favourite and it still is.

Seconded.

And both Celtic and Greek mythology.

Whoopsie looks like I already answered in this thread. But to add on recently I'm into both Roman and Eastern Europe mythology.

Last edited: