• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who listen to music?

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
What is this madness?

iu

gnostic

The Lost One
Let’s agree on something. Music makes one high. Right? It gives one an ecstasy feeling, relaxes one and makes one happy, but is everything that makes you happy good for you? Probably not.

Just like a drug, one can become addicted to music. If one were to listen to music every day, then what kind of a reaction would one receive? I mean look what music does to people. Look what music does to musicians themselves. It makes them crazy, just like a drug.

I suggest you (RF forum users) to abstain from music, for just a week or two. Since you are part of the religious community you might as well experiment it. There is an action and reaction. You might as well try it and see what kind of reaction one would receive if he were to abstain from music. I guarantee you, isolation from music will do you good. It will calm you down.
Hey, sovietchild.

So "music" is all bad? And so is "singing"?

Well, I don't think angels got your memo in banning music and singing:

Qur'an 42:5 said:
The heavens may almost rend asunder from above them and the angels sing the praise of their Lord and ask forgiveness for those on earth; now surely Allah is the Forgiving, the Merciful.

So what are you going to do, sovietchild, to stop angels from singing? Chop their heads off?

Or are there exceptions?

Then that would be double-standard.

You do realise that you start some absurd topics, don't you?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Let’s agree on something. Music makes one high. Right? It gives one an ecstasy feeling, relaxes one and makes one happy, but is everything that makes you happy good for you? Probably not.

Just like a drug, one can become addicted to music. If one were to listen to music every day, then what kind of a reaction would one receive? I mean look what music does to people. Look what music does to musicians themselves. It makes them crazy, just like a drug.

I suggest you (RF forum users) to abstain from music, for just a week or two. Since you are part of the religious community you might as well experiment it. There is an action and reaction. You might as well try it and see what kind of reaction one would receive if he were to abstain from music. I guarantee you, isolation from music will do you good. It will calm you down.
No that is not high. What you are describing is a process that happens when the brain releases endorphins into the body. This happens during a number of activities including sex, excersize and even when eating a finely cooked meal. It is important for one's survival as relaxation is often needed to recharge the body properly to keep you healthy. Too little and you end up stressed which is detrimental to one's health.
Getting high occurs when an abnormally large amount of endorphins are released (usually there are other processes occurring but that depends on the type of drug really.)This is not comparable to listening to music because the level released is within the healthy amount.
If you wish to label music as a drug you're essentially also labelling fine dining as a "drug." Like lol. Better give up good quality food for a week and see what happens! Hahahaha

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I forgot about this thread, and Sovietchild's other "what's wrong with these people who like mundane, harmless things?" string of threads.

dfnj

Same thing is true with words. People get addicted to words and just can't stop talking their whole lives. It's a real shame.