• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is...

vaguelyhumanoid

Apollo and Hyacinth </3

Orpheus and Eurydice </3

and tons of stuff with Dionysos - the story where he confronts the pirates and Euripides' Bacchae come to mind.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I wouldn't say I have a favorite, but there's something adorable about the "jock vs nerd" story that is the tale of Hepaistos catching Ares being a dip$#@%.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Apollo and Hyacinth </3

Orpheus and Eurydice </3

and tons of stuff with Dionysos - the story where he confronts the pirates and Euripides' Bacchae come to mind.

Wait, are you trying to say you like the first two or that you don't like them? Because </3 indicates a broken heart, or not liking something. Sorry if that's condescending - I just want to make sure we view that symbol the same way.

vaguelyhumanoid

Wait, are you trying to say you like the first two or that you don't like them? Because </3 indicates a broken heart, or not liking something. Sorry if that's condescending - I just want to make sure we view that symbol the same way.

I'm lightheartedly pointing to the fact that they're both tragedies and stories of lost love.

Meander_Z

Apollo and Hyacinth </3

Orpheus and Eurydice </3

I'm feeling a strong desire to inappropriately grope you right now. There are not nearly enough people who appreciate Dionysos as much as they should, and when someone hints that they might belong to Dionysos and Co. fan club. I get overwhelmed with playful lust toward them.

I'm obsessed with Dionysos. I'm even in the process of writing a post-modern novelization of The Bacchae, with plans for a sequel loosely based on Theseus and the Minotaur, and a possible third book (to make a trilogy) drawing heavily from the Orpheus and Eurydice myth.

Any of those three could be listed as my favorite myth. Right now I'm most closely wrapped up in The Bacchae.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Because I could never keep any of the names or versions of the stories straight, I had to do some refreshing of my mind...
I continue to identify most with Prometheus's tale...