• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is an infinite intelligence?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
IMO, infinite intelligence is owned by God alone, along with other noble attributes.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I seriously doubt that we could ever understand an infinite intelligence. We would have nothing to compare it to, therefore the notion, though amusing, is moot.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
How so? How does "intelligence" figure in the sacred scenary of mountains?
Beyond the mountains are more mountains, air, space, universe, continuous news facts and data, never ending information, humans, animals, other life forms, from past to eternal future, all sums up to infinite intelligence.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Beyond the mountains are more mountains, air, space, universe, continuous news facts and data, never ending information, humans, animals, other life forms, from past to eternal future, all sums up to infinite intelligence.
Intelligence? Why that word? How does infinite relate?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Theres got to be some definition or pieces to warrent the name.
Not necessarily. It could simply be the deluded ramblings of wishful thinkers. There is no possible way for us to ascertain if something has infinite intelligence therefore saying something has infinite intelligence is relatively meaningless.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Infnite Intelligence ?
Wow...what a question !
I'm astounded by the depth of the end of the capture !
The capture of the lack of our ability,
to even start to reach the beginning of the quest !
I'm not able to know my own gnosis,
let alone seeking to aquire the fulfillment of more.
I guess the 'spirits' don't even know the limits.
Since 'infinity' doesn't ever stop,
I guess our own intelligence will keep growing,
way before our ability to learn enough to know everything.
~
Strange...how there seems to be any end to this lack of conception.
~
NuffStuff
'mud

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Intelligence? Why that word? How does infinite relate?
Intelligence either relates to information as such (like in FBI), or the processing of information. Humans process information in an intelligent way. Animals do too. Perhaps even the subatomic processes are manipulating information as well in ways that are beyond our intelligence, and this is all from eternal past to eternal future, in an infinite space. So it's infinite information processing in infinite time and infinite space. And you can see it all when looking over some beautiful mountains.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Intelligence either relates to information as such (like in FBI), or the processing of information. Humans process information in an intelligent way. Animals do too. Perhaps even the subatomic processes are manipulating information as well in ways that are beyond our intelligence, and this is all from eternal past to eternal future, in an infinite space. So it's infinite information processing in infinite time and infinite space. And you can see it all when looking over some beautiful mountains.

I see it in humans and animals but attributing it to nature sounds like there is a person or force behind it.

Nature has a design because of how we perceive things. Our brain tries to organize and make sense of the world. Without us, the world is spontaneous. It does its thing and has no intilligence because there isnt a definition for what Is.

We are applying words to make sense of a world that in itself does not "obtain" intillegence. Not a good word to use.

Design?