• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who support homosexuality practices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirran

Premium Member
Because those people who support them only doing it for some gain. Deep down they know it's not good for your health.

"Those people" includes me.

There is no "gain".

It is not, inandof itself, worse for two people of the same sex to have sex than for people of different sexes.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think so. Those people are just trying to make themselves look like a good guy, but in reality they do not care about you.

Okay, so what was amusing is becoming less so.
Please don't think you can speak for me (as a supporter of LGBT rights). You have demonstrated time and time again that you have no insight into how I think. I can quite happily speak for myself.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Look at yourself and your beliefs before judging others, at least gays don't cut off heads stone people to death, burn people to death and on and on.........."judge not that you will be judged also".

Kirran

Premium Member
Also sovietchild, nobody "decides" to be gay. No more than anyone decides to be heterosexual, or bisexual etc. It's just what attractions you have biologically.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I've been homosexual my whole life (which will soon be 70 years). I do not have AIDS. I've never had an STD. I've been with the same partner (exclusively) for decades -- who, coincidentally, has also been gay all his life, has been faithful to me, doesn't have any STDs and hasn't (so far as I am able to tell), died of AIDS. (Although at his age, he does seem to have slowed down a bit. Pretty sure he's still kicking, though.)

BUT -- and it's a big but.

I lived through all those years when gay people were shunned, and lived their lives in inner-city "gay ghettos." Why? Because you all hated us so much. What's more, forming real, lasting, committed relationships was frowned upon -- not by us but by the straight -- and especially the religious straight -- world. The wonder of it is that we KNEW that pressure to form lasting and committed relationships would be to our benefit -- just as it is for straights -- and for most of history that was refused to us. By the rest of you!

So own up, @sovietchild and take some of the blame yourself. Bigotry and hatred are not what your Christ asked of you, are they? And because they are so ugly, they always -- always -- reap ugly rewards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirran

Premium Member
I've been homosexual my whole life (which will soon be 70 years). I do not have AIDS. I've never had an STD. I've been with the same partner (exclusively) for decades -- who, coincidentally, has also been gay all his life, has been faithful to me, doesn't have any STDs and hasn't (so far as I am able to tell, died of AIDS, although at his age, he does seem to have slowed down a bit. Pretty sure he's still kicking, though.)

BUT -- and it's a big but.

I lived through all those years when gay people were shunned, and lived their lives in inner-city "gay ghettos." Why? Because you all hated us so much. What's more, forming real, lasting, committed relationships was frowned upon -- not by us but by the straight -- and especially the religious straight -- world. The wonder of it is that we KNEW that pressure to form lasting and committed relationships would be to our benefit -- just as it is for straights -- and for most of history that was refused to us. By the rest of you!

So own up, @sovietchild and take some of the blame yourself. Bigotry and hatred are not what your Christ asked of you, are they? And because they are so ugly, they always -- always -- reap ugly rewards.

So much love for this.

He's a Muslim though, FYI.

Last edited by a moderator:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I lived through all those years when gay people were shunned, and lived their lives in inner-city "gay ghettos." Why? Because you all hated us so much.
I wanted to give your post about 20 winner ratings!
Homophobic people just refuse to grasp that they are the problem.
I've been in a monogamous marriage with my partner for 20+ years. I am at less risk of a STD than the average single person in the USA.

And no risk of the single worst outcome of irresponsible sex, an unwanted child.

So when religious bigots go on with their lies and illogicality I take it very personally. They are my enemy and their religion teaches that to them.
Tom

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I don't think so. Those people are just trying to make themselves look like a good guy, but in reality they do not care about you.
That is pure, ugly, prejudicial, uninformed and ignorant rubbish. You do not have one single clue about WHO "those people" are, and as a result you are absolutely and completely unable to say one single word about what any one of them thinks, who they care about or how they try to "make themselves look."

Writing scurrilous stereotypes like that is one of those things I think is worse than many things I'd like to say to you, but am forbidden to by Forum rules. :mad:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
What leads you to such a surprising judgement? How sure are you that "those people" even exist?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Fun fact, worldwide the leading cause of the spread of HIV/AIDS is through heterosexual sex, rather than homosexual. Particularly in African countries, which was perpetuated largely by the condemnation and demonization of condoms by Catholic organizations of the time (note this is not to blame all Catholics.)

Also blaming a particular community for HIV/AIDS is pretty ****ing sick. They need medical treatment not some holier than thou smug condemnation from supposed religious folks. Jesus never mocked the sick did he? His followers (not all of them) seem to do that though.
So much for the "facts" of the OP...

Status
Not open for further replies.