• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the language spoken in heaven/hell?

robo

Hello all:

This is a question for those who believe in a literal heaven/hell where following the Day of Judgement, all of us will be resurrected and asked to account for our actions.

Will we be able to converse in heaven/hell with fellow inmates?

If yes, what would be the lingua franca in heaven/hell?

If there is going to be just one language spoken in heaven/hell, how will those of us who were not born into this language be able to understand who says what or what is going on, etc.?

Will there be translators, for instance, as happens in sessions of the United Nations?

jamesmorrow

Hello all:

This is a question for those who believe in a literal heaven/hell where following the Day of Judgement, all of us will be resurrected and asked to account for our actions.

Will we be able to converse in heaven/hell with fellow inmates?

If yes, what would be the lingua franca in heaven/hell?

If there is going to be just one language spoken in heaven/hell, how will those of us who were not born into this language be able to understand who says what or what is going on, etc.?

Will there be translators, for instance, as happens in sessions of the United Nations?

god will "un-babel" us and we will all speak that same language we spoke when we built the tower of babel

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I assume that Quenya, the language of the High Elves, will be spoken in heaven, and the language of Mordor (the Black speech) will be spoken in hell. It's just a hunch of mine.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I honestly don't understand these kinds of inane questions. I suspect the OP is intended as clever rhetorical bait, but it strikes me as more adolescent than clever.

On the other hand, Quenya hasn't been used by the Daoine Sidhe since the thirteenth century. :rolleyes:

robo

I honestly don't understand these kinds of inane questions. I suspect the OP is intended as clever rhetorical bait, but it strikes me as more adolescent than clever.

On the other hand, Quenya hasn't been used by the Daoine Sidhe since the thirteenth century. :rolleyes:

Hello Jay:

[You and I seem to be having quite a few run-ins of late...In any case, here is my answer in all earnestness.]

Yesterday on a different thread, I was rudely told that the Islamic hell is ABSOLUTELY REAL and Allah will absolutely burn my skin, regrow it and reburn it again. Muslims, CLEARLY believe in a literal hell. That is why prefixed my OP stating that the question applies to those who believe in a literal hell.

What is a good way to tackle such hate-speech, Jay?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Hello Jay: ...

Hi.

Yesterday on a different thread, [...] I was rudely told ...
You mean:
We are not here to change the words or the meaning just to please you, robo
Here it is what it is. Hell exist in Islam belief, that's all. You are free to believe it or not.

He tries to help to understand some verses. Not to change them.
I guess I'm having trouble discerning the rudeness.

What is a good way to tackle such hate-speech, Jay?
I'm also having some trouble discerning the "hate-speech" but, even if one were to interpret it as hate speech, it's more than a little hard to figure out how the OP 'tackles' it.

robo

I guess I'm having trouble discerning the rudeness.

I find it disturbing that 1.7 Billion people go around believing that Allah is going to burn and reburn my skin at some finite point in the future for all eternity. Dont YOU find that disturbing?

On top of this, the same people are willing to create countries on the basis of belief - you believe that non-Muslims will be burnt in hell, good, you can become a part of my ISLAMIC republic. If not? You will have to pay Jaziya as you are a 2nd class citizen.

On top of the top of this, I find it absolutely abhorrent that a God will burn and reburn my skin. Dont YOU find it abhorrent? Why give God a free pass when if a HUMAN did the same, we prosecute him for war crimes?

it's more than a little hard to figure out how the OP 'tackles' it.

Perhaps we should let those who believe my skin will be burnt/regrown/reburnt answer the OP.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
In Jugement day All the languages
In Heaven Arabic but in Hell i don't know .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
why arabic?
I don't know why , there is some Muslim scholars whom said that , i will verify if this matter found in Quran or Hadiths .

it's very problely not sure , but if it's will be, maybe because it's langauge of God to his last Holy Book to his last Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

but what is sure that God will speak and juge everyone with his own langauge .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
in Islam
Jaziya , it's cost very few money like 10 dollar per year , if muslim country is poor , it's because non-muslims did not fight , it's like a tax of protection,as i understand it.