• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the Grace of God and how do we get it ?

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
The grace of God is the invaluable opportunity of attaining his abode, which is where we will be the most closest to the Lord. How you attain this? Through pure unbridled devotion.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
What is the Grace of God and how do we get it ?
Peace be on you.
Holy Quran mentions grace [Fazl] at many places.
For example:

[62:2] Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth glorifies Allah, the Sovereign, the Holy, the Mighty, the Wise.

[62:3] He it is Who has raised among the Unlettered people a Messenger from among themselves who recites unto them His Signs, and purifies them, and teaches them the Book and wisdom, although they had been, before, in manifest misguidance;

[62:4] And among others from among them who have not yet joined them. He is the Mighty, the Wise.

[62:5] That is Allah’s grace; He bestows it on whom He pleases; and Allah is the Master of immense grace.

Explanation:

The Companion Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) said:

One day we were sitting with Holy Prophet when Surah Jumua [chapter 62] was revealed. I enquired from the Holy Prophet, Who are the people to whom the words, "And among others who have not yet joined them" [words from 62:4] Salman, the Persian was sitting among us. Upon my repeated asking him the same question the Holy Prophet put his hand on Salman and said: If faith were to go up to the Pleiades, a man from these would surely find it. [Ref: Book of Hadith, Bukhari]

So coming of Holy Prophet of Islam (pbuh) and coming of his ardent devotee [The Promised Messiah-the Mahdi (a.s.), according to Ahmadiyya-Muslims] in latter days for revival of Islam is grace of God.

======

More about Fazl @ Page 656 @ https://www.alislam.org/quran/dictionary/dictionary_quran.pdf

Tumah

Veteran Member
When you "find favor (grace) in x's eyes" it means that they like you. Probably there is some quality that they like about you.
Doing what G-d commands is probably a quality that G-d would like to see in people. So that would be the way to get it.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
It has been defined as "undeserved kindness" extended from God to sinners who find themselves on the wrong side of things through no fault on their part.
We don't deserve it, but it is given as a gift and a token of what is to come when God's kingdom rules the earth and humankind are restored to an approved condition before our Creator....much the same as Adam had when he was first created...before sin spoiled everything. :(

Jesus' sacrifice makes all this possible. :)

Grace is the knowledge of God's character. Jesus came and showed that God was not the god that appeared at Mount Sinai. The Jews asked for a pagan type god and as a God of love, God obliged them.

DEUTERONOMY 18 : 15&16 "The lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him. For this is what you asked of the lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, 'Let us not hear the voice of the Lord our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die."

The Jews couldn't wrap their minds around a loving God after years of being in a pagan nation worshiping gods put in their mind by Satan. No matter what God did they wouldn't acknowledge that he was a loving God and kept doubting he'd do the next thing for them. When they finally arrived at Mount Sinai they asked Aaron to make them a god like they had in Egypt. God obliged. And as it said in Deuteronomy he would send someone in human form so they wouldn't be afraid of his appearance which is as a fire. The Jews were then stuck with a legalistic pagan God until Jesus came to reveal the true character of God.

As Scripture says, Jesus was the end of the law (the legalistic god). And they were no longer under law but grace. Jesus showed a God of total love. Jesus was the exact opposite of the legalistic tyrant at Mount Sinai. The entire Christian world as well as the Muslims still worship this god that really doesn't exist. This is why they sound so foolish when they debate secular debaters that ask how a God of love sends people to hell. That is the picture of the Mount Sinai god that Jesus and the prophets rebuked.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Grace is the knowledge of God's character. Jesus came and showed that God was not the god that appeared at Mount Sinai. The Jews asked for a pagan type god and as a God of love, God obliged them.

DEUTERONOMY 18 : 15&16 "The lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him. For this is what you asked of the lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, 'Let us not hear the voice of the Lord our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die."

The Jews couldn't wrap their minds around a loving God after years of being in a pagan nation worshiping gods put in their mind by Satan. No matter what God did they wouldn't acknowledge that he was a loving God and kept doubting he'd do the next thing for them. When they finally arrived at Mount Sinai they asked Aaron to make them a god like they had in Egypt. God obliged. And as it said in Deuteronomy he would send someone in human form so they wouldn't be afraid of his appearance which is as a fire. The Jews were then stuck with a legalistic pagan God until Jesus came to reveal the true character of God.

As Scripture says, Jesus was the end of the law (the legalistic god). And they were no longer under law but grace. Jesus showed a God of total love. Jesus was the exact opposite of the legalistic tyrant at Mount Sinai. The entire Christian world as well as the Muslims still worship this god that really doesn't exist. This is why they sound so foolish when they debate secular debaters that ask how a God of love sends people to hell. That is the picture of the Mount Sinai god that Jesus and the prophets rebuked.

I believe you have a false image of God. God is love but your god is the love god Eros. The law is an expression of God's love and so is Hell. Grace is the answer for the problem of not being able to keep the law.

allfoak

Alchemist
Grace comes when you are no longer just being obedient to the Law, but using the Law to manifest the works of God in your life.

The Sermon on the Mount spells it all out very clearly.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Grace comes when you are no longer just being obedient to the Law, but using the Law to manifest the works of God in your life.

The Sermon on the Mount spells it all out very clearly.

I believe this is the same as that. Both are not grace.

I don't remember that sermon saying anything about grace.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The entire thing talks about how to receive God's grace.

Show me one place that it does not.

Mat. 5:3 ¶ Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

I believe i see nothing about God blessing the poor in spirit. I see that the blessing ensues from having a poverty of spirit. I did not receive Jesus as Lord and Savior until I saw how poor I was without Him.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
You are enjoying the grace of God this very moment. Just the fact that you are alive and breathing is because of God's grace.

If you are referring to God's grace where salvation is concerned, His grace is conditional. If it were not, then all would be saved, including the most vile people whoever walked the earth.

Faith in the Son of God is the path to grace. If we have faith in Jesus, we will do the things He has asked us to do: believe in Him, repent, confess Him before men, be baptized, and live a life faithful to Him.

Jesus said, "Not everyone who says 'Lord, Lord' will enter the kingdom of heaven, only those who DO THE WILL of the Father." Matt. 7:21

Hope that helps.

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Humans can give it to other humans, animals, insects and plants out of compassion.
Give a beggar a plate of rice and podridge without any expectation, that's Grace.

muhammad_isa

Jesus said, "Not everyone who says 'Lord, Lord' will enter the kingdom of heaven, only those who DO THE WILL of the Father." Matt. 7:21

Hope that helps.

Yes .. many people don't seem to understand that.
It's true that Almighty God bestows His Grace on whomsoever He wills. It manifests itself in the love of God and trying our best to please Him