• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is God's will?

Gambit

Personally i don't see that, due to the highly variable nature of the good everyone is seeking. Indeed I would suggest the opposite.

Well, a lot of us are definitely off course.

"You have made us toward yourself, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you." - St. Augustine

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, a lot of us are definitely off course.

"You have made us toward yourself, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you." - St. Augustine

Interesting. So you use the common aim of good as a means of suggesting a benevolent God, but readily admit that many of us are not running to this God's aim?

I mean, I'm paraphrasing, but how does that in any way make God's will knowable (sic)?

Gambit

Interesting. So you use the common aim of good as a means of suggesting a benevolent God, but readily admit that many of us are not running to this God's aim?

Everyone desires the good (happiness), but that does mean everyone is fulfilling their desire.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Everyone desires the good (happiness), but that does mean everyone is fulfilling their desire.

I agree not everyone is filling their desire but I would imagine there are plenty of believers who wouldn't equate good with happiness.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Gods will is your will. that is when you truly realize your true inner Being, your true inner Self, that's it, simple.

Gambit

Gods will is your will. that is when you truly realize your true inner Being, your true inner Self.

Agreed. That's spiritual enlightenment.

"Ultimately everyone must remember the Will of God, because ultimately everyone must recognize himself. This recognition is the recognition that his will and God's are one." - A Course in Miracles

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Agreed. That's spiritual enlightenment.

"Ultimately everyone must remember the Will of God, because ultimately everyone must recognize himself. This recognition is the recognition that his will and God's are one." - A Course in Miracles
Yes its nice to meet another in pure Consciousness. :)

Yoshua

What is God's will?

"God's Will is all there is." - A Course in Miracles
God's will is allowing ourselves to submit to his authority as He is the one who will be the center of your life. His plan for us will be followed instead of our own will. This does not mean that we should not pray and plead to God our desires and needs. There is still a room for God to hear our prayers, but on top--His will always prevail for He knows what is good for us and what is not good for us.

Thanks

Kueid

Avant-garde
I don't know. But I think we CAN know. And I don't know either that even if we do know it, that we can translate it into words. I say this based on everything that was written till now and I have'd access to.

Milton Platt

What is God's will?

"God's Will is all there is." - A Course in Miracles
So my starting point is....if there is a supernatural, all powerful, all knowing being that can just speak the universe into existence, isn't it incredibly absurd to think you can actually know his will??? You can read whatever humanly written "holly book" you choose and say it is in there. But if he is so mind mindbogglingly intelligent, for all you know what ever you think he has stated may be nothing but part of an incredible scam and his true intentions are entirely malevolent. You would never know. How can you confidently say you can fully and completely plum the depths of an intellect that is so far above your own?

Kueid

Avant-garde
So my starting point is....if there is a supernatural, all powerful, all knowing being that can just speak the universe into existence, isn't it incredibly absurd to think you can actually know his will??? You can read whatever humanly written "holly book" you choose and say it is in there. But if he is so mind mindbogglingly intelligent, for all you know what ever you think he has stated may be nothing but part of an incredible scam and his true intentions are entirely malevolent. You would never know. How can you confidently say you can fully and completely plum the depths of an intellect that is so far above your own?

With others minds its possible? I mean, can someone know the will of another? The way you put it, we can't. Is that what you believe?