• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who support homosexuality practices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
Why is that? I think those people who support homosexuality don't really care about others.

I think that two conscious adults having consensual sex is none of my business, as long as I don't have to freaking see it.

We're talking about adults here, or at least I am.
They can worry about themselves with issues like this, their personal hygiene and general well-being isn't my responsibility.
It is their responsibility, let them make their own life choices themselves.
I'm sure they would appreciate it more that this harmful kindness you seem to want to exhibit.

sovietchild

I think that two conscious adults having consensual sex is none of my business, as long as I don't have to freaking see it.

We're talking about adults here, or at least I am.
They can worry about themselves with issues like this, their personal hygiene and general well-being isn't my responsibility.
It is their responsibility, let them make their own life choices themselves.
I'm sure they would appreciate it more that this harmful kindness you seem to want to exhibit.

This topic is not about those people who practice homosexuality. Is it?

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
I don't think so. This topic is about those people who state that this practice is good for your health.

I don't know of many people who would actually say that.
It is good for venting stress and whatnot, but it spreads STDs like any other sexual practice.
The main reasons there are such health issue within gay communities is due to the lack of education and the shaming.
Take those two away and the problem is halfway solved with the next generation, and only gets better from there on.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think so. This topic is about those people who state that this practice is good for your health.
No you brought up some nonsense about it being bad for health. Which is not an official stance taken by any credible Scientific organisation just FYI.
Funny thing is though for all the (mostly) Christian bluster about this, which was prevalent in your own sources no less, Jesus never went around condemning sick people. What was it that Ghandi said about Christians being unlike Christ again?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
According to the study carried out by Center for Disease Control in 2009, indicates that only 2% of U.S. population is gay but 61% of these people are heavily affected by new HIV infections more than any other group in the United States.

So, the question is, what is wrong with those people who support homosexuality practices? Do not they not care about the facts? Deep down do they not care about others well-being? Are they like one of those girls who goes out to the mall with an ugly friend just to stand out? Maybe deep down they think of themselves as ugly ducklings, and so in order to make them look charming they support homosexuality practices and state that it’s healthy. But deep down they know it’s not.

Those people don't care about the facts. Instead, they want their agenda promoted. They want their sexual freedom without responsibility. They, like so many tyrants in history, want to force their minority opinion on the majority to satisfy their own appetites.

This is quite an amusing OP.
I particularly like how you were able to use irony.

They, like so many tyrants in history, want to force their minority opinion on the majority to satisfy their own appetites.

Classic. Really funny stuff. Or victim blaming, but I'm cutting you the benefit of the doubt here.

Kirran

Premium Member
Why is that? I think those people who support homosexuality don't really care about others.

I can inform you, I care about others. That's why I am so often moved by the bravery that LGBT people exhibit in the face of so much prejudice and ignorance.

sovietchild

I can inform you, I care about others. That's why I am so often moved by the bravery that LGBT people exhibit in the face of so much prejudice and ignorance.

I don't think so. Those people are just trying to make themselves look like a good guy, but in reality they do not care about you.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think so. Those people are just trying to make themselves look like a good guy, but in reality they do not care about you.
No, the opposition tries to make themselves look like the good guy by claiming to be concerned with spiritual wellbeing. In reality they just want an excuse to hound innocent people and then when confronted cower behind Jesus or whoever they worship. Cowards.

Kirran

Premium Member

I am a strong supporter for LGBT rights. I care very deeply for people, including LGBT people.

Status
Not open for further replies.