• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHAT IS YOUR PHILOSOPHICAL WORLD VIEW (A TEST)

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
Shunyadragon and I have been kind of debating and kind of discussing various issues in a thread 'The Downfall And Lies Of A Biased Liberal And Atheist Websource -- Wikipedia' when he mentioned something about his philosophical beliefs. That made me realize I didn't really know my philosophical label etc so I took a online test and found it enlightening, want to try it?

Find Your Philosophy Quiz
Center for a Stateless Society » Find Your Philosophy Quiz

comments ?

I was going to create some questions but I am late for a VA appt....I will do them in a few hours....byeeeeeeeeeeeeee

; {>

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
My results, and do not care for the terminology, but ok.

Economic Leftist vs. Economic Rightist

77%
Economist Leftist
Opposes deprivation and subordination. Supports solidarity and mutual aid.

23%
Economic Rightist
Supports hierarchies in the workplace and the economy.

Social Liberal vs. Social Conservative
73%
Social Liberal
Supports tolerance, exploration, and diversity.

27%
Social Conservative
Supports traditional or merely preexisting social systems.

Civil Libertarian vs. Civil Authoritarian
67%
Civil Libertarian
Supports robust debate, intellectual engagement and free expression.

33%
Civil Authoritarian
Supports the rigid constraint of discourse, culture and expression.

Antistatist vs. Statist
60%
Antistatist
Rejects centralized violence and authority as unnecessary and detrimental.

40%
Statist
Supports centralized violence as legitimate and/or necessary for human well being.

Anti-Militarist vs. Militarist
60%
Anti-Militarist
Opposes the non-defensive use of military force and highly resistant to incurring collateral damage.

40%
Militarist
Supports aggressive use of military force and for the relaxation of traditional "just war" constraints on violence.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I think of myself as somewhat less statist than this. Otherwise, it feels just about right.

Center for a Stateless Society

Economic Leftist vs. Economic Rightist
77%

23%
Economist Leftist
Opposes deprivation and subordination. Supports solidarity and mutual aid.
Economic Rightist
Supports hierarchies in the workplace and the economy.

Social Liberal vs. Social Conservative
80%

20%
Social Liberal
Supports tolerance, exploration, and diversity.
Social Conservative
Supports traditional or merely preexisting social systems.

Civil Libertarian vs. Civil Authoritarian
72%

28%
Civil Libertarian
Supports robust debate, intellectual engagement and free expression.
Civil Authoritarian
Supports the rigid constraint of discourse, culture and expression.

Antistatist vs. Statist
63%

37%
Antistatist
Rejects centralized violence and authority as unnecessary and detrimental.
Statist
Supports centralized violence as legitimate and/or necessary for human well being.

Anti-Militarist vs. Militarist
92%

8%
Anti-Militarist
Opposes the non-defensive use of military force and highly resistant to incurring collateral damage.
Militarist
Supports aggressive use of military force and for the relaxation of traditional "just war" constraints on violence.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
The quiz got the best of me, bored today

Economic Leftist 65% Rightist 35%
Social Liberal 95% Conservative 5%
Civil Libertarian 78% Authoritarian 22%
Antistatist 67% Statist 33%
Antimilitarist 63% Militarist 37%

Liu

Economic Leftist 46% Rightist 54%
Social Liberal 86% Conservative 14%
Civil Libertarian 78% Authoritarian 22%
Antistatist 73% Statist 27%
Antimilitarist 60% Militarist 40%

I would have answered some questions differently if more context was given. Being a moral relativist, it's a huge difference for me morally whether things a government do affect or don't affect me personally.

I mean, take a question like "It is reasonable to restrict people’s access to accurate information during war-time for their own good."
Of course that is reasonable in that way that it does more good than harm. But still I wouldn't like to be lied to. How can I ever answer a question like that?

Also, those are political labels, not philosophical ones.

MrMrdevincamus

This is interesting. I don't have time to correlate everyone scores, but using the old eyeball and memory method it looks like most of our answers so far, despite our profiles being different are fairly analogous. That could explain why RF is a good website without an overkill amount of toxic drama seen on many forums. Damn we're good!...; {>

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
IMO, lots of poorly worded questions led to weird results. I'd like to see their algorithm.

My results:

economic leftist: 63% - seems ok
social liberal: 80% - seems ok
civil libertarian: 69% - seems low
antistatist: 58% - seems ok
anti-militarist: 60% - seems low

MrMrdevincamus

yep close

who could blame them after nearly a decade of Obama's obvious disdain for the nation her leaders and her people. Add to the latter some Christian Cults who corrupts the bible too make it fit their satanic agenda. But as per Trumps visit and the obvious mutual respect and admiration of Trump and Benjamin Netanyahu indicates a better time ahead for the USA Israel and Gods chosen people, the Jewish. Hopefully Palestinian and Israel will find peace as well. Shalom be with you and your family, lastly, God bless our forum!

: { >

MrMrdevincamus

Just cos I don't identify with any especial religion doesn't make me an atheist!

Hi Kirran. I did not mean to offend you and don't remember saying you were an atheist! I assumed your quip by your sc name ie ;>>>Kirran Broadly Religion-less... I thought it was factual! Again, sorry my (friend?) ...: { >