• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is God's highest priority?

No, that is not a correct understanding. Baha'u'llah was not greater than Jesus Christ.
The Greatest Name was only a name that was given to Baha'u'llah, just as The Word was a name given to Jesus.
That, with all due Respect is in direct opposition to the Word of God, and what I have provided already in previous posts..

Philippians 2:9-11

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a Name which is above every Name: (who did God give this exalted name to?)

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Please Notice, according Scripture, and it is Very clear, there can no misunderstanding of what is so vividly stated, THAT AT THE NAME OF JESUS, not Baha, Every Knee will bow (worship) and every tongue confess ( realize and openly speak it) that Jesus Christ is LORD ( King of Kings, The Son of God, The Son of Man, The Resurrection and the Life, The Savior of the World, The Light of the World, The Way, The Truth, The Life, The Alpha and Omega, the Root and Offspring of David, The Bright morning Star)

These are some of the Names of Jesus according to Scripture. And at his NAME every knee will bow and confess he is Lord!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That, with all due Respect is in direct opposition to the Word of God, and what I have provided already in previous posts..

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a Name which is above every Name: (who did God give this exalted name to?)
Are you sure you want to go down that road?

The name of Jesus might have been above every other name when the New Testament was recorded, but time marches on.
In God's Eyes, the name of Jesus is no longer above every other name.

“They that valiantly labor in quest of God, will, when once they have renounced all else but Him, be so attached and wedded unto that City, that a moment’s separation from it would to them be unthinkable. They will hearken unto infallible proofs from the Hyacinth of that assembly, and will receive the surest testimonies from the beauty of its Rose, and the melody of its Nightingale. Once in about a thousand years shall this City be renewed and readorned….

That City is none other than the Word of God revealed in every age and dispensation. In the days of Moses it was the Pentateuch; in the days of Jesus, the Gospel; in the days of Muhammad, the Messenger of God, the Qur’án; in this day, the Bayán; and in the Dispensation of Him Whom God will make manifest, His own Book—the Book unto which all the Books of former Dispensations must needs be referred, the Book that standeth amongst them all transcendent and supreme.“
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 269-270
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Please Notice, according Scripture, and it is Very clear, there can no misunderstanding of what is so vividly stated, THAT AT THE NAME OF JESUS, not Baha, Every Knee will bow (worship) and every tongue confess ( realize and openly speak it) that Jesus Christ is LORD ( King of Kings, The Son of God, The Son of Man, The Resurrection and the Life, The Savior of the World, The Light of the World, The Way, The Truth, The Life, The Alpha and Omega, the Root and Offspring of David, The Bright morning Star)

These are some of the Names of Jesus according to Scripture. And at his NAME every knee will bow and confess he is Lord!

Some of the titles of Baha’u’llah – compiled by the Guardian

He was formally designated Bahá'u'lláh, an appellation specifically recorded in the Persian Bayan, signifying at once the glory, the light and the splendor of God, and was styled

• the "Lord of Lords,"
• the "Most Great Name,"
• the "Ancient Beauty,"
• the "Pen of the Most High,"
• the "Hidden Name,"
• the "Preserved Treasure,"
• "He Whom God will make manifest,"
• the "Most Great Light,"
• the "All-Highest Horizon,"
• the "Most Great Ocean,"
• the "Supreme Heaven,"
• the "Pre-Existent Root,"
• the "Self-Subsistent,"
• the "Day-Star of the Universe,"
• the "Great Announcement,"
• the "Speaker on Sinai,"
• the "Sifter of Men,"
• the "Wronged One of the World,"
• the "Desire of the Nations,"
• the "Lord of the Covenant,"
• the "Tree beyond which there is no passing."

I don't know of a statement where the Qur'an said Jesus died for our sins, but it didn't He didn't either, whereas Baha'u'llah said this:
Is this to mean that you do not believe and the Bahais don't believe Jesus died for our sins?

Know thou that when the Son of Man yielded up His breath to God, the whole creation wept with a great weeping. By sacrificing Himself, however, a fresh capacity was infused into all created things. Its evidences, as witnessed in all the peoples of the earth, are now manifest before thee. The deepest wisdom which the sages have uttered, the profoundest learning which any mind hath unfolded, the arts which the ablest hands have produced, the influence exerted by the most potent of rulers, are but manifestations of the quickening power released by His transcendent, His all-pervasive, and resplendent Spirit.

I really don't know exactly what this says about Jesus, it is very lofty but what does it mean? Is this supposed to be some universal removal/ cleansing of man's sins, Without man's acknowledgement or understanding of the sacrifice?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Is this to mean that you do not believe and the Bahais don't believe Jesus died for our sins?
What Baha’is believe regarding how Adam brought sin into the world and how Christ saved us from that sin is explained below:

Question.—In verse 22 of chapter 15 of 1 Corinthians it is written: “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.” What is the meaning of these words?

Answer.—Know that there are two natures in man: the physical nature and the spiritual nature. The physical nature is inherited from Adam, and the spiritual nature is inherited from the Reality of the Word of God, which is the spirituality of Christ. The physical nature is born of Adam, but the spiritual nature is born from the bounty of the Holy Spirit. The first is the source of all imperfection; the second is the source of all perfection.

The Christ sacrificed Himself so that men might be freed from the imperfections of the physical nature and might become possessed of the virtues of the spiritual nature. This spiritual nature, which came into existence through the bounty of the Divine Reality, is the union of all perfections and appears through the breath of the Holy Spirit. It is the divine perfections; it is light, spirituality, guidance, exaltation, high aspiration, justice, love, grace, kindness to all, philanthropy, the essence of life. It is the reflection of the splendor of the Sun of Reality.

All sin comes from the demands of nature, and these demands, which arise from the physical qualities, are not sins with respect to the animals, while for man they are sin. The animal is the source of imperfections, such as anger, sensuality, jealousy, avarice, cruelty, pride: all these defects are found in animals but do not constitute sins. But in man they are sins.

Adam is the cause of man’s physical life; but the Reality of Christ—that is to say, the Word of God—is the cause of spiritual life. It is “a quickening spirit,” meaning that all the imperfections which come from the requirements of the physical life of man are transformed into human perfections by the teachings and education of that spirit. Therefore, Christ was a quickening spirit, and the cause of life in all mankind.

Adam was the cause of physical life, and as the physical world of man is the world of imperfections, and imperfections are the equivalent of death, Paul compared the physical imperfections to death.

Some Answered Questions, pp. 118-120

Read more: 29: EXPLANATION OF VERSE TWENTY-TWO, CHAPTER FIFTEEN, OF THE FIRST EPISTLE OF ST. PAUL TO THE CORINTHIANS

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I really don't know exactly what this says about Jesus, it is very lofty but what does it mean? Is this supposed to be some universal removal/ cleansing of man's sins, Without man's acknowledgement or understanding of the sacrifice?
The understanding of the sacrifice is in what I just posted to you above. Below is another passage that explains how Jesus, the Word of God, gave us His teachings (profusion of His bounties) and then later died on the cross (suffered the greatest martyrdom) so we could be free of sin and attain everlasting life.

“…those who turned toward the Word of God and received the profusion of His bounties—were saved from this attachment and sin, obtained everlasting life, were delivered from the chains of bondage, and attained to the world of liberty. They were freed from the vices of the human world, and were blessed by the virtues of the Kingdom. This is the meaning of the words of Christ, “I gave My blood for the life of the world” 6 —that is to say, I have chosen all these troubles, these sufferings, calamities, and even the greatest martyrdom, to attain this object, the remission of sins”
Some Answered Questions, p. 125

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself

So is Baha'u'llah, they are both the Lord. God shone through both of them with absolute perfection. They command with the permission of God.

Truthseeker

Don't get into competition, this is not meant to to be a competition. When @Trailblazer showed this passage:

That City is none other than the Word of God revealed in every age and dispensation. In the days of Moses it was the Pentateuch; in the days of Jesus, the Gospel; in the days of Muhammad, the Messenger of God, the Qur’án; in this day, the Bayán; and in the Dispensation of Him Whom God will make manifest, His own Book—the Book unto which all the Books of former Dispensations must needs be referred, the Book that standeth amongst them all transcendent and supreme.“

This is not meant to say Baha'u'llah is superior to Christ, but as it says in the Kitab-i-Iqan:

These attributes of God are not and have never been vouchsafed specially unto certain Prophets, and withheld from others. Nay, all the Prophets of God, His well-favoured, His holy, and chosen Messengers, are, without exception, the bearers of His names, and the embodiments of His attributes. They only differ in the intensity of their revelation, and the comparative potency of their light. Even as He hath revealed: “Some of the Apostles We have caused to excel the others.”
Bahá’u’lláh, The Kitáb-i-Íqán

The light of each Prophet, we believe, was shed in proportion to what was needed in each age.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Don't get into competition, this is not meant to to be a competition. When @Trailblazer showed this passage:

This is not meant to say Baha'u'llah is superior to Christ,
No, I did not mean to say that. I was trying to make a point but admittedly, I was also fighting back. ;)

But as I said on the other thread, when I need help, which is all the time, I cry out to Jesus and God, not to Baha'u'llah.
Go figure.

The name of Jesus might have been above every other name when the New Testament was recorded, but time marches on.
In God's Eyes, the name of Jesus is no longer above every other name.
This statement is in direct opposition to God's Word! If your claim is that Jesus Christ is no longer the Name above All names. Then you are still in your sins. You cannot claim to have any part of God and reject Jesus Christ ( AND HIS NAME IS JESUS CHRIST)
Acts 4:11-12
This Jesus is ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ 12 Salvation exists in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”
You continue to speak as if somehow the Name of Jesus Christ is some abstract name that evolves thru out time. But the scriptures make it clear and you can choose to distort if you like but the Word of God stands forever. Jesus said Heaven and Earth may pass away but MY Words will never pass away.

Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone who says to me,(JESUS) ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Thes scriptures can and should be understood, as speaking about those who CLAIM to be Christians but aren't.

It most certainly can be applied to those who claim that the Name of The Begotten Son, (JESUS the person) who died for the sins of the world, and purchased by his Blood a People for himself, Who is now seated at the Right Hand of the Father, and Who will restore all things on earth and usher in a New everlasting Kingdom on earth and in Heaven, WHo will also judge the Living and the Dead, for All Judgement has been given unto the Son, And Yet reject the NAME of Jesus as being relevant today because someone else has been manifested to bring new revelations. His NAME is Eternal and no other name will be given unto Mankind!

This Warning applies to Anyone who CLaims they KNOW him when they don't. I recommend you do a Word Study on the Biblical Word Know. The greek term Ginosko means:
ginṓskō – properly, to know, especially through personal experience (first-hand acquaintance). 1097 /ginṓskō ("experientially know") is used for example in Lk 1:34, "And Mary [a virgin] said to the angel, 'How will this be since I do not know (1097 /ginṓskō = sexual intimacy) a man?'"

Jesus said I NEVER KNEW YOU. We can only know him by recognizing and accepting who HE (PERSONALLY) IS. and intimately experiencing him thru a supernatural oneness that happens when we truly Surrender to Jesus Christ and confess him as Lord. He was and still is NOT a mere manifestation of the Spirit of God, But he is Jesus Christ The PERSON. And we KNOW him By being born again and now (Present, Today) having Christ Jesus ACTIVELY living in our Hearts by the Power of the Holy Spirit.

The apostle Paul said. I am crucified with Christ ( meaning, I Identify with him that he died for my sin, and by accepting him as Lord, he empowers me to die to my sinful ways ) BUT Yet I live, (Now by Faith receiving his forgiveness and a new creation, as Jesus was raised from the Dead, I too, am raised to New life, thru Faith in Jesus Christ). Yet Not I but Christ Living in me. (It is by KNOWING Jesus and by him now ruling and reigning in my life, that this is possible.
Alll this is possible thru the Person Jesus Christ! Who is God the Son, The Word that was with God, The Word that was GOD.

And I live this New Creation life by TRUSTING ( by FAITH) in the Son of God who GAVE HIMSELF for me! This is very personnal, infact there will never be a more personnal KNOWING relationship with anyone other than being in Christ, for to be in Christ is to have Fellowship with the Father and the Holy Spirit of God living and dwelling in me, teaching me all things pertaining to Christ Jesus my Lord!

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ
: But yet I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Last edited:
He was formally designated Bahá'u'lláh, an appellation specifically recorded in the Persian Bayan, signifying at once the glory, the light and the splendor of God, and was styled

• the "Lord of Lords,"
• the "Most Great Name,"
• the "Ancient Beauty,"
• the "Pen of the Most High,"
• the "Hidden Name,"
• the "Preserved Treasure,"
• "He Whom God will make manifest,"
• the "Most Great Light,"
• the "All-Highest Horizon,"
• the "Most Great Ocean,"
• the "Supreme Heaven,"
• the "Pre-Existent Root,"
• the "Self-Subsistent,"
• the "Day-Star of the Universe,"
• the "Great Announcement,"
• the "Speaker on Sinai,"
• the "Sifter of Men,"
• the "Wronged One of the World,"
• the "Desire of the Nations,"
• the "Lord of the Covenant,"
• the "Tree beyond which there is no passing."
Attributing these names to Baha u llah or any other supposed manifestations of God other than Jesus Christ mean nothing, anyone can call themselves anything they choose, or someone else can label someone anything they choose.
This does not make it so! Having said that, I am fully aware someone can make that same accusation about Jesus Christ.

The accounts of Jesus and the Word of God which has stood for generations, and for generations, those who have put their Faith in Jesus Christ, and truly Know him have experienced the forgiveness offered by repenting and turning (surrendering) to the Lordship of the Living Savior. The Person Jesus Christ.
I have done this, I am forgiven, born a new creation, My life is different, supernaturally this happened! It didn't happen by studying scriptures, and by the power of my will, thru education and meditating on the teachings of God. It was and is a true miracle, and there are millions thru out the generations who have also been truly Born again, and KNOW Jesus CHrist. There is NO NEED for another Christ!

1 Peter 1:1-5. Thru our Triune God and the work of All 3 persons ( We are Born again)
1 To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, 2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of 1 God the Father, 2 through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, 3 to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: (Triune GOD)
Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

1 Peter 1:18-23

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart.[b] 23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring WORD OF GOD.

(Jesus Christ is the Word of God, ..........and the Word became Flesh, that whoever received HIM, he gave them the right to become CHILDREN of GOD)

2 Peter 1:1-6 We are saved, born again and kept from this World (System of sin and rebellion) Thru Faith in JESUS CHRIST, not a manifestation of God.

1 To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. (Personal intimate Knowing)
3 His (God the Father & Jesus Christ, thru the active power of the Holy Spirit) divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters,[a] make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Truthseeker

Attributing these names to Baha u llah or any other supposed manifestations of God other than Jesus Christ mean nothing, anyone can call themselves anything they choose, or someone else can label someone anything they choose.
This does not make it so! Having said that, I am fully aware someone can make that same accusation about Jesus Christ.

The accounts of Jesus and the Word of God which has stood for generations, and for generations, those who have put their Faith in Jesus Christ, and truly Know him have experienced the forgiveness offered by repenting and turning (surrendering) to the Lordship of the Living Savior. The Person Jesus Christ.
I have done this, I am forgiven, born a new creation, My life is different, supernaturally this happened! It didn't happen by studying scriptures, and by the power of my will, thru education and meditating on the teachings of God. It was and is a true miracle, and there are millions thru out the generations who have also been truly Born again, and KNOW Jesus CHrist. There is NO NEED for another Christ!

1 Peter 1:1-5. Thru our Triune God and the work of All 3 persons ( We are Born again)
1 To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, 2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of 1 God the Father, 2 through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, 3 to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: (Triune GOD)
Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

1 Peter 1:18-23

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart.[b] 23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring WORD OF GOD.

(Jesus Christ is the Word of God, ..........and the Word became Flesh, that whoever received HIM, he gave them the right to become CHILDREN of GOD)

2 Peter 1:1-6 We are saved, born again and kept from this World (System of sin and rebellion) Thru Faith in JESUS CHRIST, not a manifestation of God.

1 To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. (Personal intimate Knowing)
3 His (God the Father & Jesus Christ, thru the active power of the Holy Spirit) divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters,[a] make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
You know, in closing to you, since further talking to you is hopeless, none of these citations are authoritative anyway. Peter or Paul, or whoever are not infallible. Where did Christ confer infallibility on people writing these letters after His death, I ask you? You could cite inspired by the Holy Spirit, but in my opinion, that wouldn't mean that in everything they said it was inspired by the Holy Spirit. Not everything. There is no guarantee of that. On the other hand, @Trailblazer has investigated Baha'u'llah, as have I, and He made the claim that what He said was infallible, just as Christ was infallible. We are satisfied that He is telling the truth after investigation. If you refuse to investigate based on your limited knowledge, that's on you.
“Not everyone who says to me,(JESUS) ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Thes scriptures can and should be understood, as speaking about those who CLAIM to be Christians but aren't.
In my opinion, this is speaking to Christian preachers today who do the above, but don't do the will of the Father. Believing in Christ is important, but so is doing the will of God. It is a dual responsibility. This clearly doesn't apply to Baha'is, because we don't go around publicly prophesying, or publicly drive out demons, or publicly perform miracles. The preachers that do this are seeking fame.

I'm sorry you can't accept that we are just as saved as you are. I don't doubt your relationship with Christ.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This statement is in direct opposition to God's Word! If your claim is that Jesus Christ is no longer the Name above All names. Then you are still in your sins. You cannot claim to have any part of God and reject Jesus Christ ( AND HIS NAME IS JESUS CHRIST)
New International Version

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

As I said in a previous post, the name Jesus Christ was above all other names when these verses were was recorded in the Bible, but time marches on, so this no longer applies. The Bible was never intended by God to be the only and final Word of God for all time. Tat is what you don't understand.
Acts 4:11-12
This Jesus is ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ 12 Salvation exists in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”
I never claimed that we could be saved from our sins by anyone except Jesus Christ. Baha'u'llah did not come to save us from out sins, that had already been accomplished by Jesus. Baha'u'llah came primarily to reveal what will be necessary to assist humans in building a new world order, the kingdom of God on earth.
You continue to speak as if somehow the Name of Jesus Christ is some abstract name that evolves thru out time.
I never said that the Name of Jesus Christ is some abstract name that evolves thru out time. Jesus was one persin and Bahaullah was another person with a new name, as the Bible prophesied.

The Bible says Christ (not Jesus) would return with a new name, so we know he would not be called Jesus.

Isaiah 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3:12-13 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

The new name means that the return of Christ would be another man. It would not be Jesus Christ.
But the scriptures make it clear and you can choose to distort if you like but the Word of God stands forever. Jesus said Heaven and Earth may pass away but MY Words will never pass away.
The Words of Jesus Christ will stand forever, but that doesn't mean they are the only Words from God.
Matthew 7:21-23

I do not claim go be a Christian, I am a Baha'i who believes in Jesus.
It most certainly can be applied to those who claim that the Name of The Begotten Son, (JESUS the person) who died for the sins of the world, and purchased by his Blood a People for himself, Who is now seated at the Right Hand of the Father, and Who will restore all things on earth and usher in a New everlasting Kingdom on earth and in Heaven, WHo will also judge the Living and the Dead, for All Judgement has been given unto the Son, And Yet reject the NAME of Jesus as being relevant today because someone else has been manifested to bring new revelations. His NAME is Eternal and no other name will be given unto Mankind!

This Warning applies to Anyone who CLaims they KNOW him when they don't.
No, this Warning applies to people who claim to be Christians but don't follow the law of God and the teachings of Jesus, people who keep on sinning and live for self and the world. This Warning can be seen in the following verses, where Jesus warned those who will lose eternal life and explained why they will lose it. Sadly, most Christians pay little attention to these verses but rather follow Paul and Christian doctrines, believing that they will be saved by the Blood of Jesus, but according to Jesus that is not how they will gain eternal life.

Matthew 5
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 25:41-46 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Luke 9:23-24 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

John 12:24-26 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

This clearly doesn't apply to Baha'is, because we don't go around publicly prophesying, or publicly drive out demons, or publicly perform miracles. The preachers that do this are seeking fame.
As I have said, yes this means those who are wolves (liars, hypocrites, deceivers) in sheep's clothing (Assumed Christians).

The emphasis made by Jesus in listing the miracles, prophesies, and casting out demons, is by no means meant to be limited to those 3 things. The point Jesus is making is that WORKS (the things we do for God) will not be sufficient for entering into Heaven. We need Salvation.

John 6:28-29
28 Therefore they said to Him, “What are we to do, so that we may accomplish the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.

To know and believe in Jesus Christ (The Person, not a manifestation of God) as he clearly says is FIRST required is to do the Works (will) of God.

It is THEN, by being born again (John 3:3 &6) that we now having the Holy Spirit of God living in us, Begin to do the Living, righteous works of God. Too many confuse salvation which is first and foremost required to be in relationship with God. And this requires accepting and confessing Jesus as Lord.

Romans 10:9-10
9 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

And in Ephesians it clearly says good works do not save us
Ephesians 2:6-10
6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,
7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Now Back to what Jesus warned us, and HE KNOWS who belong to him, for he is God. but I don't know the hearts of men, I can only hear WHO they confess what they speak as the Truth of God. And by you and Trailblazers own words Jesus is only a Name for the times of his day. And That Baha u llah and others ya'll have said are now the Messiahs of today. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Good works are the result of having truly believed in Jesus Christ, and now that we are truly born from above, it is only natural that we should do good works, but the works we do, don't make us right with God, they reveal who we already are in Christ Jesus.
There are atheists, Buddists, Muslims, etc. that can claim they do good things, and even have good morals, and this can actually be true. But THEY DO NOT SAVE US.
And no doubt when in the future ON the Day of Judgement for ALL mankind, many will stand before Jesus Christ and Bow before him, and THEN Proclaim Jesus is Lord! as the scriptures say Will Happen!....and at that time many will say didn't we do things in (YOUR NAME) Allah's name, Baba uLlah's name, Budda's, name etc. and He will say depart from me I NEVER KNEW YOU!

But according to you and the Baha religion the NAME in your religion doesn't matter.

Jesus taught his disciples for now On (and that still holds today) Whenever you pray to the Father, you can pray in my name.
There is no Power, by the way in the letters, the pronunciation of the Name Jesus. There is Power in the One who's Name is Jesus Christ!!

John 14:13
And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. “If you love Me, keep My commandments.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I am glad you realize same applies to the NAMES that were given to Jesus!
I have done this, I am forgiven, born a new creation, My life is different, supernaturally this happened! It didn't happen by studying scriptures, and by the power of my will, thru education and meditating on the teachings of God. It was and is a true miracle, and there are millions thru out the generations who have also been truly Born again, and KNOW Jesus CHrist.
I have heard these accounts from other Christians and I do not doubt their experiences and how they have transformed their lives.
Likewise, my life has been transformed by God and Baha'u'llah, not by the power of my own will. I have also been Born Again by the Water of Life.

Jesus spoke of the Water of Life which He offered in His Day.

John 3:5-7 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

John 4:14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.

John 7:38-39 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’” But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

History repeats itself. Notice how Baha'u'llah mentions the Water of Life, that which bestows eternal life for those who are awakened and resurrected.

“Incline your ears to the sweet melody of this Prisoner. Arise, and lift up your voices, that haply they that are fast asleep may be awakened. Say: O ye who are as dead! The Hand of Divine bounty proffereth unto you the Water of Life. Hasten and drink your fill. Whoso hath been re-born in this Day, shall never die; whoso remaineth dead, shall never live.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 213

“He is indeed as one dead who, at the wondrous dawn of this Revelation, hath failed to be quickened by its soul-stirring breeze. He is indeed a captive who hath not recognized the Supreme Redeemer, but hath suffered his soul to be bound, distressed and helpless, in the fetters of his desires.

O My servants! Whoso hath tasted of this Fountain hath attained unto everlasting Life, and whoso hath refused to drink therefrom is even as the dead. Say: O ye workers of iniquity! Covetousness hath hindered you from giving a hearing ear unto the sweet voice of Him Who is the All-Sufficing. Wash it away from your hearts, that His Divine secret may be made known unto you. Behold Him manifest and resplendent as the sun in all its glory.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 169
There is NO NEED for another Christ!
Baha'u'llah was not 'another Christ.' I am not sure how many times I have to say this before Christians understand.

But I do understand the point you are making, that you do not need anyone but Jesus Christ. You don't think I have heard this before? I have been listening to Christians saying this on various forums for 10 years.

There definitely was a need for Baha'u'llah, even if YOU and other Christians don't need Him. The world needed Jesus, and that is why God sent Him. Later, the world needed Baha'u'llah, and that is why God sent Him. Christianity has fulfilled its purpose and it is time to move on to the next stage of mankind's spiritual evolution and build the kingdom of God on earth.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the nature of religion. Know thou that they who are truly wise have likened the world unto the human temple. As the body of man needeth a garment to clothe it, so the body of mankind must needs be adorned with the mantle of justice and wisdom. Its robe is the Revelation vouchsafed unto it by God. Whenever this robe hath fulfilled its purpose, the Almighty will assuredly renew it. For every age requireth a fresh measure of the light of God. Every Divine Revelation hath been sent down in a manner that befitted the circumstances of the age in which it hath appeared.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 81

Truthseeker

As I have said, yes this means those who are wolves (liars, hypocrites, deceivers) in sheep's clothing (Assumed Christians).

The emphasis made by Jesus in listing the miracles, prophesies, and casting out demons, is by no means meant to be limited to those 3 things. The point Jesus is making is that WORKS (the things we do for God) will not be sufficient for entering into Heaven. We need Salvation.

John 6:28-29
28 Therefore they said to Him, “What are we to do, so that we may accomplish the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.

To know and believe in Jesus Christ (The Person, not a manifestation of God) as he clearly says is FIRST required is to do the Works (will) of God.

It is THEN, by being born again (John 3:3 &6) that we now having the Holy Spirit of God living in us, Begin to do the Living, righteous works of God. Too many confuse salvation which is first and foremost required to be in relationship with God. And this requires accepting and confessing Jesus as Lord.

Romans 10:9-10
9 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

And in Ephesians it clearly says good works do not save us
Ephesians 2:6-10
6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,
7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Now Back to what Jesus warned us, and HE KNOWS who belong to him, for he is God. but I don't know the hearts of men, I can only hear WHO they confess what they speak as the Truth of God. And by you and Trailblazers own words Jesus is only a Name for the times of his day. And That Baha u llah and others ya'll have said are now the Messiahs of today. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Good works are the result of having truly believed in Jesus Christ, and now that we are truly born from above, it is only natural that we should do good works, but the works do, don't make us right with God, they reveal who we already are in Christ Jesus.
There are atheists, Buddists, Muslims, etc. that can claim they do good things, and even have good morals, and this can actually be true. But THEY DO NOT SAVE US.
And no doubt when in the future ON the Day of Judgement for ALL mankind, may will stand before Jesus Christ and Bow before him, and THEN Proclaim Jesus is Lord! as the scriptures say Will Happen!....and at that time many will say didn't we do things in (YOUR NAME) Allah's name, Baba uLlah's name, Budda's, name etc. and He will say depart from me I NEVER KNEW YOU!

But according to you and the Baha religion the NAME in your religion doesn't matter.

Jesus taught his disciples for now On (and that still holds today) Whenever you pray to the Father, you can pray in my name.
There is no Power, by the way in the letters, the pronunciation of the Name Jesus. There is Power in the One who's Name is Jesus Christ!!

John 14:13
And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. “If you love Me, keep My commandments.
What does salvation mean to you? Is it black or white, you are in heaven forever or in hell forever? There is no grey in between?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
For every age requireth a fresh measure of the light of God. Every Divine Revelation hath been sent down in a manner that befitted the circumstances of the age in which it hath appeared.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 81
I have recently begun to read essays written by Edward Reaugh Smith on Rudolf Steiner's Anthropology and though there has been little to make me go "hmmm?", there is quite a bit that just makes me think. In short, similarly to Bahaullah speaking of the need of fresh light, Steiner spoke of avatars of God. Condensing a great deal of reading down to my take-away on this aspect, Steiner presents Noah, Moses, Melchizedek, and Jesus as these avatars "sent" as "a physical body for the blessing and progress of all human beings." To look at the definition of Christ as being an anointed one, why couldn't we be blessed with more than one? One does not replace another, but rather carries out the mission appointed to his time. From what little I know of Baha-i, it makes perfect sense to me that Bahaullah's timing has just begun. He and Steiner are from the same era, IIRC. It's in God's hands -- His will be done.

What does salvation mean to you? Is it black or white, you are in heaven forever or in hell forever? There is no grey in between?
Salvation is being saved from eternal separation from God, from the wrath of God. We are born into this world in enmity with God.

We can not make it right with God in doing enough good to make up for the sins we are guilty of. And we certainly can't change the nature by which we are born with to stop sinning. We therefore need forgiveness of sins, and a New Nature that now that is Born of God. This is the purpose for Jesus Christ to first come.

Ephesians 2:1-5

1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,
2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.
3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh[a] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.
4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,
5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

never said that the Name of Jesus Christ is some abstract name that evolves thru out time. Jesus was one persin and Bahaullah was another person with a new name, as the Bible prophesied.

The Bible says Christ (not Jesus) would return with a new name, so we know he would not be called Jesus.
Do you know what Christ means?

Baha'u'llah was not 'another Christ.' I am not sure how many times I have to say this before Christians understand.

But I do understand the point you are making, that you do not need anyone but Jesus Christ. You don't think I have heard this before? I have been listening to Christians saying this on various forums for 10 years.

There definitely was a need for Baha'u'llah, even if YOU and other Christians don't need Him. The world needed Jesus, and that is why God sent Him. Later, the world needed Baha'u'llah, and that is why God sent Him. Christianity has fulfilled its purpose and it is time to move on to the next stage of mankind's spiritual evolution and build the kingdom of God on earth.
First of all you are saying one thing in one post and something different in another. You said in a previous post, the Bible says "Christ" would return but not Jesus. My question is, do you what Christ means?

Because in this Post you say Baha ullah was not another Christ, Do you mean he is not a Prophet like Jesus was, as you have claimed?

And you obviously believe that another Christ is coming if it is not Baha u llah who is it? Has one come since Jesus and are there more coming?

And you keep saying Christianity has fulfilled it's purpose, according to your definition what is (or was) it's purpose?

Truthseeker

Salvation is being saved from eternal separation from God, from the wrath of God. We are born into this world in enmity with God.
Where in the Bible does it say in authoritative sources, from which I mean Prophets or Christ, that we are born in enmity with God? Where from the same that that separation would be eternal? Would the separation be absolute, by which I mean completely black, with no grey people in between? Either heaven (complete union with God) or hell (complete separation from God)? I hope not. That would make no sense to me. I also don't believe in eternal separation.