• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the Trinity?

SA Huguenot

I never understood when Christians preached about the Blood of Christ that washed our sins away, and how blood covers our sin etc.
It was a description with no foundation or meaning at all.
Untill I learned what the Trinity was.
The story goes like this.
God created man to be His companion and friend.
He created man in his immage with a Body of light that was immortal, a Spirit that could not die, and a Mind of his own.
Now, God could have made man running on pure instinct like an animal to obey Him and to do what ever God wanted him to do.
But guess what, God gave man free will to be just like God to remove any robotlikeness from man.
If God wanted to create a toy, he would have done so, but He created Man with a Mind!
This Man was deceived by Satan and ate from the forbidden fruit. man lost his innocent existance, his immortality, his glorious body, and for the first time he started to age, get sick and eventually died.
Due to Satan bringing death into God's creation, man was now removed from God forever.
Why?
Because, sin can not exist in the presence of God.
God is life, and in God is no death at all.
Therefore, when Man lost his glorious body, he was removed from the presence of God.
Even when Moses. God's friend, wanted to look upon God, God had to protect Moses from seing the full glory of God head on, because Moseswould have fried in the corrupt and dying body he lived in.
This is where everything started to fall into place.
If Adam was removed from God due to the immortal body he had, so will we all die and are removed from God.
God slaughtered animals and made skin clothing for Adam.
The Blood covered Adam's mortality.
This is what the priests in Israel had to do to allow the presence of God , the Glory of YHWH, in their midst.
They had to use blood to cover the sin of man with sacrifices.
This is what God taught Abraham.
The Blood of the offering coveres the sin of man, so God sees the blood, and not the corrupt body.

In conclusion, when Jesus, the Word of YHWH came to earth in human form, God came to earth to die as a slaughter offering to cover our sin.
This made us able to die covered with the blood of Christ, to attain an immortal body during the ressurection.
This is what it means when Jesus is called, the second Adam, the life giving Adam.
Remember how in Romans 5 it is nicely explained how through one man (Adam) death came into creation, and through one man (Jesus) death was removed so we can attain immortality, everlasting life.

This is the story of the Trinity explained as one God THWH, which exists (The Father), with a Spirit (YHWH Kodesh Ruach, and the Word (Yashua, the Mind of YHWH.)
one God, three persons.

SA Huguenot

if I get time tomorrow, I will start to show what the Bible say about the Trinity.
never was the Trinity a concoction by Constantine, paul or pagan, but came out of the Bible!

SA Huguenot

OK, you believe in the traditional Christina belief in the Trinity. The actual description of the Trinity describes three distinct persons (Gods) as being one, A form of polytheism called tritheism Not much different from the Hindu belief that all the Gods are attributes of the One God Brahman.
When I seeked for the above evidence, I saw it dated from the 9th century.
Long after the new testament was concluded.
it is not a Traditional Christna believ, but what I understand from the Bible.

SA Huguenot

Trinity was explanation to those who was not able comprehend pure spiritual event and needed physical body to be present
so true,
Christians do not need to explain the Trinity.
They experience it.
They Worship God, know Jesus, and have the Spirit within them.
great, I forgot to make that point.
Only those that done know God, will ask an explanation of the Trinity.
TNX

SA Huguenot

So true, however, remember that what the objective is with this thread.
It is to show the Atheist and Muslim that the Christian concept of the Trinity is not one of 3gods, but God that has an Existence, a Mind, and a Spirit. and these 3 can leave by the will of God to act as God.
Just like Christians believe they have a Body, a Spirit and a Mind, but we are one.
Anyhow, what do you say as an Atheist.
Do you have a Body, Spirit and a Mind?

leov

so true,
Christians do not need to explain the Trinity.
They experience it.
They Worship God, know Jesus, and have the Spirit within them.
great, I forgot to make that point.
Only those that done know God, will ask an explanation of the Trinity.
TNX
Yes. St. Paul was a Gnostic and divided human natures in relationship to God into soul and spirit natures, soul nature only is able to see Demiurge part of the True God.

sealchan

I thought I should open a thread to discuss the Trinity to clarify the details to benefit my own thinking. I love to discuss such topics on forums like this, to get all the information sorted, and all the arguments noted.

The argument against the Trinity goes as such.

Trinitarians believe in 3 gods. The Trinity was concocted by Constantine, or some even claim that Paul invented the Trinity. The Unitarians again, they claim that the Trinity derived from Egyptian or Indian paganism.

Be as it may, I believe in the Trinity where God the Father is revealed as YHWH, He has a Word, who we know as Jesus, and a Spirit we call the Holy Ghost.

I am quite convinced from the Bible that YHWH is a Trinity, and to me it does not mean a polytheistic god at all.
Please note, If I believed the Trinity are 3 gods, I will be the first to condemn this concept.

With about 4 questions to anyone who claims the Trinity is inexplainable, and confusing to understand, everyone will be able to understand the Trinity.

Here is the first question.

Is there anything in the Universe that can be compared with the Trinity?

Christian apologists say it is not possible, because if there is anything we can compare with God, we will obviously have a second god.

It is a reasonable claim, but what does God say, can we compare Him to anything?

You can compare the term God with the following terms: Universe and consciousness. These are all "whole terms" which are terms meant to refer to the "set of all things" to use a mathematical expression.

There are certain standard problems when speaking rationally about whole terms such as the observer being contained within that set and how can one know or posit the set is complete.

In this way one can compare the concept of God to other concepts. Interestingly God, the Universe and Consciousness also form a trinity and one which could be seen as analogous to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Could it be that when contemplating the whole of reality, the human brain tends to fall into a trinitarian framework?

SA Huguenot

It is ancient concept, e.g. Osiris, Isis, Horus. Gnostics had it too, Unknowable Father, the First Thought - Logos, Sophia ….
Not true at all.
The Egyptians had Ogodads, primal gods etc.
Lets take your claim of Osiris, Isis and Horus.
Nun and Ra, the sky god and earth god had 6 children, osiris was married to his sister Isis, and Set to his sister nephytis.
Set killed Osiris, and Isis got hold of Osirises Phallus, and used it to get pregnant with Horus.
Now please explain to me the trinity here?
A mother, Father and Child god?
This is what Islam in the Quran thinks the Trinity is.
Your information comes from AchariahS, or DM Murdock, who was proven as ridicilous by Egyptologists and Historians.
There is no Trinity in the Egyptian mythology at all.

SA Huguenot

Yes. St. Paul was a Gnostic and divided human natures in relationship to God into soul and spirit natures, soul nature only is able to see Demiurge part of the True God.
evidence please.
Just as the accusation about the Egyptian Trinity, I could not find any support for this claim made by Robert price also.

SA Huguenot

You can compare the term God with the following terms: Universe and consciousness. These are all "whole terms" which are terms meant to refer to the "set of all things" to use a mathematical expression.

There are certain standard problems when speaking rationally about whole terms such as the observer being contained within that set and how can one know or posit the set is complete.

In this way one can compare the concept of God to other concepts. Interestingly God, the Universe and Consciousness also form a trinity and one which could be seen as analogous to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Could it be that when contemplating the whole of reality, the human brain tends to fall into a trinitarian framework?
Could be, but when one reads the Bible and sees the following claims.
1. man was made in the immage of God.
2. God can not die.
3. Adam was created immortal.
4. Adam had a "Mind of his own", free will.
5. Adam changed and started to age / die
6. man has a Spirit that can not die, and ends up in paradise of hell.
7. Jesus removed death, and He was the Word.
8. Jesus returned to the Father, and are one with the Father.
The Spirit and God is one.

Then it is easily explained through the concept of salvation.
Man is a trinity in the immage of the Existance, the Word, and Spirit.
One God, which Spirit and Word can leave at free will and act as YHWH.
And man a trinity of body, mind and spirit.

leov

Not true at all.
Nun and Ra, the sky god and earth god had 6 children, osiris was married to his sister Isis, and Set to his sister nephytis.
Set killed Osiris, and Isis got hold of Osirises Phallus, and used it to get pregnant with Horus.
Your information comes from AchariahS, or DM Murdock, who was proven as ridicilous by Egyptologists and Historians.
There are other views, for example, https://blackashefolks.blogspot.com/2011/10/tba_2160.htm, or what Matthew stated in the Gospel : “OUT OF EGYPT I CALLED MY SON.” which means Christology came from Egypt.

leov

evidence please.
Just as the accusation about the Egyptian Trinity, I could not find any support for this claim made by Robert price also.
14"But a natural [soul in Greek] man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. 15But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one. " That is how Paul organized his entire ministry, considering spiritual element co-equal to himself.

leov

Not true at all.
Deeper information comes from people like Rudolf Steiner. Pagels. And my own intuition.

lostwanderingsoul

I do not see why people cannot grasp the idea of "God" beibg like a family. In a family you can have a husband and a wife and one or more children. They are all completely separate people but they make up one family. "God" is one :God" but there are more than one "person" in that one "God" just like there are more than one person in that one family. In fact God says we can all become part of His family. So "God" MAY consist of millions of "persons", not just three.

SA Huguenot

There are other views, for example, https://blackashefolks.blogspot.com/2011/10/tba_2160.htm, or what Matthew stated in the Gospel : “OUT OF EGYPT I CALLED MY SON.” which means Christology came from Egypt.
Or Jesus came from Egypt.
Or Israel came from Egypt.
What a huge step to claim Christology came from Egypt.
Evidence please on what about Egyptiam mythology has relationjs to jesus.
I will appreciate it for I have been searching for quite a while on such claims with no success.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I thought I should open a thread to discuss the Trinity to clarify the details to benefit my own thinking. I love to discuss such topics on forums like this, to get all the information sorted, and all the arguments noted.

The argument against the Trinity goes as such.

Trinitarians believe in 3 gods. The Trinity was concocted by Constantine, or some even claim that Paul invented the Trinity. The Unitarians again, they claim that the Trinity derived from Egyptian or Indian paganism.

Be as it may, I believe in the Trinity where God the Father is revealed as YHWH, He has a Word, who we know as Jesus, and a Spirit we call the Holy Ghost.

I am quite convinced from the Bible that YHWH is a Trinity, and to me it does not mean a polytheistic god at all.
Please note, If I believed the Trinity are 3 gods, I will be the first to condemn this concept.

With about 4 questions to anyone who claims the Trinity is inexplainable, and confusing to understand, everyone will be able to understand the Trinity.

Here is the first question.

Is there anything in the Universe that can be compared with the Trinity?

Christian apologists say it is not possible, because if there is anything we can compare with God, we will obviously have a second god.

It is a reasonable claim, but what does God say, can we compare Him to anything?

The Bible, not Rome, first taught the trinitarian nature of God.

There are many things that can be compared to a trinity, for example, I'm a son and also a father, without conflict, and the Bible uses marriage, where man, woman and God are three like-minded persons, yet with different personalities.