• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the Relationship between Christians and Israel?

InChrist

Free4ever
Odd ww2 Germany was filled with a lot of Nazi religious folk.
Religious folks or even many "Christians" are not necessarily in line with the scriptures, such as those who adhere to replacement theology thinking that the church has replaced Israel.

Neutral Name

I am not saying they are but historically they have let themselves be used by various governments like the Russians and the British if they had something to gain from it. There is a long history of brown-nosing just like the Evangelical Christians like to brown-nose Israel. Because they think it is to their advantage.

I thought you were joking. What advantage would working with governments give them?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
i see a lot on the news about Christians being concerned about what goes on in Israel, like when the U.S. Embassy was moved to Jerusalem. I know that Jesus was Jewish but is there any other reason Christians are very interested in Israel?
I'd like to go shopping there. Also there are interesting places I'd visit. I'd like to see some of the festivals, too. I've heard they are something to behold.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And now we all enjoy everlasting world peace...right?

Prior to world war One, all the world was summoned by the 'Lord of Hosts', to partake of the 'Most Great Peace'. When the world neglected those messages or they refused to submit, it was then foretold about the 2 great conflicts to come and the result would be disunity and further bloodshed.

This is that Summons given from a prison cell in Akka where Mt Carmel was to see the 'Glory of the Lord'.

The Summons of the Lord of Hosts | Bahá’í Reference Library

Peace is always our option, God gives the way and we have free will to choose to follow that way, or suffer our choices. History has proved this so, as all Faiths still await their King and Conquer, they will forever wait.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why was it important to you? I notice that you are a believer in Bahá'í.

My Love for Christ is unlimited it knows no boundary, we can be caught by the veil of names. That is one of the clouds Christ returns upon. Consider, Jesus as the Christ, said he would come with a new name and no one would accept that new name unless they recognised Christ in the Father

Christ is the Holy Spirit, thus who am I to reject who God chooses to gives that to. All I can do is know them by their fruits and make sure I am just in that search.

All good comes through Christ from God.

Regards Tony

74x12

i see a lot on the news about Christians being concerned about what goes on in Israel, like when the U.S. Embassy was moved to Jerusalem. I know that Jesus was Jewish but is there any other reason Christians are very interested in Israel?
They consider the Jewish people special, chosen of God.

I believe they take it too far by blindly supporting the Israeli government without regard for right and wrong. God is no respecter of persons.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Bahai's have their HQ in Israel and are suspected of being agents of Mossad.

Ha ha. :hugehug:
That Akka and Mount Carmel can now be seen as the New Jerusalem. A place where all nations flow up the mountain of the Lord and that the Law goes out from Zion, is remarkable in biblical prophecy.

As this is a discussion and not a debate. I offer that there is a lot happening in this world that we have not considered. A bit like Christ coming like a thief in the night.

Always good to have a discussion on all these issues.

Regards Tony

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Ha ha. :hugehug:
That Akka and Mount Carmel can now be seen as the New Jerusalem. A place where all nations flow up the mountain of the Lord and that the Law goes out from Zion, is remarkable in biblical prophecy.

As this is a discussion and not a debate. I offer that there is a lot happening in this world that we have not considered. A bit like Christ coming like a thief in the night.

Always good to have a discussion on all these issues.

Regards Tony
I am not debating I am informing the OP and this forum is not for proselytization which you keep doing.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not debating I am informing the OP and this forum is not for proselytization which you keep doing.

Thus a fair response to wrong information, is more than justified as you brought it up.

It is fair and reasonable, since I am a devoted lover of Jesus the Christ and to show why that Christ based understanding, is related to Israel.

Regards Tony

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Evangelicals thinking that the Jews having control of Israel again is a sign of the end times is the main reason. Oh, and their hatred of Muslims.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
The Levant is the Christian homeland. We still have communities there that go all the way back to the first century AD. Many of our holy sites and places of pilgrimage are there. It only makes sense that we have concern for the place our religion was born in.

Shiranui117

Premium Member
Evangelicals thinking that the Jews having control of Israel again is a sign of the end times is the main reason. Oh, and their hatred of Muslims.
It's definitely the main reason why the Evangelical Protestants care. For Catholics and Orthodox there are far more practical and real-world reasons that don't have to do with fetishizing Armageddon.

Jeremiah Ames

Money.
You’ll notice the vocal ones have large followings that send them lots of money. I won’t name names.

Shiranui117

Premium Member
No it's not. Europe is.
Christianity was born in the Middle East, and 3 of 5 major ancient centers of Christianity are located in Egypt, Syria and Palestine. Europe may be the homeland for Western Christianity, but for Christianity as a whole and Eastern Christianity especially, it is and has been the Levant.

dianaiad

Depends upon the Christians concerned. I have seen many Christians just as anti-Semetic as Luther and many other Christian leaders have been, and still are.

I have seen many, many more who embrace Jews as brothers and 'elder' brothers...and they are looking to Israel and attempting to match what is happening there to what they perceive to be the fulfillment of biblical prophecies.

Now me?

Hey. I love and admire the Jews. I don't think that there is any other group of people who have gone through so much, and kept their identity so well. I couldn't find a 'nice Jewish boy' for one of my daughters to marry, though I would have been quite happy.

If he had converted, of course.

Jews are a little wary of us, mind you, but hey, that's understandable.

What I DO see is that 'Christian" or not, my perception is that the worry is most divided between political stands, not religious ones, these days. Liberals don't like Israel. Conservatives love her.

I think? A people who has waited in exile for two thousand years has earned their nation.