• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the World's Oldest Religion?

What is the world's oldest Religion?

• Greco-Roman Paganism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brittish Isles and Celtic Religion

• Chinese Folk Religion

• Shinto

• Total voters

RevOxley_501

I'd say none of these. The first religions were most likely Solar or Lunar cults with no real traceable names...but because the Sun brought the day where it was safer for early humans to roam and hunt it would have likely been the most revered object in their life and rather quickly turned into an object of worship...which I believe the Kemetic religions actually point to.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
No Fatihah did not hijack my account :) The reason I put Islam is because I've never known of Jews or Christians to say their religion is the oldest, but I have actually heard Muslims make this claim, so I figured I'd better put it as a choice. That question I threw in after that was a tongue in cheek deal.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Of course, there must of been some type of worship before religion was known, so does that make it a religion or just a practice?

Semantics. If it was a worship on their part, then it could be called a religion. How do I know, for example, that my belief and faith is not just a practice?:)

Orias

Left Hand Path
Semantics. If it was a worship on their part, then it could be called a religion. How do I know, for example, that my belief and faith is not just a practice?:)

Well see your wrong here though. Since you can uhm...have a close relationship with Jesus and not be religious. I would know I see the commercial all the time, you know the 1-800-NEED-HIM one.

Unless they are just lying to you about that too.

And back than they might not have called it religion, perhaps truth, or life. But we have developed more now so...honestly who knows at all? No one.