• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Your Secect?

Heyo

Veteran Member
So what is your secret? What techniques do you employ to get so many likes on your posts?

Not that I personally care but um... yeah, I'm asking for a friend. :D
Don't feed the trolls.You may be tempted when you're bored but it has no purpose and no reward.

Nimos

Ok, so I don't really, really care. Really.

But, I've noticed some posters like @Vinayaka gets about half as many likes as posts made.
And some like @SomeRandom has almost as many likes as posts.
Then there is @Left Coast who has more likes than posts. :eek:

So what is your secret? What techniques do you employ to get so many likes on your posts?

Now this is a bit scientific, but what you want to do is to maximize your "post to like" ratio or simply PLR. Basically this is what every professional forum posters use to calculate whether or not a post is worth posting or not in the first place, if a post is not worth it, it is known as "forum waste" and if it's good, it is called "Striking the likes".

Introduction
Most importantly don't post nonsense as that can really hurt your PLR!! Also don't post anything to intellectual either, as people will find that boring and will give up before reaching the like button at the end. Keep it short, so the like button is always visible to the "liker".

After you have carefully figured out which irrelevant topics you want to post about. You can use the following guidelines to estimate whether or not you should post or not.

P = Number of posts you have to make. Normally one, but remember you might have to reply as well.
R = Number of expected replies. This you should keep as low as possible, as its normally better to start a new nonsense thread than spending time on a dead string.
C = A constant of 3.

If P+R+C(3) < 8 you are "Striking the likes" and should post your nonsense instantly, don't bother spellchecking or anything. As this means that you, at most have to make 5 posts to receive 8 likes.

If P+R+C(3) > 8 then you are dealing with a potential "Forum waste" and you are most likely going to waste time replying to people without getting likes.

Choosing the right topics
This is the important part, as this is where you need to choose topics with a good conversion rate. So here are some suggestions.

1. Be emotional and don't hide you feelings, people can't resist helping someone in pain. It is perfectly fine to lie here. Remember it's about the likes!!

tenor.gif

2. State the obvious is also one that will give you a lot of likes. So just post something like you being against murdering children and why you think that is wrong, people can't refuse to agree as they would look bad.

tenor.gif

3. The easy one, just beg for it.
tenor.gif

That should be enough to get you started, happy "like" hunting :)

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I just say what I think -- and also try to be clear about why I think as I do. I honestly think people appreciate that, as it absolves them of the need to try and discern my motives.

See? I just did it again.

I liked your post. But now I'm suspicious that you're only pretending to be clear in a manic attempt to collect likes, so you can sell them on the...err...trade them for...umm...parade them around as a...errr....

That's kinda the thing. They're not of any real value, so I'll just revert to my original assumption that you're being honest when you post. Frubal whoring was a thing, back in the day, but I never saw it as more than just a fun game. I still miss my frubal ninja army.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't feed the trolls.You may be tempted when you're bored but it has no purpose and no reward.

Almost always true, but sometimes it just amuses me so much it kinda provides it's own rewards. Only good trolls though. The other type are sooooo boring.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

But, I've noticed some posters like @Vinayaka gets about half as many likes as posts made.

My secret isn't really secret.
Make enemies.
Needle them.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Advertising is out of the question, no?

I'm sure the birthday cake business is booming because of RF.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

I know the secret, which is kind of simple if you know just a little about psychology
But I don't practise it my self, as I try to detach from frubals attachment

Desire and attachment are the source of all evil
Fortunately you don not really care
So, I won't burden you with
Another attachment

Note: If you change your mind, and want to really know, then PM me, and I promise I will tell you (no joke; and you will be amazed how easy it is)
Note: If I share my secret with you, you must promise to not share it with anyone
Note: But only If @Rival gives me her permission of course

Last edited: