• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Christianity support?

As a Christian, which do you support?

• Total voters

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Is there verses taked as interpretation from Bible ?
but as I understand story of Adam(pbuh) and Eve(pbuh) were created not evolved?

The Bible story talks about creation. and Adam as part of that Creation.
However the Church today understands that the seven day creation was a fable used to explain how things began. Primitive man had no idea about science or the reality of how things came about.
The likelihood of an identifiable first man called Adam is remote indeed.
It is far more likely that Creation was limited to the big bang and the possibilities enshrined in the physics that controlled the further development of the universe.
Until the universe had gone through several generations of stars, there were few of the elements necessary to sustain life.

Creation has been a slow process that has followed strict scientific rules.
This process continues......

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
The Bible story talks about creation. and Adam as part of that Creation.
However the Church today understands that the seven day creation was a fable used to explain how things began. Primitive man had no idea about science or the reality of how things came about.
The likelihood of an identifiable first man called Adam is remote indeed.
It is far more likely that Creation was limited to the big bang and the possibilities enshrined in the physics that controlled the further development of the universe.
Until the universe had gone through several generations of stars, there were few of the elements necessary to sustain life.

Creation has been a slow process that has followed strict scientific rules.
This process continues......
I meant by evolution , without God power ,(evolution theory) .
Since the creation is made by God , time it does not matter. got it ?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Do not you know that Islam based on creation by God ?

All medieval religions believed in creation.. However they have mostly revised their beliefs in the light of scientific facts as they have been discovered.
By now most religions accept that all creation stories are myths.
However that does not exclude God from the Process, development and population of the universe, from the very beginning. Not by individual acts of creation, but by entirely natural scientific processes over millions of years.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I meant by evolution , without God power ,(evolution theory) .
Since the creation is made by God , time it does not matter. got it ?

Evolution is about change in living things. and their further continuous development.
The universe itself had to evolve before planets formed from the debris of exploded stars, that were suitable for the development of proto life.
That primitive life took millions of years to evolve into what we know today.
It could be said that this was inevitable as it followed God's plan. However the stage we have reached today is only a point in our evolution.
There can not be a finality of God's plan. And further change is inevitable.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Evolution is about change in living things. and their further continuous development.
The universe itself had to evolve before planets formed from the debris of exploded stars, that were suitable for the development of proto life.
That primitive life took millions of years to evolve into what we know today.
It could be said that this was inevitable as it followed God's plan. However the stage we have reached today is only a point in our evolution.
There can not be a finality of God's plan. And further change is inevitable.
Please just be brief in these question .

First of all, are you Christian ?
If yes, Why the word evolution/evolve don't exist in Bible ?

Do you understand evolution "as a period of time" of creation , or evolution is without God ?

So you believe that God did not creat Adam(pbuh) and Eve (pbuh) , and animals , universe....etc

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Islam was conceived by Mohammed. I simply asked you if you believed Genesis 1 & 2. Do you?
literally "NO" ,I mean, word by word , But I do agree with general concept of that verse,which is God is Creator of everything.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Please just be brief in these question .

First of all, are you Christian ?
If yes, Why the word evolution/evolve don't exist in Bible ?

Do you understand evolution "as a period of time" of creation , or evolution is without God ?

So you believe that God did not creat Adam(pbuh) and Eve (pbuh) , and animals , universe....etc

It is not as simple as that
I am a Christian
The word evolution is not in the Bible, because the concept had not been discovered when it was written.

I believe God started the process that we know as the "big bang" when the universe came into being.
He set the scientific principals necessary for it to continue.

He did not create us or the other animals.
They evolved under the scientific principals he had set up.

Evolution does not need God to do anything for it to continue.
He set it in motion.
therefore it must continue.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
@Terrywoodenpic
But Bible said cleary God created things , He did not said that He set a scientific principal to continous !
Which/what verse in Bible make you understood that he set a scienfic principla to continous ?

David1967

Premium Member
Hello brothers and sisters :)
EDITED
I met today a Christian he said :" God could have created Adam (pbuh) and the other creatures using evolution."
I am not deny God created univers by steps,"6 days" but I am mention to creatures , and especially Adam(pbuh) and Eve (pbuh)

Then what is Bible said about creation of creatures ? does Bible support creation of creatures or support evolution of creatures ?

Good question brother. If I may make a suggestion that you add an option for belief in both in your poll. There is a point of view that God created everything but that evolution takes place within a species as time goes on.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Good question brother. If I may make a suggestion that you add an option for belief in both in your poll. There is a point of view that God created everything but that evolution takes place within a species as time goes on.

I do agree with you brother ,I know God made creatures variety by time (inside the same specie) , so you find human different colors or shapes...etc so animal or tree too. not a specie became new specie by evolution.

My question was about evolution theory,does the Christians believe in evolution which created or God who created.

David1967

Premium Member
I do agree with you brother ,I know God made creatures variety by time (inside the same specie) , so you find human different colors or shapes...etc so animal or tree too. not a specie became new specie by evolution.

My question was about evolution theory,does the Christians believe in evolution which created or God who created.

You are speaking of original creation. Yes I believe that God created everything in the first place. Again, good thread brother. :)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Hello brothers and sisters :)
I met today a Christian he said :" God could have created Adam (pbuh) and the other creatures using evolution."
I am not deny God created universe by steps,"6 days" but I am mention to creatures , and especially Adam(pbuh) and Eve (pbuh)
Then what is Bible said about creation of creatures ? does Bible support creation of creatures or support evolution of creatures ?

On what did that professing Christian base his statements? Surely Not on Scripture - Matthew 7:21-23
As far as possibly 'lower forms of life' who knows if God used some form of evolution process, but certainly Not where creating humans are concerned.
Adam was made from the dust of the ground and at death he returned there - Genesis 3:19
God fashioned Eve from Adam's rib. Eve did Not evolve from Adam's rib.

Also, in Scripture the word day/days can have various shades of meaning.
For example: we speak of Noah's day, or grandfather's day, and know we are Not talking about a 24-hour day time frame.
So, the 6 creative days can be of the same, or of various lengths of time.
In other words, each of the creative days could be the same or be of differing time lengths.
In Scripture, even the word 'day' can refer to just the ' daylight ' hours.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
You are speaking of original creation.
This is it brother, now you got my point !
I do think the process in time is upadate the creatures too, it's does not matter some people call it "evolution" , since first origin step is " CREATION" .

Because the word "evolution" may gave the impression of theory (evolution is original creation)?