• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the language spoken in heaven/hell?

jamesmorrow

I don't know why , there is some Muslim scholars whom said that , i will verify if this matter found in Quran or Hadiths .

it's very problely not sure , but if it's will be, maybe because it's langauge of God to his last Holy Book to his last Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

but what is sure that God will speak and juge everyone with his own langauge .

but historically the book of mormon is god's last/latest holy book and joseph smith(pbuh) is his last/latest prophet.....so wouldnt it be english?.....or is your reasoning only based on your personal belief, and your personal rejection of mormonism.?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
but historically the book of mormon is god's last/latest holy book and joseph smith(pbuh) is his last/latest prophet.
That's not correct. Mormons have never claimed that Joseph Smith is God's last prophet or that God is no longer communicating with mankind.

jamesmorrow

That's not correct. Mormons have never claimed that Joseph Smith is God's last prophet or that God is no longer communicating with mankind.

1. you claim that joseph smith(mormon peace be upon him), the founder of mormonism, was a prophet of god, much like godobeyer claims that muhammad(muslim peace be upon him), the founder of islam, was a prophet of god,

2.you claim that the book of mormon was/is a "holybook" of god, much like godobeyer claims that the quran was/is a "holybook" of god.

as far as godobeyer(muslim) and i(atheist) are concerned thats all that matters to our discussion on god's LATEST prophet/holybook, as you mormons hold the title of LATEST prophet/holybook, not muslims as godobeyer claims.

Last edited:

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
1. you claim that joseph smith(mormon peace be upon him), the founder of mormonism, was a prophet of god, much like godobeyer claims that muhammad(muslim peace be upon him), the founder of islam, was a prophet of god,

2.you claim that the book of mormon was/is a "holybook" of god, much like godobeyer claims that the quran was/is a "holybook" of god.

as far as godobeyer(muslim) and i(atheist) are concerned thats all that matters to our discussion on god's LATEST prophet/holybook, as you mormons hold the title of LATEST prophet/holybook, not muslims as godobeyer claims.

If you're going by that criteria, the latest religion with a holy book/prophet etc is Baha'i. So perhaps they speak Persian in heaven?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

accuatly there are signs (proofs ) from the Bible that God , will sent other prophet from other nation (not jews )
maybe because the jews deny some of his prophets or laws ....etc
I have two verses mention to God will deny the jews , one in OT ,and other in NT

De 32:21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people;
I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.
Mt 21:43 43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

NT said that Jesus (pbuh) that new conforter will come and teach new things .

John (Chapters 14, 15, 16) Jesus spoke of the "Paraclete" or comforter who will come after him, who will be sent by Father as another Paraclete, who will teach new things

here the Question , if Jesus (pbuh) was the last one , why the Bible said some one will come teach new things !!!! .

and did you see this video ? about Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned by the name in hebrew Bible song of songs ?
[youtube]cur_6aYs_7k[/youtube]
The absolute truth about Muhammad in the bible: Rabbis who acknowledging the fact and...PART 1 - YouTube

gnostic

The Lost One
student of x said:
Based on my all-too-brief time in Heaven, I would say it's telepathic communication.

robo said:
Seems much better than a spoken language.

Also, no chance of miscommunication!

Did you know when we "think" we usually think in the languages that we commonly used. Like I always in English. Even though I am Chinese, and I can speak a little bit in Cantonese, I never think in Cantonese.

Even should someone who is telepathic, and only speak in English, he wouldn't be able to understand another person who speak & think in another language, like French or Russian or Arabic. So any telepathic ability is actually limited. Telepathic won't break down the language barriers.

So of course, there would be a chance of misunderstanding, even with mind reading.

Last edited:

Man of Faith

It is written that on the day of Pentacost, when a believer was speaking, everybody heard it in their own language. Let's not forget the power of God.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon

James, I'm having a difficult time understanding you, so I apologize if I'm missing your point. Mormons believe that there have been fiften prophets since Joseph Smith, and that each of them is in the same position as Joseph Smith was to receive revelation from God. When God does give a revelation to one of His living prophets, it is added to a book known as The Doctrine and Covenants, which we hold to be scripture to the same extent as we hold the Bible and The Book of Mormon to be scripture.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
There never has been a rule that there can only be one Prophet at a time, or that the line of prophest has ended.

The early church recognised many prophets and taught how they should he recognised and treated.

From Didache......
13:1 Every true prophet who desires to settle among you is worthy of his food. 2 Likewise, a true teacher also is worthy, but like the craftsman, he works for his living. 3 Therefore, take the first-fruits of every product of the wine-press and threshing-floor, of oxen and sheep, and give it to the prophets, for they are your chief priests. 4 And if you have no prophet, give it to the poor. 5 If you make bread, take the first-fruits and give according to the commandment. 6 In like manner, when you open a jar of wine or oil, take the first-fruits and give it to the prophets. 7 Yes, and of money and clothing and every possession, take the first-fruits, as seems good to you, and give according to the commandment.

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
The language on heaven would be love.

On hell, I am sure there wouldn´t be much real communication.