• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the ONE AND ONLY TRUE CHRISTIAN FAITH?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Yeah! Go ahead and take a stab at this one. I got your back. ( NOT!)
My mum was a J.W. and a really baaaaaad one. She was somewhat simple minded
and very uneducated thus easy "prey".
Dad couldn't care less about religious affiliation but did believe in God and did seem
please that about age 12 or so I asked if I could pray thanks to "God" for our meals
and blessings.
Mother was a freaking psycho that scared my younger sis and I by saying "jehovah is
going to send birds of the air to peck your eyes out if you don't go the the Kingdom
Hall with me."

Well now I HATED that freaking "god".
Mom was brain washed and she was easy pickings.
I still associate myself with J.W. though I'm Baptized in a Church of Christ.
I suppose I'm doomed because of being baptized in a "false religion" according to
J.W. dogma.
Wonder how many people are suffering from fringe religion indoctrination????

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
There is no true Christian belief; they're all wrong...

Christianity is based on Paul and Simon the stone's ministry, with John used to back it up; which means it has no foundations with Christ, and is basically anti-Christ teachings, when compared to the synoptic gospels.

As for fringe christian indoctrination been there most of my life, which is why spent the time to read and question the book for myself, those are our findings. :innocent:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Obviously, as a Mormon, I would like to be able to say that the answer is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Actually, though, at the end of the day, any church which is run by human beings (and that pretty much is everybody's, including mine) is going to be flawed to one extent or another. People aren't perfect and they make mistakes. I guess the reason God didn't pick perfect people to be in charge is that there aren't any. :(

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Dad couldn't care less about religious affiliation but did believe in God and did seem
please that about age 12 or so I asked if I could pray thanks to "God" for our meals
and blessings.
Mother was a freaking psycho that scared my younger sis and I by saying "jehovah is
going to send birds of the air to peck your eyes out if you don't go the the Kingdom
Hall with me."

I suppose I'm doomed because of being baptized in a "false religion" according to
J.W. dogma.
That's easy.

Its the only one designated as being the one and only true Christian faith!

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
"What is the ONE AND ONLY TRUE CHRISTIAN FAITH?"

Impossible to know at this point.

Not only do we have the Nicene Councils, we also have debate over the meanings of the texts they did choose.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Easy prey to whom? God or the devil?
Education and intellect have nothing to do with the heart, which is what God judges.....actions and words come from the heart.
If the heart is wicked, then so will be the conduct of the individual. Christ left the model...who can offer an excuse to God as to why they did not follow it?

and blessings.

Another great role model. o_O

Hall with me."

Again...easy pickings for whom? God or the devil?

Good grief, how do you judge JW's on the conduct of your "simple minded" "freaking psycho" of a mother?
Does Judas represent Christianity? :confused:

Did she remain a Witness? I am guessing that she didn't. You need the aid of God's spirit to remain a true Christian, as opposed to those who simply wear a label whilst doing as they please.

J.W. dogma.

Unless you can surrender yourself unreservedly to the true God, you will remain on the fringes I suppose. If you are unconvinced, then you will remain uncommitted. Baptism is a commitment. Was your baptism into The Church of Christ a commitment? You don't sound very committed. :rolleyes:

It was pointed out in an illustration once that the world is like the Titanic...many are convinced that it is unsinkable and some, even when they see it sinking, believe that they can stay on it just a little longer and jump off at the last moment....but when it goes down, if you are not a safe enough distance away, you will get sucked down with the ship when it finally goes to the bottom. The lifeboats are all there practically empty because "few" actually believe that they need to leave the ship and others are still floating way too close. Some want to ramp up the music so they can't hear the groaning and the water gushing in. :(
Denial seems to be epidemic.

Adults can sit around and whine about their past and blame everyone else for their misfortunes, but at the end of the day. WE are all in the driver's seat of our own vehicle. WE are responsible for our own actions and decisions....WE are the only ones who can change the way WE think. Only the very weak minded will put all the blame on someone else for the unacceptable way they behave. What do they call it? "Stinkin' thinkin'"?
It's fixable, but not with the wrong 'spirit'. This is a recipe for substance abuse if ever I heard it.

The "poor me" attitude just makes me mad. :mad: You gotta have a backbone, not a wishbone. Christians have to have courage and it is supplied in rich measure by the most powerful entity in existence. Tap into that power and you can conquer anything, just like Jesus and his apostles did.

jeager106

Premium Member
Mother was easy prey for anyone with a slightly convincing sales pitch be it
religion or politics.
I think she maintained belief in J.W. doctrine out of fear.
Yes she was eventually disfellowshipped yet maintained she was a J.W. any way.
I can't recall but she may have been reinstated after a year of being shunned
by other witnesses.
Many "misdeeds" can get a J.W. booted. See
:http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/disfellowship-shunning.php#reasons

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I know exactly what gets people "booted" and rightly so.

If the first century Christians got "booted" for breaking God's laws and transgressing the teachings of the Christ, then what changes over time?
Do those things become less serious because we live in more permissive times? Does God change his standards so that we can do as we please now?
The shepherds are fully authorized by God to judge those "inside" the congregation, whilst God judges those "outside".

1 Cor 5:9-13:
" In my letter I wrote you to stop keeping company with sexually immoral people, 10 not meaning entirely with the sexually immoral people of this world or the greedy people or extortioners or idolaters. Otherwise, you would actually have to get out of the world. 11 But now I am writing you to stop keeping company with anyone called a brother who is sexually immoral or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. 12 For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do you not judge those inside, 13 while God judges those outside? “Remove the wicked person from among yourselves.

I don't see any room for lawbreakers there...do you?

Those who pushed their own ideas on others were likewise disciplined.

2 John 9-11:
"Everyone who pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. The one who does remain in this teaching is the one who has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For the one who says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works."

Discipline is sometimes hard to cop, but it is done with a purpose, as Paul states....

Heb 12:11:
"True, no discipline seems for the present to be joyous, but grievous; yet afterward to those who have been trained by it it yields peaceable fruit, namely, righteousness."

Isn't this why we discipline our own children? We don't do it because we hate them.

We have shepherds for a reason and they are accountable, just as we are. If they are negligent and one lamb is lost, they will answer to God for it. Our submission to their lead will aid in the smooth running of the congregation. God hates rebels.

Heb 13:17:
"Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you and be submissive, for they are keeping watch over you as those who will render an account, so that they may do this with joy and not with sighing, for this would be damaging to you."

Those who wish to avail themselves of knowledge from our opposers will be ill-informed, just as many first century Jews were ill-informed about Jesus and his disciples. It is so easy to twist a half truth into an outright lie.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
and blessings.
Hall with me."

J.W. dogma.

I'd say it's inherent to the gift of free will, that we are free to choose a certain extent of details in our faith in God, or even choose faith in blind chance if we prefer.

i.e. we have the right to choose to be dead wrong, can it work any other way? What meaning does knowing truth have if we have no option to believe otherwise?

rusra02

Premium Member
I believe the one true Christian Faith is the one that follows the model Jesus left us. (1 Peter 2:21) They worship the one true God Jehovah as Jesus did. They love their neighbor as themselves and are no part of the world, as Jesus commanded. (John 17:14-16) How is this displayed in practice? During World War ll, virtually every religion was involved in the bloodletting, except for Jehovah's witnesses. Many witnesses were imprisoned and executed for refusing military service in Hitler's army, while many in the U.S. And Britian were imprisoned for the same reason.

jeager106

Premium Member
I believe the one true Christian Faith is the one that follows the model Jesus left us. (1 Peter 2:21) They worship the one true God Jehovah as Jesus did. They love their neighbor as themselves and are no part of the world, as Jesus commanded. (John 17:14-16) How is this displayed in practice? During World War ll, virtually every religion was involved in the bloodletting, except for Jehovah's witnesses. Many witnesses were imprisoned and executed for refusing military service in Hitler's army, while many in the U.S. And Britian were imprisoned for the same reason.

Noble indeed. I applaud the strength of character those brave men displayed in the
face of HUGE opposition from the general populace.
My mothers brothers refused to serve in the military during WWII. Cowards they
were NOT. They went to prison.
My father went to war, served in a light tank in the European Theater, was wounded
several times. None of his buddies survived. He died an alcoholic.
He had 3 brothers in the fighting conflict. They ALL died of alcohol related illnesses yet
all four brothers were good working men and fathers but the booze (or the War)
finally got them.
I love all my uncles. The ones that bravely served fighting evil in the War and
those that served fighting evil from prison!
When the draft came for Viet Nam by father tried to get me to flee to Canada to
avoid the hell he went through.
I didn't, couldn't do that, but somehow never got drafted.

As side note. I know a J.W. who did serve when drafted as he couldn't stand the
thoughts of prison. He went to VietNam in the infantry and is sure he killed many
communists. He was disfellowshipped for that but re-instated after a year of shunning.
He said the shunning was worse than combat.

The true christian are Tawhid christian.

They accept God Is One & Prophet Jesus in God Messenger like adam,noah,moses and other prophet

And they reject trinity faith........

Indeed, those who believed and those who were Jews or Christians or Sabeans [before Prophet Muhammad] - those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness - will have their reward with their Lord, and no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve. (Holy Quran 2.62)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
The true christian are Tawhid christian.

They accept God Is One & Prophet Jesus in God Messenger like adam,noah,moses and other prophet

And they reject trinity faith........

Indeed, those who believed and those who were Jews or Christians or Sabeans [before Prophet Muhammad] - those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness - will have their reward with their Lord, and no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve. (Holy Quran 2.62)
In other words, they're not Christians at all. :rolleyes:

Kelly of the Phoenix

It was pointed out in an illustration once that the world is like the Titanic...many are convinced that it is unsinkable and some, even when they see it sinking, believe that they can stay on it just a little longer and jump off at the last moment....but when it goes down, if you are not a safe enough distance away, you will get sucked down with the ship when it finally goes to the bottom. The lifeboats are all there practically empty because "few" actually believe that they need to leave the ship and others are still floating way too close. Some want to ramp up the music so they can't hear the groaning and the water gushing in. :(
Denial seems to be epidemic.
And like the boat, Christianity promotes itself as the most awesome thing ever and then cheaps out on the lifeboats after missing the humongous chunk of ice coming right for them...

" In my letter I wrote you to stop keeping company with sexually immoral people,
A letter not written by Jesus, who regularly hung out with sinners, might I add...

Since everyone sins, you shouldn't even be able to have yourself in the room of the saved. Heaven must be a lonely place.

Tawhid Christian Will enter paradise they are the true christian who follow the Truth.........

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. (Deuteronomy 6:4)

Trinity is False and Tawhid is the truth, but off course majority people will reject Tawhid.....

you have free choice

God Is One That Is The Truth

Ubadah bin As-Samit (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "He who bears witness that there is no true god except Allah, alone having no partner with Him, that Muhammad is His slave and His Messenger, that `Isa (Jesus) is His slave and Messenger and he (Jesus) is His Word which He communicated to Maryam (Mary) and His spirit which He sent to her, that Jannah is true and Hell is true; Allah will make him enter Jannah paradise accepting whatever deeds he accomplished". [Sahih Hadith Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

none of the current ones are, all the current stances of Christianity do not 100% follow the bible. All of them have cherry picked the bible or decided that certain aspects of the bible are not to be taken literal because literal following would put tons of them in jail or prison for life.