• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your opinion of Jesus?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Not sure what you mean because the title-name Immanuel is Not a personal name that Jesus was called
Paul did Not write the words of Matthew 27:46 or Mark 15:34
I mean Paul (not Saul of Tarsus) when he took this title it includes his associates and the Church, please, right?

Regards

"Of the various companions of Paul, three – Barnabas, John Mark, and Silas – are identified with Jerusalem (4:36, 12:12, 15:22). The others are identified with the Diaspora: Timothy is from Lystra (16:1), and the other companions are associated in some way with Macedonia or with Paul's travels there."

" The Companions of Paul & Biblical Persons Related to Paul

• Aristarchus of Thessalonica.
  • Apostle Barnabas.
  • Jason of Thessalonica & Sopater or Sosipater.
  • John Mark.
  • Luke the Evangelist.
  • Onesimus.
  • Silas.
  • Aristarchus, Pudis & Trophimus. "
"Are the things Paul wrote in the New Testament completely infallible and authoritative for Christians today?

Mostly, the things that Paul wrote about in his epistles were not statements of alleged fact and therefore not infallible statements, although clearly intended to be authoritative. In 1 Corinthians 15:1-2, he acknowledges that if the gospel that he has preached is a false one, then the Corinthians have believed him in vain—a somewhat humble admission. In 1 Corinthians 15:3–7, he writes of those who had supposedly seen the risen Jesus, but precedes this list by saying that he was only repeating what he had been told by others.
Sometimes, Paul assures his readers that he is not lying (Romans 9:1; 2 Corinthians 11:31; Galatians 1:20), but in Romans 3:9 he seems to admit that he lies for the glory of God. Some scholars have identified passages that Paul has incorrectly, and no doubt knowingly, cited from the Old Testament, all the better to make a theological point. Those false citations may have helped to establish and spread the early Christian church but, by their very nature, they are hardly authoritative today. Their best defence is that few Christians are actually aware of them."

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.................................................................................................................................................................................... I disagree. Jesus must have been a direct descendant of King David (Isaiah 11:1) through King Solomon (I Proverbs 22:8-10), only if Solomon kept his faith in God Yahweh (II Chronicles 7 :19) which, however, did not keep finally (1 Kings 11:4).
Plus there was a curse on king Jeconiah and Joseph was not Jesus father. Royal inheritance was always through males.
* Matthew is Jesus' paternal line
* Luke is Jesus' maternal line
No word for son-in-law or batchelor, so at marriage son-in-law Joseph became 'son' at Luke 3:23 B
Luke traces the line through David's son 'Nathan', instead of Solomon as Matthew does (Luke 3:31; Matt. 1:6-7 )
Mary's ancestry showing Jesus 'NATURAL' descent from David, while Matthew shows Jesus ' LEGAL ' right to the throne.
Throne of David through or from Solomon through Joseph who became Jesus' LEGAL father.
Just as an adoption makes a legal binding, so that was the case with Joseph being given the LEGAL right to Jesus

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I mean Paul (not Saul of Tarsus) when he took this title it includes his associates and the Church, please, right?
Regards
"Are the things Paul wrote in the New Testament completely infallible and authoritative for Christians today?.....................................................
Please where does Paul (formerly Saul) take the title name Immanuel ___________
What verse or verses do you have in mind __________________

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Regards
"Are the things Paul wrote in the New Testament completely infallible and authoritative for Christians today?.....................................................
Please where does Paul (formerly Saul) take the title name Immanuel ___________
What verse or verses do you have in mind __________________
Saul of Tarsus later changed his name and is most mentioned with this (title) name "Paul", I meant this; one mistook me, right, please?
One-true-G-d was not with Paul's false claims, as I understand, so he was never titled as Immanuel, please, right?

Regards

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I've heard that Luke is through Mary many times. I have two responses:

1. Luke's genealogy never mentions Mary. It mentions Joseph. The only reason Christians came up with this baloney is that they are embarrassed that Luke's doesn't match Matthews.

2. Let's imagine for a moment that we actually had Mary's genealogy. It would be completely worthless. This is because which tribe a Jew is, or whether they are of the Davidic line goes SOLELY through the biological father. So Mary's genealogy is utterly irrelevant.

Ajax

No word for son-in-law or batchelor, so at marriage son-in-law Joseph became 'son' at Luke 3:23 B
Luke traces the line through David's son 'Nathan', instead of Solomon as Matthew does (Luke 3:31; Matt. 1:6-7 )
Mary's ancestry showing Jesus 'NATURAL' descent from David, while Matthew shows Jesus ' LEGAL ' right to the throne.
Throne of David through or from Solomon through Joseph who became Jesus' LEGAL father.
Just as an adoption makes a legal binding, so that was the case with Joseph being given the LEGAL right to Jesus
Good try, but it does not work. Too many obstacles.

1) God's promise to David for an ever lasting kingdom was given for Solomon (2 Samuel 7:12-14), but this promise was cancelled (1 Kings 11:11).

2) There is God's curse on king Jeconiah that none of his descendants will ever sit on the throne of David (Jeremiah 22:30).

3) Joseph was not Jesus biological father and religion teaches that Joseph had biological children. Therefore if Joseph's genealogy is through David (extremely doubtful), his biological children could be somehow entitled to the throne, but not Jesus who was adopted. In any case there was no law of adoption that deals with a son with a Jewish mother but no natural father. Jews maintain that pedigree cannot be passed on through adoption.

4) Lineage through Mary...
a)There was never maternal line in royal succession.
b) Nathan never became king.
c) The OT states the lineage would be passed on through David’s son Solomon. Nathan was never mentioned.
d) The two genealogies are both specifically connected to Joseph, Mary's connection is nowhere in sight. When Luke says Joseph, he means Joseph. Not Mary.
e) Mary according to tradition was a Levite. Elizabeth, her relative, was daughter of Aaron.

It is remarkable and evident to any rational observer how many inconsistencies exist in the Gospels, and the tremendous effort first-century Christians put into cultivating the new religion. No surprise that the overwhelming majority of Jews never followed it, thus they had to turn to Paul and focus on proselytizing gentiles, who knew absolutely nothing about the Old Testament.

Last edited:

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Its an interesting and mostly modern situation, but we can find historical examples of this happening as well.

It is because Christians are not unified, probably. According to John chapter 12 Jesus must be lifted up from the earth in the reverse fashion that he says the prince of this world has been cast out. These are somewhat cryptic words, and John is not easy reading for everyone. In this passage it says that Jesus prays that the Father's name will be glorified, and to me this probably means that he wants all people everywhere to join him in unity. Therefore the reason that people don't believe in Jesus is that Jesus own followers are not unified.

Unity is the miracle everyone is waiting for and is also getting in the way of.
Time to embrace reincarnation

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

Jesus, Isa was a descendent of Abraham. He was sent by god to the children of Israel to with revelation we call the injeel.
We also refer him as a prophet and a messenger.
Also as the messiah, the chosen one and eventually lead the believers in his second coming to victory over the dajjal (ant-Christ) and the unbelievers
We believe him to be sinless like the other prophets and his main purpose was to teach the people the worship of the oneness of god and not to add partners to him.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Neither One-true G-d , nor (Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah ( who was neither a Zealot, nor he belonged to the Zionism people nor to the Judaism people), were with Paul please, right?

"Paul narrates his origins. As Saul of Tarsus, a Jewish boy, he was influenced by the zealotry of his leaders and witnessed the martyrdom of Stephen at their hands for professing faith in Jesus Christ. This event made Saul vow to destroy all Christians throughout the world until the day he rode for Damascus with his brethren. He became blinded by God and heard His voice asking why Saul persecuted Him. This event along with Saul's meeting Ananias, a disciple of Christ, humbled Saul so deeply that he repented of his actions. Ananias restored Saul's sight and baptized him in the name of the Lord, which led to Saul rejecting his former name and becoming Paul." Wikipedia
It is clear that Saul of Tarsus changed his name, himself, from Saul to Paul and is most mentioned with this (title) name "Paul", right, please?
One-true-G-d was not with Paul's false claims, as I understand, please, right?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

"Immanuel" means "God with us" and it does not fit on Pauline invented concept of NT Bible when he says “Eli, Eli, lima sabachthani?” That is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” and yet he received a cursed death on the Cross, despite Yeshua's fervent supplications in the Garden to G-d , right, please? It is very unethical, immoral and unspiritual concept reported by the Saul-cooked, as I understand, NT Bible, please, right ?
(Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah ( who was neither a Zealot, nor he belonged to the Zionism people nor to the Judaism people), never died a cursed death on the Cross/Pole, please, right?
Yeshua was a truthful Messenger/Prophet of G-d, and as G-d helps all his Messengers/Prophets, so G-d did not leave him , accepted his prayers and helped him in this troubled times, please, right?

Clue:-
3:56* When Allah said, ‘O Jesus, I will cause thee to die a natural death and will exalt thee to Myself, and will clear thee from the charges of those who disbelieve, and will place those who follow thee above those who disbelieve, until the Day of Resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, and I will judge between you concerning that wherein you differ.

Regards
*3:56
اِذۡ قَالَ اللّٰہُ یٰعِیۡسٰۤی اِنِّیۡ مُتَوَفِّیۡکَ وَرَافِعُکَ اِلَیَّ وَمُطَہِّرُکَ مِنَ الَّذِیۡنَ کَفَرُوۡا وَجَاعِلُ الَّذِیۡنَ اتَّبَعُوۡکَ فَوۡقَ الَّذِیۡنَ کَفَرُوۡۤا اِلٰی یَوۡمِ الۡقِیٰمَۃِ ۚ ثُمَّ اِلَیَّ مَرۡجِعُکُمۡ فَاَحۡکُمُ بَیۡنَکُمۡ فِیۡمَا کُنۡتُمۡ فِیۡہِ تَخۡتَلِفُوۡنَ

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

"Immanuel" means "God with us" and it does not fit on Pauline invented concept of NT Bible when he says “Eli, Eli, lima sabachthani?” That is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” and yet he received a cursed death on the Cross, despite Yeshua's fervent supplications in the Garden to G-d , right, please? It is very unethical, immoral and unspiritual concept reported by the Saul-cooked, as I understand, NT Bible, please, right ?
(Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah ( who was neither a Zealot, nor he belonged to the Zionism people nor to the Judaism people), never died a cursed death on the Cross/Pole, please, right?
Yeshua was a truthful Messenger/Prophet of G-d, and as G-d helps all his Messengers/Prophets, so G-d did not leave him , accepted his prayers and helped him in this troubled times, please, right?

3:56* When Allah said, ‘O Jesus, I will cause thee to die a natural death and will exalt thee to Myself, and will clear thee from the charges of those who disbelieve, and will place those who follow thee above those who disbelieve, until the Day of Resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, and I will judge between you concerning that wherein you differ.

Regards
اِذۡ قَالَ اللّٰہُ یٰعِیۡسٰۤی اِنِّیۡ مُتَوَفِّیۡکَ وَرَافِعُکَ اِلَیَّ وَمُطَہِّرُکَ مِنَ الَّذِیۡنَ کَفَرُوۡا وَجَاعِلُ الَّذِیۡنَ اتَّبَعُوۡکَ فَوۡقَ الَّذِیۡنَ کَفَرُوۡۤا اِلٰی یَوۡمِ الۡقِیٰمَۃِ ۚ ثُمَّ اِلَیَّ مَرۡجِعُکُمۡ فَاَحۡکُمُ بَیۡنَکُمۡ فِیۡمَا کُنۡتُمۡ فِیۡہِ تَخۡتَلِفُوۡنَ

I beleve differently.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

What is your opinion of Jesus?​

Regards

I believe differently.
And what is that, must be deviant from the normal thinking, so needs more reasonable arguments in one's support, please, right??!

Regards

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member

What is your opinion of Jesus?​

Regards

And what is that, must be deviant from the normal thinking, so needs more reasonable arguments in one's support, please, right??!

Regards
paarsurrey, if you are observing the events unfolding on this planet, the Ukrainian war, the Israel war, human civilization moral decay, etc., world war is coming and judgment time too, so why are you being do dogmatic and concerned about who said what a couple of thousand years ago. Be in the present now where it is all happening, Jesus and Madhi are coming!

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey, if you are observing the events unfolding on this planet, the Ukrainian war, the Israel war, human civilization moral decay, etc., world war is coming and judgment time too, so why are you being do dogmatic and concerned about who said what a couple of thousand years ago. Be in the present now where it is all happening, Jesus and Mahdi are coming!

" Jesus and Mahdi "
Jesus-in Second Coming and Mahdi are already come in one person i.e. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, right?

Regards

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
" Jesus and Mahdi "
Jesus-in Second Coming and Mahdi are already come in one person i.e. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, right?

Regards
If that is your belief, so be it. The important thing wrt any and all religions is not the belief, but the efficacy of the practitioner to realize what and who they are in the context of all that is.
Fwiw, it happens to be my understanding that the war of Armageddon is soon to start between NATO and Russia.
We shall see what happens in the times ahead.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
" Jesus and Mahdi "
If that is your belief, so be it. The important thing wrt any and all religions is not the belief, but the efficacy of the practitioner to realize what and who they are in the context of all that is.
Fwiw, it happens to be my understanding that the war of Armageddon is soon to start between NATO and Russia.
We shall see what happens in the times ahead.
"Armageddon "

With the truthful advent of Second Coming 1835-1908, I understand , Armageddon is already started, right, please?

Regards

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I'm curious on why people don't believe in Jesus?
Because being a Christian didn't work out for me and I never felt accepted by the community, and was mistreated. My mom died and I was basically abandoned by my parish, who just let me fall into homelessness. The very idea of going to church fills me with anxiety because of the people. So I just gave it up.

I wish I could be part of a spiritual community but I doubt that will ever happen. Just like I will never have a family.