• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is sexually immoral?

tomspug

Absorbant
Obviously, there are moral boundaries to everything (unless you believe otherwise), but our current society DOES create moral boundaries for every aspect of our lives, even sexuality.

What would you yourself deem "inappropriate" sexual behavior in public? What would you deem "immoral" sexual behavior, no matter what?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
In my opinion, as long as it's within the bounds of consenting adults (both terms very important), then it's green light. As for behavior in public, I probably wouldn't appreciate people engaging in scat play in a park while I'm trying to have a picnic.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
In my opinion, as long as it's within the bounds of consenting adults (both terms very important), then it's green light. As for behavior in public, I probably wouldn't appreciate people engaging in scat play in a park while I'm trying to have a picnic.

Informed consenting adults.

tomspug

Absorbant
OK, but sexual activity isn't only limited between two people. Some things can be done with multiple individuals. Some things can be done alone with objects. Some things can be done with animals...

What about dramatic age differences, like an 18 year old and a 40 year old? What about the mentally handicapped, or the mentally unstable?

I feel like this is all unexplored territory due to the inability of our society to engage in dialogue about sex.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
OK, but sexual activity isn't only limited between two people. Some things can be done with multiple individuals. Some things can be done alone with objects. Some things can be done with animals...

What about dramatic age differences, like an 18 year old and a 40 year old? What about the mentally handicapped, or the mentally unstable?

I feel like this is all unexplored territory due to the inability of our society to engage in dialogue about sex.

Do you really think animals and the mentally disabled/ill can make informed consent?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

This is why I say the standard must be informed consent, not just consent. A mentally handicapped person might not be able to give informed consent even if he or she could give consent.

As for age differences, I've known at least two happy couples who were decades apart in age, so I think that's up to the people involved. No hard and fast rules on that one.

tomspug

Absorbant
Do family members count as informed, consenting adults as well?

(I'm trying to find the glass ceiling here, :-D)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Do family members count as informed, consenting adults as well?

(I'm trying to find the glass ceiling here, :-D)

I'm personally opposed to incest, but if two informed, consenting adults committed it, I would not throw them in prison for it.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend tomspug,

What would you yourself deem "inappropriate" sexual behavior in public? What would you deem "immoral" sexual behavior, no matter what?

Nothing!
except that it brings out how closely one is in its process of evolution from its earlier stage of being an animal, just before human form.

Buddhas do not need sex because they have evolved to the final stage of human evolution where they have completed the journey set out for humans.

Those in between the two extremes will behave differently at different time and space zone sometimes giving way to their instincts, sometimes controlling it, sometimes controlling but getting frustrated etc.etc.

Sex is not a moral issue but society has made it such and it usually depends on the laws of the land more than basic instincts as we are humans.

Love & rgds

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If you wanted to, I suppose you could consider sexual activity that's irresponsible, risky and/or psychologically unhealthy as immoral.

tomspug

Absorbant
Friend tomspug,

Nothing!
except that it brings out how closely one is in its process of evolution from its earlier stage of being an animal, just before human form.

Buddhas do not need sex because they have evolved to the final stage of human evolution where they have completed the journey set out for humans.

Those in between the two extremes will behave differently at different time and space zone sometimes giving way to their instincts, sometimes controlling it, sometimes controlling but getting frustrated etc.etc.

Sex is not a moral issue but society has made it such and it usually depends on the laws of the land more than basic instincts as we are humans.

Love & rgds
Well, it doesn't really sound like you believe in morality at all. We believe in restrictions on violence (violence that doesn't cause serious harm is permitted, whie violence that causes significant harm isn't). Why wouldn't this logic apply to every aspect of life, including sex?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Well, it doesn't really sound like you believe in morality at all. We believe in restrictions on violence (violence that doesn't cause serious harm is permitted, whie violence that causes significant harm isn't). Why wouldn't this logic apply to every aspect of life, including sex?

Good point. But so is much ZenZero said.

tomspug

Absorbant
Your mom is sexually immoral.
You're mom is SO sexually immoral...

(how sexually immoral is she?)

You're mom is so sexually immoral, she had sex with her own children, raised them to be prostitutes, and left them to fend for themselves in order to pursue further sexual freedom!

Oh, snap! That's not funny at all...

sex is only pleasure right ?
what is sexually immoral is homosexuality
i do tolerate homosexuality but I do not agree for -I- do not belong to this group
don't you know it's a culture from babylon, Balaam is the one behind it
who is to blame anyway, 30 minutes of intense pleasure and then what ?
sadly it is a problem for you do no respect your soul when commiting fornification

? who am I to speak in his name
ma vengence est fraichement sortie du congélateur