• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the evidence for and against the validity of astrology

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I personally enjoy astrology. I find it fun and use it creatively for character development and writing storylines. I also kind of use it in the same way I use other forms of divination, as a kind of framework to focus my thinking.

I would never presume to say it could be scientifically verified in any way beyond its use as a kind of inspiring artistic medium.

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
1st March.

Oh really? I didnt know that. Then that's a whole different ball game. In asian astrology its the 13th of April. That means the results of the whole year will be different.

Also, the actual beginning according to observations done by anyone with a good telescope proves this actually takes place in April on the 20th or 21st as I remember. That would put the whole thing at fault because the beginning of the year itself is way off. So all planetary effects, zodiac effects, the whole thing is wrong.

Thanks. I never knew that it was so off. I only knew it was by seven days which is what asians follow. Enlightened.

syo

Oh really? I didnt know that. Then that's a whole different ball game. In asian astrology its the 13th of April. That means the results of the whole year will be different.

Also, the actual beginning according to observations done by anyone with a good telescope proves this actually takes place in April on the 20th or 21st as I remember. That would put the whole thing at fault because the beginning of the year itself is way off. So all planetary effects, zodiac effects, the whole thing is wrong.

Thanks. I never knew that it was so off. I only knew it was by seven days which is what asians follow. Enlightened.
No it's not wrong. The sun timing is unique. Everything is unique. The sun in 2022ad is different from the sun in 2022bc, etc.

firedragon

Veteran Member
No it's not wrong. The sun timing is unique. Everything is unique. The sun in 2022ad is different from the sun in 2022bc, etc.

So whats the beginning of the Suns Path in 2022 then? When you said March 1, did you mean back in 2022 BC? Thats confusing.

So whats the beginning of the Suns Path in 2022 then?

syo

So whats the beginning of the Suns Path in 2022 then? When you said March 1, did you mean back in 2022 BC? Thats confusing.

So whats the beginning of the Suns Path in 2022 then?
March 1st is when the count starts. March 1st is the very first Age of Aries. The Earth's movement changes around the sun. On the age of aries in the beginning the spring equinox happens at March 1st. Now we are at the age of pisces. The march 1st where it was supposed to have the equinox, is now simply a normal day. Now, in sidereal the sun starts in april, in tropical it starts 21 march.

Every moment is unique. The ultimate start 1st March at the age of Aries, is going to repeat again in the future and the earth won't be the same.

The moment we speak right now, (position of planets at an age) is won't going to repeat exactly the same.

Each moment is unique.
Does my writing make sense?

firedragon

Veteran Member
March 1st is when the count starts. March 1st is the very first Age of Aries. The Earth's movement changes around the sun. On the age of aries in the beginning the spring equinox happens at March 1st. Now we are at the age of pisces. The march 1st where it was supposed to have the equinox, is now simply a normal day. Now, in sidereal the sun starts in april, in tropical it starts 21 march.

Every moment is unique. The ultimate start 1st March at the age of Aries, is going to repeat again in the future and the earth won't be the same.

The moment we speak right now, (position of planets at an age) is won't going to repeat exactly the same.

Each moment is unique.
Does my writing make sense?

Right. So march 1st it is.

Are you saying that the sun goes from pisces to Aries on the 1st of march? Or the 21st March? If its 21st march please confirm because you have given a lot of information I didnt ask for.

I understand how astrology works syo. I am only clarifying your stance since you have studied it.

syo

Are you saying that the sun goes from pisces to Aries on the 1st of march?
Yes. It happened in the past and will repeat in the future, if the sun won't be destroyed. But now as we talk, the sun enters aries in april. We are at the.age of pisces. 1st march and 13 april combined is ''entropy''.

I'll answer to additional post the next question.

Last edited:

syo

the 21st March? If its 21st march please confirm because you have given a lot of information I didnt ask for.
The 21st March is indeed an addition. It's about earth and sun. I added earth. It's tropical astrology, I apologize.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yes. It happened in the past and will repeat in the future, if the sun won't be destroyed.

ha? Mate. This happens every year. Every single year this happens and the astrology calendar begins here with a maximum of 24 hour difference spanning 4 years.

The 21st March is indeed an addition. It's about earth and sun. I added earth. It's tropical astrology, I apologize.

No. This is about the sun conceptually making earth the centre of the universe. Thats the fundamental concept of astrology. Thats the foundation.

Thanks for engaging.

Have a great day.

Reactions: syo

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Astrology is superstitious hokum, read the link I posted. I find the notion of karma morally repugnant, the inference that people unfortunate to suffer have somehow brought it on themselves or deserve it is morally indefensible, and again it is naught but unevidenced superstition.
The Gods don't care what you find repugnant or what you think is hokum or 'morally indefensible' - that is just the way it is whether you like it or not.

As I said the Christ will be here soon (a matter of few years, maybe just months) to explain to us the truth about all this. Hopefully we will all live long enough to be there when it happens.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Evidence against was presented in another post as thus:

"Scientific testing has found no evidence to support the premises or purported effects outlined in astrological traditions. Where astrology has made falsifiable predictions, it has been falsified. The most famous test was headed by Shawn Carlson and included a committee of scientists and a committee of astrologers." <CITATION>

"Astrology is bs. NASA's scathing takedown perfectly explains why."

"Astronomers have spent years patiently trying to explain why zodiac signs are not science, and NASA finally seems fed up with the public's obsession with them. NASA just dropped the ultimate astrology smackdown in a Tumblr post that's since gone viral."
Evidence against astrology

https://www.jstor.org/stable/24104554

50 certified astrologers performed no better than chance in predicting the intellectual ability of a set of students (half of them above average and half autistic) from their birth charts.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

"Scientific testing has found no evidence to support the premises or purported effects outlined in astrological traditions. Where astrology has made falsifiable predictions, it has been falsified. The most famous test was headed by Shawn Carlson and included a committee of scientists and a committee of astrologers." <CITATION>

"Astronomers have spent years patiently trying to explain why zodiac signs are not science, and NASA finally seems fed up with the public's obsession with them. NASA just dropped the ultimate astrology smackdown in a Tumblr post that's since gone viral."
More rebuttal of astrology. Worth reading
Astrology test

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

According to my research what Nasa says is true, but, this is just a schedule thing Satanic Jinn use to control humans.

It has nothing to do with the planets, yet, it is mostly pin point accurate, because, Satan rules over the humans and humans don't awaken from his control and influence, and black magic.

All Astrology and divination per Quran is from Satan. It's not that it has no reality, it does. But it's from an evil source trying to control the fate of humans.

The way to be free, is to learn, to unbind the shackles of fate. The four elements, are used, part of how Satanic forces control a human. They get to force his personality to be a certain way and predictable.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
75% accuracy suggests it's real. The 25% is minor deviation in my view.
You did not read it at all did you?
The astrologers were asked to correctly match the occupation profile of 7 people. One hit means that 1 out of 7 was a correct match. The average hit rate was 0.75 i. e. astrologers on average scored less than one hit out of 7.

Last edited: