• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Mythology...

ChickenProphet

Ormhäxan
What Mythology are you most interested in or know the most about?

I'm interested in mainly Egyptian, Greek and Nordic mythology. I'm more knowledgeable about Egyptian Mythology. Ever since I've been a little kid Egyptian culture and myth has been my favourite and it still is.

gnomon

I'm interested in many mythologies. Celtic, Greek and Nordic being the most prominent at the time. If anyone has an opinion on Grimm's works on Germanic mythology let me know because the collection of his mythology is a bit expensive.

Though, my knowledge is rather limited. I need to spend more time reading rather than...engaging in debates on this forum.:p

anders

I'm interested in OT mythology and have applied for Bible Hebrew next semester. But I'm even more into south and east Asian myths/religions/philosophies, and will go on digging into for example Sikhism.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Druidic is a mythology? I always thought that the Druids were part of the Celtic society.

I am mainly interested in Japanese, Etruscan, Celtic and Greek mythologies.

gnostic

The Lost One
My interests are Greek, Roman, Norse and Celtic. I have my own website on these myths, called Timeless Myths.

I am learning more about Sumerian-Babylonian myths and Egyptian myths. I have started writing up on new site, on these myths, but I have not posted it up, due to returning to studies/training, which takes up a lot of my time. :(

ChickenProphet

Ormhäxan
My interests are Greek, Roman, Norse and Celtic. I have my own website on these myths, called Timeless Myths.

I am learning more about Sumerian-Babylonian myths and Egyptian myths. I have started writing up on new site, on these myths, but I have not posted it up, due to returning to studies/training, which takes up a lot of my time. :(

I quickly browsed through your site, looks good ^_^
Good luck on your studying and training :)

morning-star said:
personally I like Egyptian, Celtic, Norse and would you count demon mythology?

Demon mythology, I guess so. I don't know much about it *shrug*

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Read something about all Eurasian mythologies, find native American, African, and Australian mythologies interesting. But then we have a wealth of living mythologies, Aryan and Indigenous, both, in India. That is what keeps me transfixed, particularly the interaction between the two.

ayani

Egyptian and Mayan / Aztec are definately my favorites.

i've always loved Quetzalcoatl as a diety, as well as Hathor. :)

bflydad

Right now I'm focused on Germanic/Norse but I am hoping to expand into Celtic and posibly Native American.

MissAlice

Although I'm fascinated by many mythologies. I've always had deep fascination with egyptian and Greek mythology.

MSizer

MSizer
I personally find learning about mythology a complete waste of time. However, I was chatting yesterday by email with Todd Murphy, (neuroscientist specializing in spiritual experiences) and he pointed out that mythology has played an important role in conveying wisdom from generation to generation throghout history. So, as much as I dislike it, I have to admit that mythology has it's merit in human culture.