• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Jehovah's Witnesses got right.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have been corrected. A picture of bears charging has come to me. Bears are big and boys might be small. Two charging bears might have rendered more than two boys incapacitated. How many? It depends on how close-knit they were. Let's say for the benefit of tradition that they were as close together as bodies can get. If the bears surprised them suddenly when the bears hit the crowd the boys might have still been together but not so close together as though they were tied to each other. In other words, as the bears appeared the boys were still close together which means no one saw the bears coming. Beacause if they had most would have started running.* Imagining they were big bears how many children might they have knocked down? Ten? I think the most that could have fallen is ten children per bear. That makes twenty boys fallen. Assuming after falling none of them could get up before being torn apart twenty boys got torn. That is leass than half the group. Some of the other boys might have stayed to watch and they got caught. The account does not mention Elisha staying to watch but by the wording of it he seemed to have left after the carnage. So some boys might have stayed with Elisha but we do not know how many. I think those crazy boys deserved to die. Don't YOU? So the stupid boys who think ten children will fill a bears got torn too. We don't know how mnay but the chance of all of them being that stupid is mathematically impossible too I think. So now we might be up to what? Twenty six?

*Ooops I had another vision. The boys might have been frozen in place by Jehovah. OK then nevermind.

kerndog

Yes He does, didn't He finally let JW's take blood fractions? Even though He commanded the JW's not to eat blood.
Are you always this dense ? What some of you people need to do, is start a JW bashing forum, then you could take your woefull knowledge and bash untill your heart is content !

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are you always this dense ? What some of you people need to do, is start a JW bashing forum, then you could take your woefull knowledge and bash untill your heart is content !
Are you always so rude? Is it possible?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is this what this is to you, a scripture quoting contest ? That's not what I am here for, I know tons of people who can quote scripture until the cows come home. I asked you to show me what you think in our lords teachings , give you the right to take another human life because your government tells you to. Then perhaps quote me this ...1 Pet. 3:15...and tell me how YOU are applying this by giving me a response like that ! If you can quote scripture better than me, good for you, it tells me you at least read the bible. Perhaps you can answer me this about bible interpretation, at... Matthew 13:10,11...after talking with Jews and religious leaders, why did Jesus tell his disciples they were granted the honor of understanding the sacred secrets of the kingdom, BUT, NOT the religious leaders and jews who followed them ? Did they not all study the same bible at the time ? Did Jesus and his disciples use a different bible than they did ? NO . same one ! These religious leaders were trained in the Rabbinic schools from their youth up in the study of the scriptures, JESUS DID NOT, ...John 7:15... and neither did his desciples...Matthew 11:25...Acts 4:13 the Apostle Paul was the only one who received this Rabbinic training...Acts 22:3...Phil. 3:5-8... notice what Paul thought of this schooling that was very much like our seminaries ! Point is, the religious leaders did not get it then, and most do not today for the same reasons.
And that's what you got from my post??? That I was interested in a scripture quoting contest?? :)

You missed the 600 pound gorilla in the room. Here let me post it again so you don't miss it by misinterpreting that one single thing I said in all the rest. Here's the real point:

All readings of the Bible are just opinion. There is nothing in the world that "interprets itself". It has to go through your mind, drawing off what you know or don't know, your biases and your blindnesses. Nothing escapes this process. I can point to the exact same verses you do, and have an entirely different interpretation of it. And I too can point to the page and say "It says it right here!". But then like you, I'd be mistaking my own interpretation as the actuality of it. I'd simply be the flip side of the same coin of ignorance and presumption.

Please read this thread here: http://www.religiousforums.com/thre...-of-scriptural-authority.173975/#post-4168991

rusra02

Premium Member
OK. Any JW want to answer that?

The Bible does not condemn putting willful murderers to death by legal authorities. Romans 13:1 speaks of governmental "superior authorities" and verse 4 warns; "for it is God’s minister to you for your good. But if you are doing what is bad, be in fear, for it is not without purpose that it bears the sword. It is God’s minister, an avenger to express wrath against the one practicing what is bad." Genesis 9:6 authorizes capital punishment, IMO, as did the Law given to Israel by God. (Numbers 35:30,31)

djhwoodwerks

Are you always this arrogant? All I need is the Bible.....you continue to demonstrate your complete ignorance as to what it teaches. o_O

Really? You don't "need" the WT literature to tell you what the Bible "Really" teaches? You probably didn't want to publicly admit that all you "need" is the watchtowers explanation of the Bible, because you can't understand the Bible without it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Really? You don't "need" the WT literature to tell you what the Bible "Really" teaches? You probably didn't want to publicly admit that all you "need" is the watchtowers explanation of the Bible, because you can't understand the Bible without it.
But she has admitted she needs them that write the Watchtower.

djhwoodwerks

And that's what you got from my post??? That I was interested in a scripture quoting contest?? :)

You missed the 600 pound gorilla in the room. Here let me post it again so you don't miss it by misinterpreting that one single thing I said in all the rest. Here's the real point:

All readings of the Bible are just opinion. There is nothing in the world that "interprets itself". It has to go through your mind, drawing off what you know or don't know, your biases and your blindnesses. Nothing escapes this process. I can point to the exact same verses you do, and have an entirely different interpretation of it. And I too can point to the page and say "It says it right here!". But then like you, I'd be mistaking my own interpretation as the actuality of it. I'd simply be the flip side of the same coin of ignorance and presumption.

Please read this thread here: http://www.religiousforums.com/thre...-of-scriptural-authority.173975/#post-4168991

And what the rank and file JW believes about the Bible, is not even their own interpretation. They are told what it says, and that's what it says. If they don't see it, it still has to be what it says because the GB says it is what it says.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I had another vision. The boys might have been frozen in place by Jehovah. OK then nevermind.
But even if indeed Jehovah did freeze them in their places it is not natural for a bear to do at least twenty-two kills in a row. Why do I say, "at least"? Because one bear might have killed more children than the other bear did. One bear would have had to kill at least twenty-two boys. That is terribly unnatural.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America

Bear attacks are extremely rare.Attacks are for predatory, territorial, or protective reasons.Most wilderness attacks have occurred when there was only one to two persons in the vicinity, and no attacks have ever been recorded against groups of six or more.

The Syrian brown bear (Ursus arctos syriacus) is a relatively small subspecies of brown bear native to theMiddle East and the Caucasus.

-Two destroy the young men of Beth-el who mocked Elisha 2Ki 2:24 -FIGURATIVE
http://www.bible-history.com/naves/B/BEAR/

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What the governing body's interpretation of 2 Kings 2:234 teaches is that Jehovah has every right to behave like a demon.
What? Can I hear you @Deeje? Do you say that other people teach the Bible that way? You are right! Unfortunately, the Watchtower is the only thing in history other than what is written of Jesus Christ to call itself "The Truth".

Do you think the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses will ever back down from calling themselves that? What if they DO?

For them to consider stopping calling themselves The Truth they would first consider what losses the organization might suffer. What category would counting their losses put them in, do you think @Deeje? A worldly one. I think you can't deny that.

Last edited:

kerndog

You will have to excuse my simple mind, for not being on the higher plain that your mind is ! I can tell you are vey pridefull person. I have to ask , what exactly is your view of the bible that you claim to be able to quote into infinity ? Your 600 pound gorilla seems to be a nothing more than a little monkey ! Why was it written ? from what I understand from your 600 lb gorilla, it is not possible to get the correct understanding, while the bible plainly states that it is to be understood correctly...2Tim 2:15....3:16.....4:2....1Thess.2:13..Neh 8:8...Acts 8:27-35..... WHY would Jesus command us to preach and teach something that no one could figure out ?...Matt. 28:19,20 , this is not a suggestion, but a command. In the book of... Daniel 12:3,4.... he prophecied that during the time of the end, there WOULD be those who understood (Get it Right) and that TRUE knowledge would become ABUNDANT, BUT, only during the time of the end !! You are very much like the Philosophers Paul encountered in Col.2:8 these men were infatuated with Philosophical theorys and arguments, which by the way, IS where most Christianity took a wrong turn like Jesus and his apostles warned that it would...Acts 20:29,30...NO, I think you would have a very tough time being taught anything wether from god , or men ! You keep saying that you are full of bible knowledge , yet you, have never used it thus far, So to me until, you do, are just another Philosopher to me ! So, I ask you , how do you interpet these scriptures ?

Last edited:

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You will have to excuse my simple mind, for not being on the higher plain that your mind is ! I can tell you are vey pridefull person.
By a comment like this it appears that pride is not my issue but yours, since you feel you need to attack me personally in order to defend yours.

I have to ask , what exactly is your view of the bible that you claim to be able to quote into infinity ?
What would my view of the Bible have to do with the fact I can quote it extensively?

Your 600 pound gorilla seems to be a nothing more than a little monkey ! Why was it written ? from what I understand from your 600 lb gorilla, it is not possible to get the correct understanding, while the bible plainly states that it is to be understood correctly...2Tim 2:15....3:16.....4:2....1Thess.2:13..Neh 8:8...Acts 8:27-35.....
Properly handling scripture has nothing to do with the "right" interpretation. A more wise view would be to understand an appropriate, or useful understanding of it. Being "right" has nothing to do with spiritual truth.

WHY would Jesus command us to preach and teach something that no one could figure out ?
"Figure out"? You mean to suggest that faith is a matter of knowing facts? You reason your way to God? Please answer this.

In the book of... Daniel 12:3,4.... he prophecied that during the time of the end, there WOULD be those who understood (Get it Right)
No, it says "Those who will have insight". Having insight has nothing to do with getting the facts straight! :) Insight is a depth of perception and discernment, not knowing facts.

You are very much like the Philosophers Paul encountered in Col.2:8 these men were infatuated with Philosophical theorys and arguments,
No. I'm not. You want to assume things about me because you don't like to be challenged. They thought Jesus had a devil, you know, because he disagreed with their religious ideas. So far, you've said I'm prideful, and now puffed up with philosophy. Care to add I'm possessed by Satan to that list, if that will make you sleep better?

NO, I think you would have a very tough time being taught anything wether from god , or men !
How would you know that? You seem rather busy dismissing what you don't like, rather than asking questions and seeking understanding from another. As I said before, I actually do know a lot about these things. That's just education, not pride. And I haven't even talked philosophy yet! What I am saying about interpretation has nothing to do with philosophy. It has to do with the facts of how the mind and brain work.

You keep saying that you are full of bible knowledge , yet you, have never used it thus far, So to me until, you do, are just another Philosopher to me !
Sort of like Jesus was just another demon-possessed magician to the Pharisees?

So, I ask you , how do you interpet these scriptures ?
By taking into account many, many variables and factors, and then realizing that in the end it is not about being "right", as truth can only be understood in limited ways. It is about being appropriate and meaningful, not about being right.

Here's a little story that should drive you batty. But at the least I hope it might provoke you to think outside the boxes of truth you wish to stuff God into. There was this famous Rabbi around the time of the destruction of the temple. He was renowned for his interpreting the Torah in ways that provoked people to deepening their understanding of God and the living out of their lives. So the story goes that Moses heard of this Rabbi and made his way down from heaven to hear him speak. He sat in the 8th row back so as not to be seen by others. As he listened to the Rabbi expound about his interpretations of the Torah, Moses didn't recognize anything that he understand about the Torah! Then finally, he stood up and said, "My sons have surpassed even my understanding!!", then went back to heaven a happy man!

What you do not understand about truth, is that is it not a static thing. It is living and evolving, as it should be. Once you understand that, then you can talk with me about the "right" interpretation.

kerndog

By a comment like this it appears that pride is not my issue but yours, since you feel you need to attack me personally in order to defend yours.

What would my view of the Bible have to do with the fact I can quote it extensively?

Properly handling scripture has nothing to do with the "right" interpretation. A more wise view would be to understand an appropriate, or useful understanding of it. Being "right" has nothing to do with spiritual truth.

"Figure out"? You mean to suggest that faith is a matter of knowing facts? You reason your way to God? Please answer this.

No, it says "Those who will have insight". Having insight has nothing to do with getting the facts straight! :) Insight is a depth of perception and discernment, not knowing facts.

No. I'm not. You want to assume things about me because you don't like to be challenged. They thought Jesus had a devil, you know, because he disagreed with their religious ideas. So far, you've said I'm prideful, and now puffed up with philosophy. Care to add I'm possessed by Satan to that list, if that will make you sleep better?

How would you know that? You seem rather busy dismissing what you don't like, rather than asking questions and seeking understanding from another. As I said before, I actually do know a lot about these things. That's just education, not pride. And I haven't even talked philosophy yet! What I am saying about interpretation has nothing to do with philosophy. It has to do with the facts of how the mind and brain work.

Sort of like Jesus was just another demon-possessed magician to the Pharisees?

By taking into account many, many variables and factors, and then realizing that in the end it is not about being "right", as truth can only be understood in limited ways. It is about being appropriate and meaningful, not about being right.

Here's a little story that should drive you batty. But at the least I hope it might provoke you to think outside the boxes of truth you wish to stuff God into. There was this famous Rabbi around the time of the destruction of the temple. He was renowned for his interpreting the Torah in ways that provoked people to deepening their understanding of God and the living out of their lives. So the story goes that Moses heard of this Rabbi and made his way down from heaven to hear him speak. He sat in the 8th row back so as not to be seen by others. As he listened to the Rabbi expound about his interpretations of the Torah, Moses didn't recognize anything that he understand about the Torah! Then finally, he stood up and said, "My sons have surpassed even my understanding!!", then went back to heaven a happy man!

What you do not understand about truth, is that is it not a static thing. It is living and evolving, as it should be. Once you understand that, then you can talk with me about the "right" interpretation.
SHEESH !! You sound like a star trek movie, or, in love with the sound of your own voice, I will not try to pry into your mind any further, you are obviously into various other types of material that have nothing to do with the bible, and, what it teaches,i could care less about some rabbinic fairy tale about moses or the rantings of someone who wants to determine for themselves , right and wrong,...1Cor 1:27...gooday sir, say hello to Spock for me !

djhwoodwerks

You will have to excuse my simple mind, for not being on the higher plain that your mind is ! I can tell you are vey pridefull person. I have to ask , what exactly is your view of the bible that you claim to be able to quote into infinity ? Your 600 pound gorilla seems to be a nothing more than a little monkey ! Why was it written ? from what I understand from your 600 lb gorilla, it is not possible to get the correct understanding, while the bible plainly states that it is to be understood correctly...2Tim 2:15....3:16.....4:2....1Thess.2:13..Neh 8:8...Acts 8:27-35..... WHY would Jesus command us to preach and teach something that no one could figure out ?...Matt. 28:19,20 , this is not a suggestion, but a command. In the book of... Daniel 12:3,4.... he prophecied that during the time of the end, there WOULD be those who understood (Get it Right) and that TRUE knowledge would become ABUNDANT, BUT, only during the time of the end !! You are very much like the Philosophers Paul encountered in Col.2:8 these men were infatuated with Philosophical theorys and arguments, which by the way, IS where most Christianity took a wrong turn like Jesus and his apostles warned that it would...Acts 20:29,30...NO, I think you would have a very tough time being taught anything wether from god , or men ! You keep saying that you are full of bible knowledge , yet you, have never used it thus far, So to me until, you do, are just another Philosopher to me ! So, I ask you , how do you interpet these scriptures ?

All this, coming from a person who has no idea what the Bible says or means, until told by 7 men claiming to be the composite slave.

This is the most truthful thing you've said out that whole paragraph!

kerndog

All this, coming from a person who has no idea what the Bible says or means, until told by 7 men claiming to be the composite slave.

This is the most truthful thing you've said out that whole paragraph!
AGAIN, just an accusation to being wrong, with absolutely no use of the book you claim we know nothing about, all you are doing is making an accusation, anyone can do that even my small grandchildren can do that much, So, enlighten me....WITH SCRIPTURE, perhaps the ORIGINAL QUESTION, that all the ones who have responded to my post, have sidestepped, probably don't even know what it was now, do you ? If nothing else, how about responding to post #70 ! If you can not obey a simple scripture like 1Pet 3:15, and can not, or, will not, do this, kindly refrain from responding !

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Wonderful if it actually came from you.