• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the purpose of kippah hats?

sovietchild

You know how some religious people were kippah hats, right? Does it have a religious aspect to it, or is it designed to cover one's bald spot?

b8mnux.png

bald-spots-linked-cancer-800x600.jpg

rosends

If you look up the history, you will find that the bald spot was discovered in 28CE, in the far east. However, the Jewish iteration of the skullcap predates that by approximately, 400 years and was innovated in the Middle East! The two found each other when introduced in the year 103 by Sunburn, who was a mutual friend and sensed that the two would be fast friends.

And the rest is history.

Tumah

Veteran Member
My mother used to have a friend who was Israeli descent and he had a bald spot.
Bald spots, like body hair are common among men of all ethnic types.

Does a slim chance seem reasonable to you?
No. The kippah is one type of head covering worn by Jews. Others are much larger.

Turban - Wikipedia
Sudra (headdress) - Wikipedia
Keffiyeh - Wikipedia
Jewish hat - Wikipedia
Kashket - Wikipedia
Kolpik - Wikipedia
Shtreimel - Wikipedia
Spodik - Wikipedia
Kippah - Wikipedia

And others which don't appear to be on wikipedia...

Jewish hat - Wikipedia

The type that you see in the picture, is just one type worn today (and perhaps the smallest sized that it can be and still perform its function). Many others where other types and sizes.

sovietchild

If you look up the history, you will find that the bald spot was discovered in 28CE, in the far east. However, the Jewish iteration of the skullcap predates that by approximately, 400 years and was innovated in the Middle East! The two found each other when introduced in the year 103 by Sunburn, who was a mutual friend and sensed that the two would be fast friends.

And the rest is history.

A hat which perfectly covers one's bald spot, do you not see the connection?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Why are you chatting about something else altogether?
I'm showing you your flawed logic.

Not that it's any use because you've already demonstrated over and over and over and over and over and over and over your lack of logic, yet you persist.

Last edited:

sovietchild

I'm showing you your flawed logic.

Not that it's any use because you've already demonstrated over and over and over and over and over and over and over your lack of logic, yet you persist.

How is it a flawed theory? A hat which perfectly covers one's bald spot, do you not see the connection?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
How is it a flawed theory? A hat which perfectly covers one's bald spot, do you not see the connection?
Your finger fits perfectly up your nose, do you not see the connexion?

Last edited:

sovietchild

The second sentence of the linked article in the second post of this thread answered that question.

"A symbol of their awareness of a "higher" entity"

Does that seem reasonable to you? A hat which perfectly covers one's bald spot, do you not see the connection?