• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Happening in Our Schools?

JoStories

My failure to believe evolution has nothing to do with whether or not I understand it.

No, utopia is not understanding how to have gay sex and many gays would agree.

And you know nothing about schools in USA where countless students just get socially promoted for reasons a lot less than a sports scholarship.

Any other ignorance you need addressed?
And whose fault is the problem of children being promoted without actually learning? And whose idea was this debacle of a mess? G. W. Bush...the Shrub. One wonders if he proposed this ridiculous legislation because of his own stupidity or that of his children. Makes me think of the mess Regan gave us with his legislation about deregulating insurances and the like, leading to the 7000% increases we see now in the cost of meds. So tell me, what are you doing to help this mess? Personally, two of my grandchildren were educated aboard, specifically in Russia and now they speak 3 languages fluently and have read the real classics that most kids today have never even heard of. And the other two were home schooled, after which, one went to Duke and the other to Stanford. I am rather curious about how one today can openly deny evolution given the evidence we have. Head in the sand?

Brian Schuh

And whose fault is the problem of children being promoted without actually learning? And whose idea was this debacle of a mess? G. W. Bush...the Shrub. One wonders if he proposed this ridiculous legislation because of his own stupidity or that of his children. Makes me think of the mess Regan gave us with his legislation about deregulating insurances and the like, leading to the 7000% increases we see now in the cost of meds. So tell me, what are you doing to help this mess? Personally, two of my grandchildren were educated aboard, specifically in Russia and now they speak 3 languages fluently and have read the real classics that most kids today have never even heard of. And the other two were home schooled, after which, one went to Duke and the other to Stanford. I am rather curious about how one today can openly deny evolution given the evidence we have. Head in the sand?
I took two years of Latin. The 3rd year I was to start reading some of the classical literature in Latin. I didn't get to take a third year, due to an unexpected illness, I had to finish high school in a hospital and with tutors. I also never had chance to take physics. But disabling illness or not, I managed to get a year of credit in Liberal Arts at a community college. And later I studied Torah with a Hassidic rabbi, for several years. I dropped out of business school. But besides all of that, I have pursued education all my life against all odds. I have taken contrarian minority views on several issues, knowing that closed minded people would consider me ignorant for doing so. Evolution is not that compelling that one would accept it without reservation if he just understands it. On other hand, there are some compelling points of Torah, that if one simply understood it, why the hell don't they believe?

kerndog

Recently attention has been drawn to an "anti-bullying program" introduced into Australian schools supposedly in an effort to help children who are "different" to stand up to bullies. But this has gone too far in the opinion of many, where children are asked to role play gay or transsexual teens. Children are also being urged to question their sexuality when they are not really old enough to understand sexual identity at such a young age.

"Australian Christian Lobby spokeswoman Wendy Frances says the Safe Schools material “discriminates’’ against heterosexual kids. “This is bullying in reverse,’’ she says. “A lot of children are still pretty innocent about this stuff; there’s a lot in the program that is age-inappropriate."

It is disturbing to me that the gay agenda has been carried too far and is now infiltrating to the point of making something that is still morally objectionable to many people, into something socially acceptable. It will NEVER be "socially acceptable" to God.

The Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras held in Sydney has become a "family" event. I am sorry, but there is no way I would expose my young children to this...or to teach them that this is "normal" or "acceptable" human behavior.

I have no problem with anyone being 'gay'...it is a genetic hiccup, but to promote the gay lifestyle as morally acceptable is something a Christian cannot condone.

For those who do not care what God thinks....I guess its party on. :(

LiveLeak-dot-com-6c8_1456746554-sissies_1456747856.jpg.resized.jpg

LiveLeak-dot-com-6c8_1456746554-dykes_1456747857.jpg.resized.jpg

Are children in other countries exposed to this too?
How many more years untill pedophiles will be clamering for their rights, its not their fault, they were born like this.....SHEESH !.....I will NEVER allow the Gay or Lesbian community to dictate to me OR my family that we HAVE TO teach our children that this is perfectly normal behavior, if they want to live this perverted lifestyle, knock yourself out, but dont you dare try to force feed it to me, i will leave you alone, to do your thing in peace, i ask the same. LEAVE ME AND MY FAMILY ALONE !

Kelly of the Phoenix

Since when are straight kids ever bullied for their sexuality?
When I, a straight gal, am accused of being gay.

You can't even go to the bathroom and be a CIS female anymore. It's vile.

Home schooling is now a common option for parents who want to counteract the awful school environment
I agree that they should definitely be homeschooled to protect minorities from parental values that tell them they are bad for no other reason than Moses, Paul, or some other random dude said so.

Anti-bullying school programs should be addressing the cause of bullying
They are. People who think they are better than everyone else bully and you are on the side of people who bully.

because usually the bullies have been bullied themselves or have appalling home situations and are just trying to regain some power in their lives
From the American Psychological Association
WHEREAS children and youth who bully are more likely than their peers to hold beliefs supportive of violence (Bosworth, Espelage, & Simon, 1999) and are more likely to influence their peers to engage in bullying others over time (Espelage et al., 2003); and WHEREAS research suggests that there is no single cause of bullying. Rather, individual, familial, peer, school, and community factors may place a child or youth at risk for bullying his or her peers. (Limber, 2000; Olweus, Limber, & Mihalic, 1999).
From Bullying Statistics
Violent cultures, lack of interpersonal school or workplace values, positive reinforcement of antisocial behaviors, dyfunctional families, failing students, lack of leadership skills, intentional or unintentional provocation (though I find this "blaming the victim"), etc.
Nurses today would be lost, literally.
HEY! I'm a Gen X'er ... I can use computers AND paper, as I was growing up as the Information Age was beginning ... :)

I may want my child to be technologically savvy, but I also believe in handing them an empty cardboard box to play with.

Home schooling is an option but there are detriments to that as well. Had I had that option, I might have done it rather than be bullied every single day at school.
Unless home life ain't a walk in the park either.
How many more years untill pedophiles will be clamering for their rights, its not their fault, they were born like this.....SHEESH !.
Pedos and beastiality folks don't fall in love with humans capable of LEGAL CONSENT. It REALLY bothers me that many people don't seem to understand what CONSENT means.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
How many more years untill pedophiles will be clamering for their rights, its not their fault, they were born like this

Slippery slope fallacy. The fact of the matter is sex between 2 consenting adults is not the same thing as a sexual dynamic where one (adult) party holds all the power over the other (the child).

.....SHEESH !.....

I know. I mean the fact that you're resorting to the slippery slope fallacy is ridiculous.

I will NEVER allow the Gay or Lesbian community to dictate to me OR my family that we HAVE TO teach our children that this is perfectly normal behavior,

So you're happy for your children to not know that bullying people for who they are is wrong? So much for you having the moral high ground?

if they want to live this perverted lifestyle, knock yourself out,

When did you make the choice to be straight again?

but dont you dare try to force feed it to me,

Hysterical. Straight people have been force-feeding gay people their sexuality for centuries and now that LGBTs are standing up and are losing their fear of being who they are they're the ones force-feeding us? Thanks for the laugh before I go to bed.

i will leave you alone, to do your thing in peace, i ask the same. LEAVE ME AND MY FAMILY ALONE !

Geez, calm the **** down. Nobody's out to get you or your family. Your right to indoctrinate bigotry and homophobia into your children is not under attack. If you want to raise your kids to be bigoted devotees of a narcissistic cult that enables child molesters you do that. But don't you dare complain if one day you're called into school because your kids decided to pick on some boy because he likes other boys instead of girls. That'll be on you.

Please stop being hysterical.

JoStories

I took two years of Latin. The 3rd year I was to start reading some of the classical literature in Latin. I didn't get to take a third year, due to an unexpected illness, I had to finish high school in a hospital and with tutors. I also never had chance to take physics. But disabling illness or not, I managed to get a year of credit in Liberal Arts at a community college. And later I studied Torah with a Hassidic rabbi, for several years. I dropped out of business school. But besides all of that, I have pursued education all my life against all odds. I have taken contrarian minority views on several issues, knowing that closed minded people would consider me ignorant for doing so. Evolution is not that compelling that one would accept it without reservation if he just understands it. On other hand, there are some compelling points of Torah, that if one simply understood it, why the hell don't they believe?

I agree the Torah has some good points, having studied it myself for quite some time. However, there are also some points that are totally illogical, which I assume you know. The fact is that the earth is far older the 6 thousand years. One need only visit the Grand Canyon to see evidence of that. And the earth is not flat, etc. Of course, having studied this text, among others, one has to take the fact that the writers could not have known about the nature of space of the earth. But I guess my bigger question here is that even if one accepts some of the edicts written in the Torah, how can one also deny the facts of evolution that we do have?

JoStories

HEY! I'm a Gen X'er ... I can use computers AND paper, as I was growing up as the Information Age was beginning ... :)

I may want my child to be technologically savvy, but I also believe in handing them an empty cardboard box to play with.
'

Which is fine that you use both methods but my problem and opinion remains. I have done studies as have many others about how patients perceive patients and how doctors and nurses spend their time staring at a PC screen. Its rude, IMO. And if the PC's were all to crash, nurses younger than yourself would be in a world of hurt. Sure, there are benefits to technology. No one doubts that. But my problem is when we rely on it to the point of excluding other methods.

Unless home life ain't a walk in the park either.

Of course you are correct. As a nurse, I have seen some pretty sad children and some parents I really wanted to punch. But given the degree to which I was bullied, I would still maintain that often homeschooling can be best.

JoStories

How many more years untill pedophiles will be clamering for their rights, its not their fault, they were born like this.....SHEESH !.....I will NEVER allow the Gay or Lesbian community to dictate to me OR my family that we HAVE TO teach our children that this is perfectly normal behavior, if they want to live this perverted lifestyle, knock yourself out, but dont you dare try to force feed it to me, i will leave you alone, to do your thing in peace, i ask the same. LEAVE ME AND MY FAMILY ALONE !
Wow. Just wow. You really need to calm down here. And for the record, I have never in my life tried to force who I am and what I am on anyone. Your post is an insult.

kerndog

Wow. Just wow. You really need to calm down here. And for the record, I have never in my life tried to force who I am and what I am on anyone. Your post is an insult.
Well, it is what it is, deal with it ! You personally may have not, but i have personally seen YOUR bretheren do so , or try to do so ! So, if you are insulted, deal with it , i retract NOTHING !

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
How many more years untill pedophiles will be clamering for their rights, its not their fault, they were born like this.
That's not even comparable. Kids are not sexually developed in anyway, and there no reason to grant rights to a group that does do harm like that. Homosexuality has zero inherent risks that heterosexuals do not face themselves.
I will NEVER allow the Gay or Lesbian community to dictate to me OR my family that we HAVE TO teach our children that this is perfectly normal behavior,
And we're not trying to. However, we do need to at least pretend to get along for the sake of society. It works better for everyone with less minority power trampling the minorities, and with more equality rather than less.
LEAVE ME AND MY FAMILY ALONE !
We try. But people like you keep butting your noses in and turning this into an issue, where previously, before your involvement, there was none at all.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Which is fine that you use both methods but my problem and opinion remains. I have done studies as have many others about how patients perceive patients and how doctors and nurses spend their time staring at a PC screen. Its rude, IMO.
Indeed, but only recently have I had doctors care about my needs at all. I've been treated like I've been faking stuff all my life, from childhood on, and computers weren't the problem then. The people staring into their computers now would've been staring at the clipboard or chart prior to computers. Bad customer service is bad customer service.
But given the degree to which I was bullied, I would still maintain that often homeschooling can be best.
I've nearly had an arm broken (kindergarten), bullied (pretty much K-12), beaten (at least once or twice) ... I was once accused of stealing from a student and had to pay for their property even though I didn't steal anything. When I got home, I had a borderline personality mother and a sociopathic father. I grew up with a stark distrust of both peers and previous generations. :)

suncowiam

Schools teach sexual education and have anti-bullying lessons and programs that are part of the curriculum. What your religion says holds no value. If it's such a problem for you, put your kids in homeschooling.

We don't want kids to be taken out of school even based on religious background. =)

Its not the kids fault...

Etritonakin

Recently attention has been drawn to an "anti-bullying program" introduced into Australian schools supposedly in an effort to help children who are "different" to stand up to bullies. But this has gone too far in the opinion of many, where children are asked to role play gay or transsexual teens. Children are also being urged to question their sexuality when they are not really old enough to understand sexual identity at such a young age.

"Australian Christian Lobby spokeswoman Wendy Frances says the Safe Schools material “discriminates’’ against heterosexual kids. “This is bullying in reverse,’’ she says. “A lot of children are still pretty innocent about this stuff; there’s a lot in the program that is age-inappropriate."

It is disturbing to me that the gay agenda has been carried too far and is now infiltrating to the point of making something that is still morally objectionable to many people, into something socially acceptable. It will NEVER be "socially acceptable" to God.

The Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras held in Sydney has become a "family" event. I am sorry, but there is no way I would expose my young children to this...or to teach them that this is "normal" or "acceptable" human behavior.

I have no problem with anyone being 'gay'...it is a genetic hiccup, but to promote the gay lifestyle as morally acceptable is something a Christian cannot condone.

For those who do not care what God thinks....I guess its party on. :(

LiveLeak-dot-com-6c8_1456746554-sissies_1456747856.jpg.resized.jpg

LiveLeak-dot-com-6c8_1456746554-dykes_1456747857.jpg.resized.jpg

Are children in other countries exposed to this too?

Even if the focus is not on God or religion, I definitely agree that the way the issue is being handled is having an adverse effect on children.
Focus is on convincing people to accept things for which there is no actual proof.
Rather than teaching people acceptance and kindness, various lifestyles and attitudes are definitely being promoted in a political fashion -and lies are being told to cause people to believe and accept certain things -AND WHICH VERY MUCH DO LEAD PEOPLE -ESPECIALLY YOUNG PEOPLE -TO DO THINGS THEY OTHERWISE WOULD NOT DO, OR CONSIDER DOING.

I once made a comment about the "born that way" idea being more political than factual -and someone asked what was wrong with that.
What's wrong with that is that political-type agendas tend to promote falsehood with falsehood in order to achieve a certain goal.
That, in turn, leads to people really not knowing what is actually going on -and that's never good.

If you'll notice, that sort of thing is how the world moves forward... toward a huge confusing mess of a situation -leading to conflicts -which we will be lucky to live through as a species....
so let's not use that model!
Horsepucky makes for a very bad foundation which inevitably leads to collapse.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible for people to be born with certain tendencies, but the idea that everyone who has any sort of thought or tendency or thought toward anything other than heterosexuality is definitely born that way is absolute horsepucky.

It most certainly will cause people -especially young people -to not consider, focus on, or accept the many factors and complexities that are actually involved in sexual development.

I'm not sure if I saw the thread here or elsewhere, but I recall a thread about a young boy who wanted to go to a school dance dressed as a female character from Scooby Doo.

If the reality the boy lived was anything like the thread, I would not want to be him.
Everyone made all sorts of wild assumptions about the boy's sexuality, thought of all sorts of ways to handle his sexual development and tendencies, things to say to him about it which were to make him feel accepted no matter how he identified sexually.....

...and, most likely, the kid... just.... really.... liked... the character!

I once dressed as Andromeda in school -around the same age -because I was doing a report on the Andromeda galaxy.
If adults had reacted to me the way everyone was reacting to that kid, I probably would not have returned to the school!
Returning the next day having been accepted by students and teachers as gay -or a cross-dresser -or whatever -would have been utter lunacy!

The only thoughts I had of any sort of sexual relations was how to avoid the freakin' cooties!

Unfortunately, these sorts of things are already so widely accepted -and people have been purposefully turned hostile against any other ideas -that common sense has no chance!

Do what you want with your own life -but quit screwing up kid's minds -and don't dare to think to tell them what they are. They just might believe you and never get a chance to really and truly know themselves!

Furthermore -stop selfishly promoting dangerous, harmful and even deadly sexual lifestyles because you want to be accepted -heterosexual or otherwise -and don't force people to believe as you do while speaking against the same.

It's not about you -it's about the whole world and everyone's future.

Don't call me anti-gay, either -it's not about that at all -I'm just anti-stupid.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Rather than teaching people acceptance and kindness, various lifestyles and attitudes are definitely being promoted in a political fashion -and lies are being told to cause people to believe and accept certain things -AND WHICH VERY MUCH DO LEAD PEOPLE -ESPECIALLY YOUNG PEOPLE -TO DO THINGS THEY OTHERWISE WOULD NOT DO, OR CONSIDER DOING.
Heaven forbid kids be taught to actually get along with each other in school, and not focus on differences.
I once made a comment about the "born that way" idea being more political than factual -and someone asked what was wrong with that.
The science consensus is that homosexuals, bisexuals, transgender, asexuals, and so on are born that way. They have no choice in it.
I'm not sure if I saw the thread here or elsewhere, but I recall a thread about a young boy who wanted to go to a school dance dressed as a female character from Scooby Doo.
I remember that one. People who are so against transgender people made a boy dressing up into a huge deal and couldn't even let it be a simple child thing without turning into this huge debacle over the "gay agenda."
Unfortunately, these sorts of things are already so widely accepted -and people have been purposefully turned hostile against any other ideas -that common sense has no chance!
What ever is wrong with teaching kids that people who are different are ok and that we have to share this world and society works best when we get along?
Furthermore -stop selfishly promoting dangerous, harmful and even deadly sexual lifestyles because you want to be accepted -heterosexual or otherwise -and don't force people to believe as you do while speaking against the same.
No one is trying to get anyone to promote or accept "dangerous, harmful and even deadly" sexual lifestyles. And they only ones trying to force their views on others is you. You are the one who insist your intolerance be allowed. You want others to frown upon certain groups as you do. They only agenda being pushed is an agenda of hatred, bigotry, oppression, and discrimination. It's not even an issue until you start going on about how bad this is that kids are being taught to tolerate others that are different.

Etritonakin

Heaven forbid kids be taught to actually get along with each other in school, and not focus on differences.

The science consensus is that homosexuals, bisexuals, transgender, asexuals, and so on are born that way. They have no choice in it.

I remember that one. People who are so against transgender people made a boy dressing up into a huge deal and couldn't even let it be a simple child thing without turning into this huge debacle over the "gay agenda."

What ever is wrong with teaching kids that people who are different are ok and that we have to share this world and society works best when we get along?

No one is trying to get anyone to promote or accept "dangerous, harmful and even deadly" sexual lifestyles. And they only ones trying to force their views on others is you. You are the one who insist your intolerance be allowed. You want others to frown upon certain groups as you do. They only agenda being pushed is an agenda of hatred, bigotry, oppression, and discrimination. It's not even an issue until you start going on about how bad this is that kids are being taught to tolerate others that are different.
You don't know me -and what you wrote about me is incorrect.

Science consensus? Meaningless. Disagree? Read about historical "science consensus" and how it has changed concerning just about everything -and realize that consensus often has little to do with science, and much to do with using the trust people place in science and other things to further agendas. At best, it is a best guess -at worst, it is similar to what is happening with medicine today - being sold a pill by "science" which will screw you up, but don't worry about it... they have plenty of money to give you afterward which does not compare to the profit they made from you. Put me down for a "lump it".

And thank you for giving a great example....
"The science consensus is that homosexuals, bisexuals, transgender, asexuals, and so on are born that way. They have no choice in it."
...that doesn't begin to describe the reality of the situation -nor does it address the many contributing factors -it is a horrible oversimplification which isn't even based in truth or real science.

The other things you are talking about are nice ideals which have little to do with the reality of the situation.

EDIT
The decrease in hatred and violence, increase in acceptance and kindness, etc., are excellent -but that is not nearly the whole of what has happened or is happening regarding personal sexuality issues or sexuality in society overall.

Last edited: