• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the nature of “nature”?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What is the nature of “nature”?
Please
Regards

The thread was conceptualized from post #131 in another thread:
"supernatural"
There is no supernatural, all created by G-d is only natural.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
To me, "nature" is all existence. It's not just "out in the woods" or "out on a lake" as many that follow an EBP might lead you to believe. If I'm in my house sitting in front of my computer typing this, I'm already "out in nature".

I do like the discussion on "supernatural". For me, the only supernatural is that which has not yet occurred within nature. Once it has occurred in nature, it, by default, becomes nature. So by that description, I cannot think of anything that is supernatural.

HeatherAnn

Nature:
1. the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations
2. the basic or inherent features of something, especially when seen as characteristic of it

I liked this definition: nature is observed laws, like habits... and then intelligence (the ability to adapt to change) is the breaking out of those habits to try something new - to evolve. This intelligence that finds ways of breaking such laws to evolve, reveals intelligent design. ;)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Nature:
1. the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations..........................
;)
Anthropoligists might agree, or not..... but I think that humans are definitely right there, within 'Nature'. There is nothing that humans can do to avoid being a part of Nature.

HeatherAnn

Anthropoligists might agree, or not..... but I think that humans are definitely right there, within 'Nature'. There is nothing that humans can do to avoid being a part of Nature.
Yes, I agree, I guess it just depends on what aspects of nature you want to discuss, but definitely there's "human nature."
Still, I when I say, I'm going to go walk in nature, most people understand that to be around plants, landscape, earth, and not a crowd of people.

As to the nature of nature - no doubt it is incredibly intelligent.