• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the purpose of kippah hats?

sovietchild

Because until the destruction of the temple, there were other places to access. When the temple was destroyed, the vestige of God's presence remained on that section of wall. However, it is just an external wall. The Eastern wall is actually older IIRC.

It became religious. So, the chances are the kipa hat probably became religious too.

rosends

It became religious. So, the chances are the kipa hat probably became religious too.
No, the wall became a central focus of religion when the temple fell but the kippah is unrelated to the destruction of the temple so your analogy fails. Also, "the chances are" is simply a projection by you. There are no stated odds or chances to cite here.

Try again.

I note that you didn't respond to my earlier explanation. Shocking.

sovietchild

No, the wall became a central focus of religion when the temple fell but the kippah is unrelated to the destruction of the temple so your analogy fails. Also, "the chances are" is simply a projection by you. There are no stated odds or chances to cite here.

Try again.

I note that you didn't respond to my earlier explanation. Shocking.

Yes, I like how you stated something about wearing a hat, but I chose not to buy the rest. I need a hat that protects my entire head, not just the top of my skull.

Spandex-Net-Dome-Cap-Elastic-Wig-Cap30012.jpg

I use this hat at the gym, it keeps my hair in check. It's a tool.

Last edited:

rosends

Yes, I like how you stated something about wearing a hat, but I chose not to buy the rest. I need a hat that protects my entire head, not just the top of my skull.
You choose not to buy the rest? OK, I choose not to buy your claim that you wear a hat or even go to the gym.

sovietchild

You choose not to buy the rest? OK, I choose not to buy your claim that you wear a hat or even go to the gym.

At list I agreed with you on something. Did you agree with me on this theory? Didn't you give me 0.00% chance that there is a connection between the hat and the bald spot? At list 50/50, don't you think so?

I am not trying to say. I am saying that it is just a cerimonial hat.

What is your take? Do you think there is a connection between that hat and the bald spot?

It's really obvious.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
What is your take? Do you think there is a connection between that hat and the bald spot?

It's really obvious.
I think I told you three times already that there is no such connection.

And yes, it is really obvious, albeit not how you want to imply.

sovietchild

I think I told you three times already that there is no such connection.

And yes, it is really obvious, albeit not how you want to imply.

So, how do you think it got originated, then? One can't just start a car and drive 100MPH, one still have to accelerate. Some guy started to rock the hat and it became popular, that's my bet.

sovietchild

Now, I think I understand where this hairstyle fashion came from.

hqdefault.jpg

an-ultra-orthodox-jew-has-a-hair-cut-before-celebrations-for-the-new-picture-id104211184

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Why do you keep saying you have the asnwer, but don't want to post it? Is it really that treasurable?
Because
A) It is something that you can quite easily search for.
B) I am quite disinclined to answer your blatantly disrespectful, rude, and asinine question
C) Answers were given to you, and you have ignored them - leading me to believe that any answer given will be a waste of time

But most of all:

D) It's the same reason for your religion's headwear, and it's absolutely priceless that you don't seem to know the reason or origin behind something in your own faith system.

Sakeenah

You know how some religious people were kippah hats, right? Does it have a religious aspect to it, or is it designed to cover one's bald spot?

b8mnux.png

bald-spots-linked-cancer-800x600.jpg

A lot of muslim men wear something similar for religious reasons. Covering the head with a kuffi,turban is a sunnah (prophetic tradition in Islam).
Why did you just mention the kippah hats and not the kuffi hats? Don't you think that's a bit hypocritical?

Ramadan will start in a few days, it's a month of reflection,change. I hope you'll take some time to reflect and stop trolling.

sovietchild

A lot of muslim men wear something similar for religious reasons. Covering the head with a kuffi,turban is a sunnah (prophetic tradition in Islam).
Why did you just mention the kippah hats and not the kuffi hats? Don't you think that's a bit hypocritical?

Ramadan will start in a few days, it's a month of reflection,change. I hope you'll take some time to reflect and stop trolling.

Kuffi hats and turbans cover entire head.

I am a mirror of you. :)

By the way, don't try harassment on me, it does not work.

Last edited: