• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your job?

xkatz

I work as a student. Additionally, the past two summers I have been doing a volunteer job aiding summer classes for children with disabilities.

tomato1236

Ninja Master
What would that be in English?

I thought you might ask. It translates, roughly, into genius.

It basically means I determine the staffing needs of the business and provide recommendations about whether to hire, fire, or move employees to meet those needs. I also manage attendance, productivity and vacation balances and provide reports and analysis to managers. Woohoo!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

It basically means I determine the staffing needs of the business and provide recommendations about whether to hire, fire, or move employees to meet those needs. I also manage attendance, productivity and vacation balances and provide reports and analysis to managers. Woohoo!
We call that "personnel". I'm glad someone likes doing this necessary function.
I'd last 5 minutes...4 of those minutes just clearing out my desk after being fired.

Please don't take this clip the wrong way....it's just a favorite Dirty Harry scene.
[youtube]DGCMyF-sA58[/youtube]
YouTube - DIrty Harry Transferred to Personnel

tomato1236

Ninja Master
We call that "personnel". I'm glad someone likes doing this necessary function.
I'd last 5 minutes...4 of those minutes just clearing out my desk after being fired.

Please don't take this clip the wrong way....it's just a favorite Dirty Harry scene.
[youtube]DGCMyF-sA58[/youtube]
YouTube - DIrty Harry Transferred to Personnel

Haha that was funny. Fortunately I don't have to do the actual hiring or firing. I just make recommendations based on the numbers I crunch. Honestly though I haven't done much of anything since January. I took this position at that time and all I've done (basically) is enter sick time into the system each morning for the people who call in. I don't really love it. It's hardly my calling in life. But I'm certainly able to pay the bills and try to finish college.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just make recommendations based on the numbers I crunch. Honestly though I haven't done much of anything since January. I took this position at that time and all I've done (basically) is enter sick time into the system each morning for the people who call in. I don't really love it. It's hardly my calling in life. But I'm certainly able to pay the bills and try to finish college.
Sounds good to me!

tomato1236

Ninja Master
Sounds good to me!

I'm approaching the end of my first year here, so I'm looking forward to a 3-5% raise. I'm also in my 5th year as a WFM (workforce management) dude. Once I've got 5 years under my belt, I'm suddenly worth more. So I'll be looking for jobs elsewhere. Then I'll graduate from college, and I'll abandon it all for a much less secure role as an artist at some animation or game design studio. Plan A.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

This is very cool. I worked in the staffing industry and HR for many years. For much of that time I worked for a very large staffing company that provided seasonal help for large employers, which involved a lot of meeting with people like you. I loved it!

I also developed policy and procedure manuals for small to midsize privately owned companies, and that also often morphed into working with them on their ramp up and recruiting programs.

It was very interesting work. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am an electronics engineer.

And yes, you can blame me for all the red lights on your way to work if it makes you feel better.
long_light.png

RickDeVon

I work with God everyday...I am a landscaper and out in His beauty piddling along as I go...playing with the flowers and plants on my knees talking to Him.. life is good...