• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who listen to music?

sovietchild

Let’s agree on something. Music makes one high. Right? It gives one an ecstasy feeling, relaxes one and makes one happy, but is everything that makes you happy good for you? Probably not.

Just like a drug, one can become addicted to music. If one were to listen to music every day, then what kind of a reaction would one receive? I mean look what music does to people. Look what music does to musicians themselves. It makes them crazy, just like a drug.

I suggest you (RF forum users) to abstain from music, for just a week or two. Since you are part of the religious community you might as well experiment it. There is an action and reaction. You might as well try it and see what kind of reaction one would receive if he were to abstain from music. I guarantee you, isolation from music will do you good. It will calm you down.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Let’s agree on something. Music makes one high. Right? It gives one an ecstasy feeling, relaxes one and makes one happy, but is everything that makes you happy good for you? Probably not.

Just like a drug, one can become addicted to music. If one were to listen to music every day, then what kind of a reaction would one receive? I mean look what music does to people. Look what music does to musicians themselves. It makes them crazy, just like a drug.

I suggest you (RF forum users) to abstain from music, for just a week or two. Since you are part of the religious community you might as well experiment it. There is an action and reaction. You might as well try it and see what kind of reaction one would receive if he were to abstain from music. I guarantee you, isolation from music will do you good. It will calm you down.
Why is relaxing and feeling happy a bad thing?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Does listening to Qur'an recitation give you a feeling of ecstasy, relax you and make you happy?

Well then you'd best abstain from Qur'an!!

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Your premise of music making someone high is a false premise. I personally love music that makes me low. I need a sort of compensation of my natural high status.

My fav album at the moment is Nature Unveiled from Current 93.

Give it a spin and tell me: do you think that could make anyone high?

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
There is a biological reason beyond pleasure for listening to music. Music goes into the ears and creates sequences in the neurons that form geometric patterns in the hindparts of the brain, among other things. This stimulates nerves, much like touching skin or seeing patterns, so music provides an additional sensation beyond hearing. It is another way to sense things. You sense something else, and its like looking at clouds, handling smooth wood, touching fine cloth or tasting well made food. The food does more than nourish. Sound has more than noise.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Nope. I have to go to Mass on Sundays and there's always music at Mass. Sunday Mass is an obligation for Catholics. :p

Anyway, this is just yet another stupid thread.

Jumi

I sometimes don't listen to music for months. I don't think there's much difference there.

Flankerl

Absolutely ridiculous.

Shemot 15
Then Moses and the children of Israel sang this song to the Lord, and they spoke, saying, I will sing to the Lord, for very exalted is He; a horse and its rider He cast into the sea.
The Eternal's strength and His vengeance were my salvation; this is my God, and I will make Him a habitation, the God of my father, and I will ascribe to Him exaltation.