• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is the only thing that God did not create?

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
So, this bring us back to the original post. Definitively God created the universe. Or even if you believe in the big bang, how would you call that unstopable moment that was passing during the creation of the universe?
This is what I've been saying. At all points in time, the universe existed. Saying that there was a single moment in which the universe was created leads to contradiction.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
In this case, it does. Sorry. :D (There's a bunch of mathematics behind the idea that it's not worth going into, since both of us will get lost)

I would disagree with this until i checked how people came to this conclusion. Anyway, i suppose we have better things to do than trying to figure this out. :D

PolyHedral said:
Under the current models, it does not make sense to say the universe was created, because the universe includes time as a component. There was no point where time and therefore the universe did not exist.

So you mean that time is a part of the universe, so there was nothing before it. I am having a hard time trying to imagine this.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
In order for God to think, time must exist before He does.
In order for time to exist, spacetime must exist.
In order for spacetime to exist, the big bang must have happened.
It is therefore impossible for God to have created the universe. (Unless God is [youtube]vY_Ry8J_jdw[/youtube]
the Doctor, which is unlikely.)

I disagree.....

Mike214

The best way to cope with this dilemma is accepting the truth. God and Time are the same and always existed. The only thing new was the concept of time for the purpose of measuring events. If you disassociate yourself from the idea of measuring the duration of particular events and look at time as a whole, you will have a better understanding of God's true nature. Forget the duration of events, and try to visualize the continuos and eternal time in its universal dimension.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Then stop using redundant terms. There's no reason to have semi-mystical notions about "God" when "spacetime" describes the exact same thing.

outhouse

Atheistically
I would disagree with this until i checked how people came to this conclusion. Anyway, i suppose we have better things to do than trying to figure this out. :D

So you mean that time is a part of the universe, so there was nothing before it. I am having a hard time trying to imagine this.

heres the simple version

we are two dimesional creatures living in a multi dimensional universe.

its hard to wrap your head around that I know, we see space and time. There is a great possibility an almost certainty that there is more. Its fact I believe among those who are educated in the field

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Events on the microscopic scale take place entirely at random, with no possible cause. Although it's true that all causes lead to effects, not all effects have traceable causes.

I don't believe that.

And no one should.

Cause and effect are two sides of the same coin.
Can't have one without the other.

That you can't trace it...doesn't mean it's not there.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
heres the simple version

we are two dimesional creatures living in a multi dimensional universe.

its hard to wrap your head around that I know, we see space and time. There is a great possibility an almost certainty that there is more. Its fact I believe among those who are educated in the field

We are...in a three dimensional reality.

The rest of the dimensions are on a chalkboard...along with the quotient we call 'time'.

Time is not a substance...nor a force.
It is a number...a measurement...nothing more.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
I don't believe that.

And no one should.

Cause and effect are two sides of the same coin.
Can't have one without the other.

That you can't trace it...doesn't mean it's not there.
It is what is implied by the uncertainty principle. Random, causeless effects are unavoidable, because no system can be measured perfectly, no matter how perfect the apparatus used.

We are...in a three dimensional reality.
Four. :D

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It is what is implied by the uncertainty principle. Random, causeless effects are unavoidable, because no system can be measured perfectly, no matter how perfect the apparatus used.

Four. :D

And of course...four ...refers to that measurement I mentioned earlier.

And principles that are uncertain......are certain of what? (rhetorical)

Mike214

Then stop using redundant terms. There's no reason to have semi-mystical notions about "God" when "spacetime" describes the exact same thing.
I never mentioned space. Or you believe that everything that you see is God. Are you suggesting that God is evolving as our universe? Are you suggesting that you are God rather than part of His creation? The only thing that you posses from God is His Spirit which makes you live in Him, not your sinful body.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
I never mentioned space. Or you believe that everything that you see is God. Are you suggesting that God is evolving as our universe? Are you suggesting that you are God rather than part of His creation? The only thing that you posses from God is His Spirit which makes you live in Him, not your sinful body.
I am suggesting that "time" is also a vague notion. Spacetime is the more useful construct.

Statements like "God is time" are silly, because it means you are inventing terms where they don't need to be invented.

Mike214

I am suggesting that "time" is also a vague notion. Spacetime is the more useful construct.

Statements like "God is time" are silly, because it means you are inventing terms where they don't need to be invented.

I haven't invented anything. That is one of the cornestones of my church's doctrine, and one of my strongest convictions. Silly may be trying to refute another person's belief without convincing evidences. However, we believe that your viewpoint is also acceptable. There is no right or wrong, but variable perspectives, as Escalona, The Last Prophecy's author states.

Last edited: